MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

15 minutes ago, swilson160 said:

that's because it is.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115128685916

that was a joke tweet, i assume.  but may well be the inspiration for the cap.

11 minutes ago, DarthBrett said:

LOL Ahhh! Okay. I thought the trucker cap was the actual Angels cap Hahaha. Thanks for clarifying. It made sense though since the rumors point to their sets being about surf culture. 

That's Ash Ketchum's hat.

vGb2j.jpg

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

The Braves are doing another replica ring giveaway tonight so they busted out the gold trimmed caps and jerseys again. I believe they are wearing their regular helmets instead of the one that had the gold “A.” No pics yet but here’s a video.

Looks like the Dodgers may have changed their City uni caps for '22. The upcoming Urias bobblehead for next week has a black bill and squatchee and just a white 'LA'. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here's last year's version for comparisons' sake...

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

4 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

The Braves are doing another replica ring giveaway tonight so they busted out the gold trimmed caps and jerseys again. I believe they are wearing their regular helmets instead of the one that had the gold “A.” No pics yet but here’s a video.

Did it to rub the Phillies nose in it a little. How’d that work out for them?

• Like 1

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Speaking of the Dodgers, either the supply chain issues are still affecting some teams, or they have gone the entire season without wearing the alternate grey "Dodgers" jersey. It appears they have only worn the "Los Angeles" script on the road (which is fine by me, I love the "Los Angeles" script)

• Like 4

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

7 hours ago, DarthBrett said:

Looks like the Dodgers may have changed their City uni caps for '22. The upcoming Urias bobblehead for next week has a black bill and squatchee and just a white 'LA'. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here's last year's version for comparisons' sake...

spacer.png

This would be a definite upgrade. Full jersey scripts always look bad on the front of a cap, and especially on the field during an MLB game. The black bill is meh, but I guess they needed something to distinguish it from their everyday caps.

• Like 4

I think I’d like the Dodgers City Connect uniform with several tweaks, but as is, it’s not a good uniform.

For an occasional alt, I kinda like the all blue. Use the regular cap, drop the “Los” and use the normal script and normal cap logo. Drop the sleeve trim.

11 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

Speaking of the Dodgers, either the supply chain issues are still affecting some teams, or they have gone the entire season without wearing the alternate grey "Dodgers" jersey. It appears they have only worn the "Los Angeles" script on the road (which is fine by me, I love the "Los Angeles" script)

At first I really thought it was due to the supply chain issue. Speaking of which, I think the Pirates still haven't worn their black home alt yet, the Cubbies still have yet to wear their city unis and the Rangers have yet to wear their red alt, either. But then I started thinking the Dodgers only wearing the 'Los Angeles' road jerseys this year in order to rep LA since the ASG is played here this year. Could just be coincidence though and maybe they did retire the 'Dodgers' grey jersey for '22. I liked the 'Dodgers' one since it reminded me of their look from the '70s to '90s, but I know how some people really disliked that they had made the original intended 'Dodgers' road alt as their primary road once it was introduced and made the primary 'Los Angeles' the road alt. 

Guessing we're getting a powder blue uniform with that Brew Crew script on it. As much as I'd much rather they just modernize the 1982 roads (like they did for years with the home version before the current rebrand), I'm more than okay with this and have no doubt they'll sell a lot of those jerseys to fans.

5 hours ago, DarthBrett said:

At first I really thought it was due to the supply chain issue. Speaking of which, I think the Pirates still haven't worn their black home alt yet, the Cubbies still have yet to wear their city unis and the Rangers have yet to wear their red alt, either. But then I started thinking the Dodgers only wearing the 'Los Angeles' road jerseys this year in order to rep LA since the ASG is played here this year. Could just be coincidence though and maybe they did retire the 'Dodgers' grey jersey for '22. I liked the 'Dodgers' one since it reminded me of their look from the '70s to '90s, but I know how some people really disliked that they had made the original intended 'Dodgers' road alt as their primary road once it was introduced and made the primary 'Los Angeles' the road alt. 

Rangers finally received their reds and wore them on a Friday night home game against Boston. They've been relegated to Friday home games only since the move to the new park so won't see them as much as prior years. 

5 hours ago, LARangersFan said:

Rangers finally received their reds and wore them on a Friday night home game against Boston. They've been relegated to Friday home games only since the move to the new park so won't see them as much as prior years. 

Ahhh, you're right!! I totally forgot they did a couple weeks back against the Red Sox.  So basically just the Pirates' black home alt. the Cubs' city uni and potentially the Dodgers road 'Dodgers' jerseys are the only alt jerseys left that are still MIA in '22. 

20 hours ago, philly97flyer said:

Did it to rub the Phillies nose in it a little. How’d that work out for them?

I love any ant-Braves and pro-Phils content, but the reason was current Phillie Johan Camargo was a part of the Braves org last year and was awarded his ring yesterday (as it was their first game in Atlanta this season)

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

20 hours ago, DarthBrett said:

I know how some people really disliked that they had made the original intended 'Dodgers' road alt as their primary road once it was introduced and made the primary 'Los Angeles' the road alt. 

I was one of those people and I’m happy we’re seeing more of the Los Angeles script.

• Like 3

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

15 hours ago, selgy said:

Am I missing something. I don't see any images. Same when Someone mentioned something about Angel leaks. 

The images are coming straight from embedded tweets, sometimes they take a minute to load...

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

23 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Padres & Brewers City Connect socks:

Good lord. The Padres appear to have used 1980s tourist t-shirts as their City Connect inspiration. Approximately one hour after these uniforms are revealed I expect to hear cries of "they should adopt these full time." 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

1 minute ago, gosioux76 said:

Approximately one hour after these uniforms are revealed I expect to hear cries of "they should adopt these full time." 

If the Padres hadn't unveiled their beautiful new uniforms a few seasons ago, I would agree with that sentiment. 🤣

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Good lord. The Padres appear to have used 1980s tourist t-shirts as their City Connect inspiration. Approximately one hour after these uniforms are revealed I expect to hear cries of "they should adopt these full time." 

Holy vaporwave Batman. 

rAUPGPZ.png

33 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Big mistake if they would do that

30 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

If the Padres hadn't unveiled their beautiful new uniforms a few seasons ago, I would agree with that sentiment. 🤣

Agreed

20 minutes ago, GrayJ12 said:

Holy vaporwave Batman. 

Seconded