MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

Watching Austin vs LAFC right now. No reason for Austin to be in all white. They should have been allowed an alternate third pair of green shorts and socks. Their shade of green would not clash with LAFC's black in any way.  W/G/W OR W/W/G against all black would have been very visually pleasing. Even W/G/G wouldn't look too bad against LAFC.

IIRC, didn't Cincinnati wear a third pair of orange shorts and socks their first year in MLS? I believe they did. Austin not having a third option makes no sense given that precedent.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn’t be surprised if they do have green alternate options for shorts and socks... if memory serves, FCC did have those orange but also never announced it before the season, and then proceeded to wear them kinda arbitrarily. So there’s precedent I guess.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

spacer.png

I watched this game for a little bit and it sucked. They kept cutting to closeups of Chicago players and I thought “huh, hadn’t heard of that guy signing for the Revs.” And then the Revs arbitrarily wearing Chicago-flag blue socks really sealed the sense of everything being swapped. Just layers of decisions that I can’t believe were enthusiastically approved. 

1 minute ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Cincinnati looks amazing. That's a really great shirt.

I still don’t like them choosing to emphasize navy over royal, but in a vacuum it is a really nice kit. I love the alternating pinstripes.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I think as overused as navy is, it just works nicely with that orange and even the double blue effect has grown on me. So yeah, they’re great. 

Speaking of navy and orange: hate that the NYCFC kit gave up on that scheme this time around, which did a lot of lifting to make them look like their own team. The extra white trim is too minor league Man City for me.

Now that opening weekend has come and gone, I’d say these were the best looking matchups:

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

Refreshing to see these matchups with both teams in non-mono kit combos, and all three had great contrast between light and dark. The new kits for NYCFC, Colorado, Vancouver, and Portland all looked really great in action, too. 

SKC/NYRB was a pretty nice matchup, too, but the contrast was lacking a little bit with both teams in lighter colors. SKC’s new kit could also benefit greatly from having navy shorts, but still a pretty good look overall and one that actually looks like SKC again:

spacer.png

Finally, I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention the Galaxy, who debuted their new secondary against Miami:

I loved this kit when it was unveiled, and after seeing it action I think I actually love it even more. It looked absolutely fantastic in the late afternoon Miami sun, and it’s just a banger of a kit overall. I think the teal socks really make it for me, as it needs that extra bit of teal to complete the look. The kit could maybe use a little more gold, and the solid black shirt back is unfortunate, but those are both pretty minor complaints.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

19 hours ago, WBeltz said:

Miami in all-white vs LA Galaxy. Really not my cup of tea. Even if they write their off-pink shirts it would look loads better.

Honestly, I watched a lot of that game and couldn't tell whether they were wearing white or light pink. 

On 4/18/2021 at 11:05 AM, Digby said:

I think as overused as navy is, it just works nicely with that orange and even the double blue effect has grown on me. So yeah, they’re great. 

Speaking of navy and orange: hate that the NYCFC kit gave up on that scheme this time around, which did a lot of lifting to make them look like their own team. The extra white trim is too minor league Man City for me.

They're actually wearing the same shirt that the rival of their parent club will wear this coming season. That's got to be annoying as well. 

Manchester United 2021-22 home, away & third kits revealed - The Busby Babe

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Here are the kit matchups for Week 2, starting with tonight’s game between SKC and Orlando:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Of note:

- San Jose, Minnesota, DCU, Chicago (secondary), and Miami are all debuting their new kits.

- Minnesota, Philadelphia, and LAG are all wearing their secondaries at home.

- Dallas is wearing white clash shorts and socks at San Jose. Will be interesting to see if they’re just the white shorts and socks from their now-old secondaries, or if they’re different from those.

- Portland going with the white “alternate” shorts for their new primary kit for the second game in a row. Will be interesting to see if those end up being worn more than or equal to the green shorts this year.

- NYRB going with white clash shorts for their new primaries. We hadn’t yet seen them, but it was expected that they’d be an option.

- Finally, the most exciting thing is that Philly is debuting yellow shorts for their secondaries! I’ve speculated before about the possibility of yellow shorts, and now it seems that they are in fact an option! Really looking forward to seeing them on the field.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

If the Sounders play NYCFC, and both wear primaries, what do the refs wear?

I’m guessing one of the two teams will have to wear their alternate.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

3 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

If the Sounders play NYCFC, and both wear primaries, what do the refs wear?

I’m guessing one of the two teams will have to wear their alternate.

There’s a navy ref kit that could be worn in a case like that:

spacer.png

There really should be a yellow or red option, though.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Couple Cincy players wearing the wrong socks again:

spacer.png

They got blasted 5-0. That'll show them.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived