Up to date IIHF Jerseys

kiwi_canadian

I'll be quite honest with you all. Nike doesn't do traditions as much often as, say, Adidas or CCM. They're experts in making bolder, modern designs that would be better fit in Stadium Series than just a regular old-timey jersey. Maybe once in a while, Nike can go back to basics with a simple pattern a la what Sweden has to offer now. For most of the time, however, all what Nike does is create balls-to-the-walls sweaters that don't necessarily fit within the traditions of hockey jerseys (e.g. their 2018 geometric eagle feathers jersey).

Because unless you're someone like China or any modern-day hockey national team, Olympic jerseys will always be weird and ugly no matter how Nike can put out on. They're not EXPERTS at traditions, and they learn very little about it.

Now, if I can say this to people who :censored: about Adidas' design choices...

Took me a while, but I finally noticed the random red stripes on the black jersey under the armpit.  Let's take them off the hem and just stick them there.  Why not?  

And, this goes for all countries, but I really wish the numbers were taken off the shoulders and placed down in their normal spot.  I know this has been happening for 15-20 years now, but it still bugs me.  

I say that international jerseys have been downhill since 2002, with 2010 Olympics being the lone exception.

• Like 1

On a side note with these, EA Sports and the IIHF signed an agreement and now all the national teams that are on NHL22 have the licensed federation jerseys. They will also have the World Junior tournament on there as well as the men's and women's world championship teams on there as well.

I think it would be cool if they included the Olympic jerseys on there as alternates but the IOC may have an issue with that.

• Like 1

I doubt it. The IOC delegates the tournaments to the sports' respective bodies and teams where the same jersey designs at the various tournaments between the Olympics.  The only difference is the federation logo will be on the non-Olympic jerseys. 

I'm excited about the women's national teams being added to NHL 22 but I wonder if it will be all IIHF teams. Will I actually be able to play as Mexico, North Korea, or New Zealand?

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

25 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I doubt it. The IOC delegates the tournaments to the sports' respective bodies and teams where the same jersey designs at the various tournaments between the Olympics.  The only difference is the federation logo will be on the non-Olympic jerseys. 

I'm excited about the women's national teams being added to NHL 22 but I wonder if it will be all IIHF teams. Will I actually be able to play as Mexico, North Korea, or New Zealand?

Unfortuneately no. It's only the IIHF teams that were already on the game that have the updated jerseys. I would LOVE to see that in the NHL series but I think that would end up being quite the task with all of that... I do remember though way back in 2007 I had NHL08 for PC and I ended up downloading a bunch of addons that replaced a bunch of the AHL teams with all of the IIHF nations with correct jerseys at the time as well as up to date rosters. It was cool as well because I played with a few of the New Zealand Ice Blacks when I lived down there and it was funny seeing their names in the game.

3 hours ago, GT Designs said:

Nike owns Bauer 

What is this, 2007?

https://news.nike.com/news/nike-completes-sale-of-bauer-hockey

They still own a few trademarks but there's absolutely no way Nike was involved in the design of those gloves

And I'm actually not even sure it was Bauer who decided to put the flag on the gloves, every other brand (CCM, Reebok, Eagle, Easton, Warrior etc) does it so it leads me think that it was maybe at the request of the IIHF or the teams themselves. They even make sticks with flags and country colours on them! Either way, not a Nike design element

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

22 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

An interesting read from a few years ago about the IIHF's uniform agreement with Tackla. Who knew that certain sizes came with certain numbers. Anyways, here's the link for it.

IIHF Uniform Program Guidelines

That's interesting. It also explains why you don't see many 91s, 88s, 77s, etc. at the lower levels. I always figured each country ordered jerseys and just put whoever fit in whatever jerseys but I hadn't considered it was set by the IIHF's agreement with Tackla.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football