MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

Man... I'm just old enough to remember when my home phone was a 414 number rather than 262.  Had no idea Green Bay used to be 414 too.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Looks like the Diamondbacks tweaked their city unis a little bit for 2022 - they now have matching cream pants. Last year's set they just wore their normal home white pants with the jersey and cap. 

Posted stills of both for comparison sake...

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Applause 3

4 minutes ago, DarthBrett said:

Looks like the Diamondbacks tweaked their city unis a little bit for 2022 - they now have matching cream pants. Last year's set they just wore their normal home white pants with the jersey and cap. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Looks so much better with the sand pants. I was so curious on why they didn’t do that last year in the first place…

• Like 5

4 hours ago, DarthBrett said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Just change the name of the team to Serpientes or Serpents instead of D-Bags 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

On 5/5/2022 at 3:50 PM, TheGiantsFan said:

Looks like the Brewers' City Connect may have leaked!

More on this here: https://reviewingthebrew.com/2022/05/05/brewers-city-connect-uniforms-2022-leaked-early/

If the jersey is powder blue and has that Brew Crew wordmark on the front then this is a huge W.

• Like 2

bSLCtu2.png

Not that we need any more double-blue teams in pro sports, but...is there a good reason why the Brewers couldn't make that their primary colorway??

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

15 hours ago, JayHawk786 said:

Just change the name of the team to Serpientes or Serpents instead of D-Bags 

Phoenix Serpientes, Serps for short, would have been great from the outset. The only problem is that it may have pissed off Anglo Arizonans, but you know what, fine.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 5/6/2022 at 3:53 PM, Discrim said:

Man... I'm just old enough to remember when my home phone was a 414 number rather than 262.  Had no idea Green Bay used to be 414 too.

Even the 608 (Madison, La Crosse) was 414 at one time. Essentially, 414 and 715 were the two original Wisconsin codes and "the line" was run through the state diagonally. So southern and eastern Wisconsin got 414, while northern and western Wisconsin got 715.

• Like 1

Interesting that the Rockies had to drop an alternate to make room for their City Connect,

I literally just logged in and came here b/c I noticed that the Braves' cream alternates are no longer being sold, have not been worn, and are absent from MLB The Show 22 (the Show isn't perfect with uniforms but are usually pretty on point). 

I was wondering if it's possible the Braves dropped the cream Sunday alternates and were possibly going to consider making these '74 pullover throwbacks part of the rotation -- as so many fans have wished for over the years.

The only thing that is interesting about the Rockies saying they are "making room" for their City Connect is that other teams like Arizona have a bunch of regular rotation jerseys + the city connect, so I think that's more PR spin and stuff that comes on a team-by-team basis rather than something mandated by Major League Baseball.

Either way, I am kind of sad the Braves' alternates have been scrapped. They were not only my favorite, but a good template for if they ever wanted to move away from the Native American iconography (dropping the tomahawk logos) and possibly just rolling with the cream jerseys as a new template while replacing the sleeve logo (not many people like the roundel/tomahawks logo anyway) with something else.

Anyone have any insight on this? I figure it's possible I've missed something. 

3 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Interesting that the Rockies had to drop an alternate to make room for their City Connect,

I literally just logged in and came here b/c I noticed that the Braves' cream alternates are no longer being sold, have not been worn, and are absent from MLB The Show 22 (the Show isn't perfect with uniforms but are usually pretty on point). 

I was wondering if it's possible the Braves dropped the cream Sunday alternates and were possibly going to consider making these '74 pullover throwbacks part of the rotation -- as so many fans have wished for over the years.

The only thing that is interesting about the Rockies saying they are "making room" for their City Connect is that other teams like Arizona have a bunch of regular rotation jerseys + the city connect, so I think that's more PR spin and stuff that comes on a team-by-team basis rather than something mandated by Major League Baseball.

Either way, I am kind of sad the Braves' alternates have been scrapped. They were not only my favorite, but a good template for if they ever wanted to move away from the Native American iconography (dropping the tomahawk logos) and possibly just rolling with the cream jerseys as a new template while replacing the sleeve logo (not many people like the roundel/tomahawks logo anyway) with something else.

Anyone have any insight on this? I figure it's possible I've missed something. 

Wish I had info on that, but I’m noticing the same for the Twins home alternate blue. It was a meh response when it released in 2019. Assuming it will be made way for the connect uniforms.

I only see a couple player jerseys for that alternate, everything else is out of stock while there is plenty in stock for every other jersey they have.

https://images.app.goo.gl/vnbDxXc7vCjvD3KR8

12 hours ago, tBBP said:

Not that we need any more double-blue teams in pro sports, but...is there a good reason why the Brewers couldn't make that their primary colorway??

As long as it included gold, I don't see why not. They existed for a whole decade and a half before they even wore gray. 

I've said it several times before. The Brewers and Royals are the teams that belong in powder blue. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, the admiral said:

Phoenix Serpientes, Serps for short, would have been great from the outset. The only problem is that it may have pissed off Anglo Arizonans, but you know what, fine.

As an Anglo Arizonan (originally from the Midwest but I've spent my entire short adult life here), not enough people care about the D-Backs. If anything a Spanish name would have probably made Anglo Arizonans more likely to keep following the team for the faux-thentic Mexican culture that all the suburban Scottsdale moms that took 10th grade Spanish seem to love more than their kids. And it might have actually won over more Hispanic fans instead of the community being split almost 55/45 in favor of the Dodgers. I can't wait for this team to move to Vegas so we can get a team with a better name down here. 2001 is a literal lifetime away for people like me, and the amount of people my age wearing D-Backs stuff is outweighed by people that wear Cubs/Dodgers/Whitesox/Angels/Twins/Brewers ect. Unless the D-Backs turn it around, they're dead in their own market

• Like 2

On 5/2/2022 at 10:15 AM, Lights Out said:

I think BFBS adds a lot to the Mets' identity purely as an alternate look. It really captures that "NYC at night" feeling. Where the Mets went wrong the first time around was cramming black trim into their regular home and road jerseys, where it added nothing and only detracted from the bold color scheme and classic design. It looked particularly bad on the white and pinstripe jerseys because the drop shadows actually hurt the legibility of the script and the NOBs. They aren't repeating that mistake this time around, so it's not a problem, IMO.

I never bought into the whole gimmick that "we must have black in our color scheme because our city has nightlife." It doesn't work for the Marlins. It doesn't work for the Mets.

As others have said, the Mets had a great brand identity for decades before the introduction of black ruined it.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, GhostOfNormMacdonald said:

As an Anglo Arizonan (originally from the Midwest but I've spent my entire short adult life here), not enough people care about the D-Backs. If anything a Spanish name would have probably made Anglo Arizonans more likely to keep following the team for the faux-thentic Mexican culture that all the suburban Scottsdale moms that took 10th grade Spanish seem to love more than their kids. And it might have actually won over more Hispanic fans instead of the community being split almost 55/45 in favor of the Dodgers. I can't wait for this team to move to Vegas so we can get a team with a better name down here. 2001 is a literal lifetime away for people like me, and the amount of people my age wearing D-Backs stuff is outweighed by people that wear Cubs/Dodgers/Whitesox/Angels/Twins/Brewers ect. Unless the D-Backs turn it around, they're dead in their own market

I feel your pain, but it's very wishful thinking to assume, in the event the D-Backs move, that you'll be anywhere near the top of the list for another team. Gary "Saguaro" Bettman isn't the commissioner of MLB, Rob freaking Manfred is.