MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

9 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

Big mistake if they would do that

I should be clear, my comment was NOT an endorsement of the idea. I'm just predicting a similar reaction to what we've seen with the Miami Heat and its Vice set. 

• Like 2

On 5/24/2022 at 10:03 AM, DarthBrett said:

At first I really thought it was due to the supply chain issue. Speaking of which, I think the Pirates still haven't worn their black home alt yet, the Cubbies still have yet to wear their city unis and the Rangers have yet to wear their red alt, either. But then I started thinking the Dodgers only wearing the 'Los Angeles' road jerseys this year in order to rep LA since the ASG is played here this year. Could just be coincidence though and maybe they did retire the 'Dodgers' grey jersey for '22. I liked the 'Dodgers' one since it reminded me of their look from the '70s to '90s, but I know how some people really disliked that they had made the original intended 'Dodgers' road alt as their primary road once it was introduced and made the primary 'Los Angeles' the road alt. 

And with a few from the 2021 season now retired, it's nice to see some of the unneeded alternates taken out of circulation.

Now it'd be nice if the Dodgers retired their "Dodgers" gray alternate as I feel it is not even needed for them

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I should be clear, my comment was an endorsement of the idea. I'm just predicting a similar reaction to what we've seen with the Miami Heat and its Vice set. 

Which I understand. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

And with a few from the 2021 season now retired, it's nice to see some of the unneeded alternates taken out of circulation.

Now it'd be nice if the Dodgers retired their "Dodgers" gray alternate as I feel it is not even needed for them

I would be fine if there were more protocols associated with alternates. The starting pitcher's choice is a horrible concept that needs to die but I think some consistent criteria such as interleague, day/night, inter/intra division. For example the dodgers script could be worn for divisional road games etc.

Just now, NashConcepts said:

ff_4740551-0cf3bbd5df6aebdd479balt1_full

Are we expecting the Rays to unveil a CC anytime soon?

I think this is probably just a fashion tee. Someone a page or two back posted a similar Tigers shirt with a "Motor City" graphic. 

2 hours ago, rsaline said:

Looks like the Rockies will unveil their City Connect on Friday.

I'm guessing head-to-toe purple, or they're gonna go the Colorado flag route like they've done on their BP hats and what CSU has done for an alternate for football

• Hurl 1

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

I'm not trying to be ignorant, but is there anything else you could really do with Denver/Colorado besides mountains and the state flag? That's all I ever hear about when that area is mentioned.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

I'm guessing head-to-toe purple, or they're gonna go the Colorado flag route like they've done on their BP hats and what CSU has done for an alternate for football

8 hours ago, Dynasty said:

I'm not trying to be ignorant, but is there anything else you could really do with Denver/Colorado besides mountains and the state flag? That's all I ever hear about when that area is mentioned.

Based on the Rockies City Connect socks that leaked a few months back, we know it’s going to be a purple & green color scheme:

https://twitter.com/angelsreddit/status/1528262014996340736?s=21&t=bJXNR-dQ8Snkh4DOnbOfkQ

• Like 1

I’m just guessing here but I’m thinkingmaybe we’ll see a green uniform with tonal topo lines for the Rockies with some purple and white trim? Purple and green is a tricky color scheme to pull off but I’m optimistic we’ll see something good from the Rockies. They really have so much inspiration to pull from with the name/locale/landscape/stadium.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

I’m just guessing here but I’m thinkingmaybe we’ll see a green uniform with tonal topo lines for the Rockies with some purple and white trim? Purple and green is a tricky color scheme to pull off but I’m optimistic we’ll see something good from the Rockies. They really have so much inspiration to pull from with the name/locale/landscape/stadium.

Heh, the Augusta Greeenjackets did it pretty well back in the day.

Vintage 90s Augusta Sportswear Windbreaker M Mens - Gem

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, McCall said:

Heh, the Augusta Greeenjackets did it pretty well back in the day.

Vintage 90s Augusta Sportswear Windbreaker M Mens - Gem

My high school’s colors were purple and green. We wore Kelly green with purple 99.9% of the time and I tended to like it because it was unique. I have a big soft spot for purple/green color schemes.

10 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

Rumor has it that it will be a lot of green and some purple (which is supported by the sock pictures). 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, 8BW14 said:

Coors Field staff used to wear these jackets in the 90s:

Rare Vintage Starter '98 All Star Game Colorado Rockies Staff Satin Jacket  Med | eBay

Essentially a 90s/2000s Milwaukee Bucks vibe...but they made it work and it screamed Coors Field.

• Like 1
  • Hurl 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.