MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know who else looks great? Miami.

It's miles better than the dirty white/kinda pink home set.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Really liked how San Jose/Dallas looked yesterday. San Jose’s new kit looked great, and I enjoyed Dallas’ (one-off?) red/white/white combo more than I thought I would:

spacer.png

spacer.png

After seeing Dallas’ white shorts and socks, I actually think they’re meant to be the clash shorts and socks for their new secondary kit. They unveiled that kit with navy shorts and socks, but these white shorts and socks are likely the alternate choice to give them a lighter option. They have navy adidas stripes and red logos, just like the new secondary shirt:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The SKC kit looked great in action Friday, and at least for that game I think light blue shorts looked better than navy would've. Navy should be the primary, but light blue should be an option when the other team has dark shorts.

As for Orlando, I like this shirt better than the 2019-2020 one, but it still doesn't come close to 2017-2018. I don't know if we'll ever get another one that good.

ExJworW.png

22 hours ago, Digby said:

Feels like this will be the year that MLS goes full NBA on “what is a primary kit, anyway”. If they weren’t there already.

Yep, I can definitely see that happening this year. Normally I wouldn’t condone it, but IMO teams like Miami and Philly would benefit greatly by just wearing their new secondaries as much as possible this year:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

For Philly, their new secondary has all of the color and character that their current primary lacks. Unless/until they bring back the gold center stripe on their primaries, they should just embrace this kit and the flag color scheme.

For Miami, the shade of pink is still too pale but at least it’s a little more discernible against the black. I’d much rather see them wear this kit as much as possible this year, with the hope that their new primary next year has a more prominent shade and incorporation of pink.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I remember when Cincinnati's new navy blue kits were released somebody here mentioned they would have been a good secondary set for NYCFC. After seeing them in action, I agree wholeheartedly.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

I remember when Cincinnati's new navy blue kits were released somebody here mentioned they would have been a good secondary set for NYCFC. After seeing them in action, I agree wholeheartedly.

Felt that way watching them at Yankee Stadium.  I suspect we’re due for a navy/orange clash kit again soon. 

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

Yep:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Here are the Week 3 kit matchups:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

A couple notes:

- Columbus, LAFC, Dallas, and Seattle are all debuting their new secondaries, with Dallas and Seattle doing so at home.

- Minnesota going with their new light blue secondaries at home for the second week in a row.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

29 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

- Minnesota going with their new light blue secondaries at home for the second week in a row.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611c6da21f1d1000bd21b

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

19 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Honestly surprised Austin isn't going black with Minnesota going blue. Both teams going with their light colored uniforms seems an odd choice.

I’m guessing the league thought that Austin’s primary kit would clash with both the navy and green ref kits. I can definitely see the potential issue with Austin in primarily black and the refs in navy, and I suppose the kelly green on the front of Austin’s shirt is little too close to the green of the ref kits:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The same issue will likely come up when Austin plays Seattle this year. I doubt the league will allow them to wear their primaries against Seattle’s green.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

25 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I’m guessing the league thought that Austin’s primary kit would clash with both the navy and green ref kits. I can definitely see the potential issue with Austin in primarily black and the refs in navy, and I suppose the kelly green on the front of Austin’s shirt is little too close to the green of the ref kits:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The same issue will likely come up when Austin plays Seattle this year. I doubt the league will allow them to wear their primaries against Seattle’s green.

This is why teams need to wear third kits, adidas! MLS needs to tell adidas that everyone that needs a third kit should get one instead of fearing that not enough people will buy them. They also should have had the stripe pattern on the front of the Austin kit on the back of it as well. Or at least a green back instead of black. Same for Portland, use the lighter green for the back of the shirt. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

41 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

This is why teams need to wear third kits, adidas! MLS needs to tell adidas that everyone that needs a third kit should get one instead of fearing that not enough people will buy them. They also should have had the stripe pattern on the front of the Austin kit on the back of it as well. Or at least a green back instead of black. Same for Portland, use the lighter green for the back of the shirt. 

Ideally Austin would have the stripes continue onto the back of their shirt, and the Timbers would have the halves continue onto the back of theirs, but the league mandates the solid backs or that the design only occupies the very bottom of the back of the shirt (Vancouver’s now-old primary being the lone exception recently). A solid green back for Austin and the lighter green back for Portland would’ve been preferable than what they went with, though. I’m suspecting that the Timbers went with the darker green back so that they can wear it at home against Seattle’s light green. Not that I necessarily want to see them try another green vs. green matchup, but I do think it could be a little less terrible than the last time they tried it since the Timbers have the darker green shirt back and would almost certainly wear the white shorts. We’ll find out when the Timbers host Seattle next weekend, but I’d be shocked if the Timbers didn’t wear their primaries. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

31 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

refs also need yellow uniforms too

Choosing the ref colors from the same color family -- that happens to basically match one of the league's premier franchises -- is incredibly dumb. They need to add a yellow or red shirt to the rotation.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I kinda get the feeling Austin is trying to save their stripes to open the home stadium, even if it means a light vs light kit matchup.

if I was a ref I feel like I’d have a bigger problem with that Dallas/Portland socks clash.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

9 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Choosing the ref colors from the same color family -- that happens to basically match one of the league's premier franchises -- is incredibly dumb. They need to add a yellow or red shirt to the rotation.

There absolutely should be a yellow or red option for the refs, but that doesn’t solve everything. IMO there should never be a case where the home team has to change from their primaries because their opponent doesn’t have a kit that provides sufficient contrast, but that’ll likely be the case when Austin hosts Seattle and could be (but I’m suspecting it won’t be) the case when Portland hosts Seattle this year as well. Third kits should be allowed. I also happen to think Seattle’s primary should be classified as a dark kit and their secondaries should be light, but it wouldn’t matter if third kits were available.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived