Up to date IIHF Jerseys

kiwi_canadian

I hadn't noticed that the white jerseys for USA used white numbers on the back. It's pretty annoying but makes sense with the stripes across the middle of the jersey going all the way around. They could have been made red though. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 12/27/2021 at 1:38 PM, dannykraft said:

I think they're wearing blue helmets full time. I also prefer the blue pants because it helps keep it different from the rangers. 

Ladies are wearing white today. Is it possible they brought two helmets this year?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Ladies are wearing white today. Is it possible they brought two helmets this year?

I doubt it, the US NTDP were using royal helmets so I assume they decided to use for world juniors as well. With Navy uniforms the US will probably stick to white. 

Olympic competition has kicked off, and Canada's women's team wore the black alternates first. Gotta say, these are hard to watch on television. It doesn't even really look like Canada. At the very least, its begging for more white. Don't even get me started on the black crest on the black background.

Sarah Fillier breaks out as Canada routs Switzerland in first game of 2022  Winter Olympics

Canada crushes Switzerland in Olympic women's hockey opener

• Like 2

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Strangest thing we've seen so far, USA wins 5-1. But replay shows a Finland goal should have counted and the teams were brought out with 2:26 left and a new score of 5-2. Apparently the puck hit the camera but didn't get counted on the ice. 

• WOAH 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

13 hours ago, waltere said:

The sweaters might be fairly bland, but those goalie pads absolutely kick ass!

I think, relatively speaking, China's sweaters are some of the best of this Olympic bunch. The subtle pattern in the chest stripe is a cool detail.

Now, if Nike would stop using the same exact font for every team every Olympics, that would be a step in the right direction. I'm not looking for every team to have a custom font, but opening up 2, 3, or 4 options would really help, for both summer and winter purposes.

• Like 2
  • WOAH 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Looking at the USA's road unis, they needed to add white somewhere in the uniform so that it stands out. The only white is the numbers and the helmets and it's just not a good look.  Watching video of the uniforms from their World Juniors set, they should have just gone with something like that instead. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Developmental Cup was recently held with a bunch of up and coming hockey nations like Liechtenstein, Ireland, Algeria, Columbia, Andorra and Portugal. Ireland has got a new federation logo as well as new jerseys. Gone are the harp and orange from the jersey and in comes a very green set and a clover.

3gieLhoB_400x400.jpg

FSMGJqMXsAAZtTE?format=jpg&name=medium

FOX8aKvXEAci5_6?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

USA has kept the jersey template from the Olympics, but have put the federation logo on the front. It's a much better look:

spacer.png

I'd prefer they not do the wrapround band on the white jersey and make the numbers blue. I'd also like the Olympics to dump that dumb rule about federation logos because the placeholder we got for the Olympics was horrible. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

@kiwi_canadian, is there a rear view of that template?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)