Up to date IIHF Jerseys

kiwi_canadian

The IIHF has released their 2020/2021 Season Summery magazine and on pages 30 & 31 have all the members up to date jerseys. Of course their are the top nations who all have the typical Nike templates and there are some other countries that are pretty cool as well. I think its always interesting to see how non traditional ice hockey countries dress their teams.

2020/2021 IIHF Season Summery

• Like 1

On the positive side, Australia, Ireland, Jamaica, and New Zealand all look fly as hell.

As awful as the USA and all the other countries using their stupid eagle-wing pattern look, they've got nothing on Luxembourg.

lux_away.png?width=675

lux_home.png?width=675

Those are just terrible.

On 10/5/2021 at 2:40 PM, MJWalker45 said:

At least they'll get a new one next year for the Olympics. 

Jersey | USA Hockey ShopJersey | USA Hockey Shop

You know damn well Nike will give us something at the very least equally bad if not worse. Olympic jerseys have gone downhill every time for the last few games. 2010 is the best we've looked in decades at the Olympics and it's not even close. Stick to those and call it a day.

I want a Kendall Coyne jersey with the C and I'm just hoping this next set isn't trash.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

On 10/5/2021 at 8:40 PM, MJWalker45 said:

At least they'll get a new one next year for the Olympics. 

Jersey | USA Hockey Shop

Funny thing is that I'm was searching for something in google and I found this photo from 2011:

2011-11-13-17-25-36.jpg

It's Toros Neftekamsk from Russian VHL but their uniform is that what matter on this photo because design is pretty much similar to 2018 Nike Olympics jerseys and it was 7 years earlier before Peyongchang  so at least 5 years (I guess) before nike designed them.

4r2eer.png

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

You know damn well Nike will give us something at the very least equally bad if not worse. Olympic jerseys have gone downhill every time for the last few games. 2010 is the best we've looked in decades at the Olympics and it's not even close. Stick to those and call it a day.

I want a Kendall Coyne jersey with the C and I'm just hoping this next set isn't trash.

It'll be two trash unis and a third shirt they can't wear that's a faux back. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like we may have a sneak peek at Canada's jersey for the upcoming Olympics:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVV0fPehr5P/

I don't hate the design of the maple leaf, but this is way too much black. In my perfect world the Canadian hockey teams would never wear black at all, but if they feel the need to include it, it should be nothing more than a tertiary colour. The recent 'Heritage' jerseys they used & the WCH set from a few years ago were close to ideal.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

It looks like we may have a sneak peek at Canada's jersey for the upcoming Olympics:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVV0fPehr5P/

I don't hate the design of the maple leaf, but this is way too much black. In my perfect world the Canadian hockey teams would never wear black at all, but if they feel the need to include it, it should be nothing more than a tertiary colour. The recent 'Heritage' jerseys they used & the WCH set from a few years ago were close to ideal.

Canadian Olympic teams are obsessed with black.  Even the Canadian Olympic Committee's most recent website and social media page updates this summer are dominated by black.  It's trend that I unfortunately don't see changing anytime soon.   That said, I do like the style of the new leaf logo if this is in fact a leak.  

• Like 2

zzPEfBm.png

Got positively surprised with some uniforms. Mongolia has a solid set and I liked how Qatar applied the flag on their jerseys. Otherwise than that, I can't be the only that can't deal with all of that teams with both nation name and logo in the front? Slovenia itself would be 6 out of 5 if the name weren't there.

• 3 weeks later...

The collar looks similar to the adidas one. Hopefully there’s not too many toilet bowl collars. But other than the odd navy honeycomb pattern in the stripes, these are pretty fantastic. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10