MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

On 5/2/2022 at 3:29 AM, Marlins93 said:

I never liked the Mets BFBS look and I am annoyed that they brought it back. Having said that, their black jerseys look much better with the blue piping.

The blue piping is what makes that jersey look like a baseball jersey, without it , it looks like a t-shirt!

strange thing is, the white sox also have a black jersey, but that one i think looks great, and there is no piping on that.......

how can that be?

anyone else feel the same?

17 hours ago, the admiral said:

The Mets don't look great in colored jerseys for whatever reason. They need to stick to white (pinstripes) or grey. Maybe it's a Serious New York Team thing.

Colored tops with pinstripes have always been a major pet peeve of mine.

• Dislike 1

7 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

But my ideal Mets uniform would a return to the '86 Mets look, but adapted to the modernized button-down style like Minnesota and Texas have done recently with updates to their old pullover-style jerseys. 

So their 1992-93 jersey?

N85OwR1.jpg

• Like 6

XM4KeeA.png

37 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

The "Brew Crew" font is fantastic.

The black and blue is questionable

I'm guessing that's just a fashion cap, so I really hope they don't shoehorn black into the on field look.

• Like 2

I don’t see black. The sticker says “Ciel Bleu” (sky blue) and “Blue Marin” (navy blue). Embroidery in the front is clearly navy. Seems like an homage to the people’s flag.

The hidden 44 is a nice tribute to Hank. 

• Like 11

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

I don’t see black. The sticker says “Ciel Bleu” (sky blue) and “Blue Marin” (navy blue). Embroidery in the front is clearly navy. Seems like an homage to the people’s flag.

The hidden 44 is a nice tribute to Hank. 

That's a 4-1-4, not 44. Milwaukee's area code. It was Green Bay's too, when I grew up there.

• Like 7

It's where I sit.

15 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

That's a 4-1-4, not 44. Milwaukee's area code. It was Green Bay's too, when I grew up there.

Ahh yeah that makes more sense…good call

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Assuming this is the on-field cap (minus the BiG side patch) it's pretty underwhelming.  With the way Nike has decided to go with some of the previous city connect installments, this one seems a bit lazy. Yes, the 414 connects with the city, but not any more than any other city and their unique area code would. As a local fan, I think that Nike missed out on a plethora of local options that are tied closer to the community than an area code. The under-brim script looks very promising though, and I think the jersey can make up for a lackluster cap

As the literal target audience for this, I'm giving it a thumbs up so far.

Yes, all cities have area codes, but it actually means something to have a 414 number in Milwaukee. To where the last time I had to switch numbers well over a decade ago, I demanded another 414 number. 

In fact, the culture of SE Wisconsin can pretty much be defined in terms of 414 vs 262. Which makes me a little surprised they went that route. Since most of their season ticket holders are from the 262.

Also, I think the Brewers kinda have a history of hiding things in their cap logo. 

• Like 4

I don’t think the on-field cap is likely to have the side patch or under visor design. If you look up the other City Connect ‘47 Captain hats, they all have an alternate logo side patch (other than the Astros, whose on field cap has a site patch) and an under visor design based on the jersey. 

https://www.47brand.com/search?q=CITY CONNECT '47 CAPTAIN

8 hours ago, NicDB said:

As the literal target audience for this, I'm giving it a thumbs up so far.

Yes, all cities have area codes, but it actually means something to have a 414 number in Milwaukee. To where the last time I had to switch numbers well over a decade ago, I demanded another 414 number. 

In fact, the culture of SE Wisconsin can pretty much be defined in terms of 414 vs 262. Which makes me a little surprised they went that route. Since most of their season ticket holders are from the 262.

Also, I think the Brewers kinda have a history of hiding things in their cap logo. 

Yeah but what do you know about my 920 area code... moved to Texas 8 years ago and I refuse to give it up haha.

Signature%206_15_zpsatsyjbrv.png

1 hour ago, sconbon said:

Yeah but what do you know about my 920 area code... moved to Texas 8 years ago and I refuse to give it up haha.

My mom grew up in Manitowoc County. I remember her being annoyed at having to dial 10 digits rather than 7 to talk to her siblings haha.

But 920 and 865 (Knoxville) are probably my favorite non-traditional area codes (the middle digit is always 1 or 0 in traditional codes). 920 because it was chosen in honor of my favorite football player of all time, and 865 because it actually spells VOL on the keypad. Which also happens to be where Reggie White played college ball.

• Like 2