Up to date IIHF Jerseys

kiwi_canadian

On 12/22/2021 at 8:10 AM, Giantsgustav said:

More pictures of the USA Jerseys

Shai_Buium_enters_ice_square.jpg 

Shai_Buium_news.jpg 

So the US is a blue lids team now? They were a white lid team for as long as I recall. Or did IIHF finally get rid of their stupid one helmet rule. Now they just need red breezers.

• Like 1

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

2 hours ago, Mingjai said:

So the US is a blue lids team now? They were a white lid team for as long as I recall. Or did IIHF finally get rid of their stupid one helmet rule. Now they just need red breezers.

I think they're wearing blue helmets full time. I also prefer the blue pants because it helps keep it different from the rangers. 

1 hour ago, dannykraft said:

I think they're wearing blue helmets full time. I also prefer the blue pants because it helps keep it different from the rangers. 

I recall one reason why the USA only had white helmets was because they were having issues with the helmet manufacturers matching the right colour of blue with their jerseys. It was either too dark or too light. They could never get it right. I'd love the US to keep this set full time. It would be a nice look and brighter on the ice compared to the dark navy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Why isn’t the Olympic sweater the same as

the WJC for team USA??

I think for two reasons.

1. Starting in 2010, countries were no longer allowed to use federation logos on the front of their jerseys when participating in the Olympics.

2. I think that the Olympics are when Nike shows off their new templates for their next cycle of jerseys for the top divisions in the World Champs (mens, womens and mens U20). We saw this with the last batch of Nike jerseys that were debuted at the 2018 Olympics and pretty much every team in the  World Champs went with that template that year up until now.

21 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

I think for two reasons.

1. Starting in 2010, countries were no longer allowed to use federation logos on the front of their jerseys when participating in the Olympics.

2. I think that the Olympics are when Nike shows off their new templates for their next cycle of jerseys for the top divisions in the World Champs (mens, womens and mens U20). We saw this with the last batch of Nike jerseys that were debuted at the 2018 Olympics and pretty much every team in the  World Champs went with that template that year up until now.

The no federations logo rule dates back to 2008 (though it wouldn't have affected hockey until 2010). As I recall, it was sprung on teams shortly before the 2008 games, which is why we saw crap like this:

GettyImages-82284181.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

On 12/29/2021 at 4:24 PM, kiwi_canadian said:

I think for two reasons.

That's not really at play here. That would mean the USA Hockey logo is on the crest of the U20 jerseys but it's not. The U18 and U17 teams sometimes wear the Olympic jerseys with the USAH crest, sometimes they use the U20 template. 

I think it's just USA Hockey having different designs for different levels. The World Junior A Championship teams wear totally different designs. The U18 team will actually wear those at the Hlinka Gretzky tournament. 

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

On 12/22/2021 at 7:10 AM, Giantsgustav said:

More pictures of the USA Jerseys

Shai_Buium_enters_ice_square.jpg 

Shai_Buium_news.jpg 

The fact that these are not the set being used for the Olympics is crazy. I would update it with a shade of navy though, to add a bit more distinctiveness because, as others have said, it does look similar to the Rangers.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

On 12/10/2021 at 11:36 AM, kiwi_canadian said:

On a side note with these, EA Sports and the IIHF signed an agreement and now all the national teams that are on NHL22 have the licensed federation jerseys. They will also have the World Junior tournament on there as well as the men's and women's world championship teams on there as well.

I think it would be cool if they included the Olympic jerseys on there as alternates but the IOC may have an issue with that.

With the most recent roster update on NHL22, EA Sports has added 3 more international teams. Hungary, South Korea and Slovenia have been added to the game. Hungary is the only one without the updated jerseys. They are using their Nike ones from when they were last in the top division... On another side note, just looked at the IIHF website and Hungary is using the new Nike template.

hun-home.png

hun-away.png

So there are tons of new Nike jerseys now...

Austria:

aut-home.pngaut-away.png

Belarus:

blr-home.png

blr-away.png

Czechia:

cze-home.png

cze-away.png

Denmark:

den-home.png

den-away.png

Finland:

fin-home.png

fin-away.png

Germany:

ger-home.png

ger-away.png

Great Britain:

gbr-home.png

gbr-away.png

Italy:

ita-home.png

ita-away.png

Japan:

jpn-home.png

jpn-away.png

Kazakhstan:

kaz-home.png

kaz-away.png

Latvia:

lat-home.png

lat-away.png

Norway:

nor-home.png

nor-away.png

Russia:

rus-home.png

rus-away.png

Slovakia:

svk-home.png

svk-away.png

Sweden:

swe-home.png

swe-away.png

Switzerland:

sui-home.png

sui-away.png

USA:

usa-home.pngusa-away.png

Canada has kept their current (non Olympic) jerseys, just swapped in the new collar.

Some of these are really nice. Big fan of the British, Italians, Norway, Denmark, and Hungary's white jerseys.

• 1 month later...

I have a question, why is the positioning of the Nike logo different on the Olympic jerseys than on the World Championship jerseys? On the Olympic jersey, the Nike logo is below the shoulder stitching while on the World Champ jersey, it is above the shoulder stitching.

Here's an example:

FINLAND-2022-OLYMPIC-HOCKEY-UNIFORMS-JER

fin-home.png

Curious if the 2022 Winter Olympic hockey jerseys will be shown before the games starts? Eager to see how the jerseys looks for all for both men and women's hockey games...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season