Up to date IIHF Jerseys

kiwi_canadian

Well, I was hoping for an illustrated version like the images @kiwi_canadian posted. I'm trying to create a raster version of the template to use.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I've been getting them from the IIHF website... Speaking of which, the recently promoted France has their jerseys up. As they were a recent call up (along with Austria) to replace Russia and Belarus, they didn't have time to get a new design in the new template so they are using the Tackla one from last year's Division 1A tournament. A bit underwhelming in my opinion...

fra_home.png

fra_away.png 

On 5/12/2022 at 10:49 AM, spartacat_12 said:

USA has kept the jersey template from the Olympics, but have put the federation logo on the front. It's a much better look:

spacer.png

As is the usual after an Olympics

• Like 1

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

• 3 weeks later...
On 2022-05-13 at 2:10 AM, M4One said:

spacer.png

Maybe they should have made the back numbers red, then the stripes might not be visible through the numbers.

So, they're using SKRC. so that white layer allows it to be seethrough, as it's the only layer for most of the number.

If they used stack, you wouldnt be able to see the stripes because there would be a red layer below a blue layer below the white.

• Like 1

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

USA has tweaked their uniforms. Instead of white numbers on the back of the white jersey they've gone with red instead.

Old:

spacer.png

New:

spacer.png

I'm assuming this was done to help legibility, but the red stands out a little too much considering how minimally it's used on the rest of the uniform.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

USA has tweaked their uniforms. Instead of white numbers on the back of the white jersey they've gone with red instead.

Old:

spacer.png

New:

spacer.png

I'm assuming this was done to help legibility, but the red stands out a little too much considering how minimally it's used on the rest of the uniform.

That's a big improvement. If you have to have that wraparound striping it has to be red to work. Maybe get rid of the blue trim on the numbers too. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 12/29/2022 at 9:13 AM, MJWalker45 said:

That's a big improvement. If you have to have that wraparound striping it has to be red to work. Maybe get rid of the blue trim on the numbers too. 

Maybe make all the numbers red. IT bothers me for some reason. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, steve61 said:

Is that a maple leaf at the bottom of the crest?

Yes. If I recall what they said when the federation logo was first introduced, it went something along the lines of the  fire at the bottom is a connection to volcanic activity that is constant in Iceland and its in the shape of a maple leaf because of the connection to Canada that Iceland has with hockey. Fun fact, the first Olympic gold medal for hockey was won by the Winnipeg Falcons, a team made up of Icelandic Canadians. Here's the Heritage Moment where Jared Keeso of Letterkenny fame plays the coach.

Heritage Moment: Winnipeg Falcons

51 minutes ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Yes. If I recall what they said when the federation logo was first introduced, it went something along the lines of the  fire at the bottom is a connection to volcanic activity that is constant in Iceland and its in the shape of a maple leaf because of the connection to Canada that Iceland has with hockey. Fun fact, the first Olympic gold medal for hockey was won by the Winnipeg Falcons, a team made up of Icelandic Canadians. Here's the Heritage Moment where Jared Keeso of Letterkenny fame plays the coach.

Heritage Moment: Winnipeg Falcons

Very cool! Thanks.  I was aware of the Falcons but had no idea about the Icelandic connection.  

zzPEfBm.png

• 1 month later...

Luxembourg have updated their jerseys to align more with the new Nike template: (The old ones used to have a lot of flames on it)

lux_home.png

lux_away.png

The New Zealand Ice Blacks/Ferns also slightly updated their jerseys. They've gone for a more simple look with just arm stripping now,  got rid of the black shoulders on the white jersey, dropped the federation logo patch on the upper part of the jersey and added the New Zealand flag on the left arm.

nzl_home.pngnzl_away.png

New Dutch jerseys:

ned_home.pngned_away.png

Australia:

aus_home.pngaus_away.png

Bosnia & Herzegovina using the previous Nike template:

bih_home.pngbih_away.png

Bulgaria:

bul_home.png

bul_away.png

Croatia:

cro_home.pngcro_away.png

Estonia:

est_home.pngest_away.png

Iceland:

isl_home.pngisl_away.png

Italy:

ita_home.png

ita_away.png

Kyrgyzstan:

kgz_home.pngkgz_away.png

2 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Ukraine:

ukr_home.pngukr_away.png

Edited by NorthStar74
see below for reply to this...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

are you kidding me?? Why would Ukraine change that crest logo?? too weird now... I'm Ukrainian by heritage so this new change is something to get used to....

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season