MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

2 hours ago, TBGKon said:

I would hope the light blue jerseys get light blue pants at least for road games.  The combo of light blue and gray during spring training always looked muddy to me.

GettyImages-1306728589.jpg

This look also bothers me 

I go all Cubs "Wrigleyville" with navy tops that say Tampa Bay and navy pants with columbia stripe. 

Maybe the Rays will be getting a city connect and with how infrequent they wear they road grays, the city connect will replace the grays on the road?  

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Someone posted on Twitter a picture that supposedly shows the top of the Angels' City Connect batting helmet, and it only shows a red helmet with white panel. Can't see the front logo in the picture, so I don't know how authentic it is, and thus I'm not going to link it here. 

Didn't anticipate the team going with white panel hats for City Connect, but we'll see. 

I can’t seem to find the tweet you’re describing. Care to provide a link?

With the rays dropping gray (sad) along with tons of colored alts, city connects, powder blues, etc, do you think we are in a trend (colors of 70s, powder blue roads, etc) or do you think baseball is moving away from white vs gray?  I think teams with less history will embrace this, while teams like tigers and Yankees will stay traditional.

the high school I coach has orange tops for home and black road. A few years ago the boosters bought black pants cause they are “fire,” after purchase, they quickly became our default pants. I finally got them shelved for two years and this group begged so we let them wear them for the last series. I was told over and over, coach this is sick, this ain’t the old days, etc. we ended up getting spanked those last two games and I said at least our look was sick haha.

long story short, kids love these types of unis and it seems like a lot of adults do for nostalgia purposes.

a random thought …I can see the Mets city connect uses the skyline from their sleeve patch as their chest logo ala old Denver nuggets. I’m going to put my iPad away now. I’m not good at drinking and analyzing uniforms while having access to a message board 😛

KISSwall09.jpg

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

Not the trucker hats, but the reply tweet that includes the pic with the helmet in the box

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

HzDjp5L.jpg

• Like 2

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

11 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

Which trend are you speaking of? The 1970s sansabelt polyester pullover era or the more recent modern embrace/reintroduction of powder blue? At this point, because the Cardinals are one of the teams that switched to powder blue road uniforms so effectively in the '70s, I don't feel that the color is at all misplaced within their brand. 

Now, I might have thought differently when it was introduced in the '70s, but as of today it feels natural. 

I was referring to the original powder blue trend, which I don't think the Cardinals should have ever been a part of. Although you're right... they did stay close enough to the confines of their original look that it didn't look as bad as, say, the Cubs powder blues or absolutely anything the Braves wore between the Hank 714 unis and their current look.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

With all this discussion about teams going with non-grey away uniforms, I'm going to a shameless plug a few concepts for a series I did back in 2020.

AM-JKLUEiOLFDVAWg1_i2jwPgbrxONDHbafCFTRjlfwCvzVfqvoEvV7faOrzUt7AP0Wl_zUFFNF12aT0QD7G905KI4gtAf_Zx3Ud__DBUlSAiR6JaYENXTJR4bGTx-FwR16QBKTPVe8ZYqQ-heizTnLzn4Xj0A=w508-h506-no?authuser=0

AM-JKLViELGmV6W6dDGFPa6-xlPP6VFK4o_S9pXJ6TkdWuUMZItUj5Kxc5Izi0AxjKSKDk3gsOjh_7QU1L0Min6VMGZMRQDDqfUPZA_sz7Bkp7ALblcPCXliE7PjKzbYBQ-Zo9DR_xm5h9eOCu-A6IUXwPuEEQ=w508-h506-no?authuser=0

AM-JKLUyO2gGIxqMhMV_x6A-I6h5vsLgfsDkwNO_kaj34Tgokh2fmfcwQyXCxX73o_cTtjEFSoVXru1Zdi3wtHiJKFKScR3_ZMEkOT-d1JGwvDM-efuKUCVEocZcwlLKzvzNhQVPifdcn_u-pGurtB53_l2CLA=w508-h506-no?authuser=0

AM-JKLVtCRnt8SPlSKuR0EbqhebOpU_FwBFwOOOHAMyw_O5XGxVI9bmOCVRemJudoerHmPY91Y_LoPz-iU8JXGtpIvkrFHKXmRb_oPo5kTvv6Du5fWtMBXd6ZB0x8Xl8TDfMuplW1ZYq3ifyUONVKdAjqZ-8NQ=w508-h506-no?authuser=0

AM-JKLVIk49s-ucf4fQP2uRXb_WUI9zCFA26vH8jNGxDeIaLUIGzJMxR1IyBh2Y0eNj_rRb_MlFLnTOtsXmMjiCuc95MfcrCEGRhiHdcEbfP6odoF-2IbQ4pMWVoO6vw-4Z6LDB7I84X_L5zgQ9ZKlsvF6x6KQ=w508-h516-no?authuser=0

**You can check out the rest here**

Yeah, I was honestly shocked that when the Brewers rolled out their redesign in 2020 it wasn't accompanied by a powder blue road uniform. 

• Like 2

With the supply chain issues clearing up, do we have a good view of what everyone has?   I hear people speaking about things still missing.   Does the suggested limit of four (+ City Connect, it seems) hold weight?

On 5/2/2022 at 10:29 AM, McCall said:

Mets should only have:

Home white pinstripes

Road grays with piping

Blue Mets alt (orange and white on the jersey only, no black)

Black Mets alt (bring back blue placket piping)

2 hats: Primary blue with orange NY (no outline), black hat for black alt jersey

Perfection, although I still think the plack piping just disappears and it looks better with the clean design they just switched to.

On 5/15/2022 at 7:47 PM, JayHawk786 said:

Hopefully they'll finally say Tampa Bay for the first time since 2007

Not a chance.   They're going to go with just the Rays so they can wear them home too.   Columbia Blue brightens up the Trop so well.   At least, the best they can hope for.

I do know that at some point in history dark uniforms were reserved for night/indoor games due to the sun.   At least, the umps seemed to do this.   Is this still held to?

On 5/17/2022 at 4:55 PM, spartacat_12 said:

I'm not sure if this is an unpopular opinion or not, but I don't understand the desire to have teams with no powder blue in their colour scheme to dress in head to toe powder blue on the road. It was a gimmick for networks to show off their new colour broadcasts in the '70s.

If the Rays want to do it, that's fine, since it is one of their colours, but it doesn't make sense for royal and/or navy blue teams. The Blue Jays grey uniforms might be my favourite in the set.

I feel like a few teams get by because their most iconic periods were during the Powder Blue Era (Royals and Phillies championships, Brewers pennant, and Blue Jays and Expos origins)

• Like 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

5 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

I think the Mariners might need a new equipment manager.

Nobody ever points out that the Mariners have 5 jerseys, and only one has these fonts. The number font is fine, but the NOB font is terrible. But why does every other jersey have normal block fonts?

• Like 2

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

Angels City Connect socks have apparently leaked:

This is hinting at what would honestly be a good foundation for a future Angels redesign. Off-white uniforms with a script style "Angels" would be really nice. 

• Like 3
  • Hurl 1

3 minutes ago, swilson160 said:

that's because it is.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115128685916

that was a joke tweet, i assume.  but may well be the inspiration for the cap.

LOL Ahhh! Okay. I thought the trucker cap was the actual Angels cap Hahaha. Thanks for clarifying. It made sense though since the rumors point to their sets being about surf culture.