USFL 2023 - Uniforms and Logos

sky1324

1 hour ago, IceCap said:

I'd rather they start small and try to grow first. 

I think, if things go well, they will. I agree with something someone said before (not sure if it was from this thread or another): part of the fun in watching these spring leagues is seeing if and how they succeed.

• Like 1

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

7 hours ago, IceCap said:

I'd rather they start small and try to grow first. 

They are starting small by just having teams from the East Coast and Central.

Surely one of the teams with an already accomplished NFL side could of been, Oakland or Portland or San Diego etc.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to believe that those are placeholder uniforms used only for the commercial rather than the real deal. For all of the effort they've put into updating the old USFL brands and promoting this league during NFL playoffs, I'll be really surprised if they end up skimping on the uniforms. 

2 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I'd like to believe that those are placeholder uniforms used only for the commercial rather than the real deal. For all of the effort they've put into updating the old USFL brands and promoting this league during NFL playoffs, I'll be really surprised if they end up skimping on the uniforms. 

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

• Like 3

"I'll have the New York Guardians leftovers."

• Like 6
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

5 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

"I'll have the New York Guardians leftovers."

The Guardians didn't have side panels.

luis-perez-1.jpg

Because the Gamblers are the only USFL team with a logo that is unchanged, I was hoping that this meant that they'd bring back the standard block number font.

s-l300.jpg   9gglzac6tdp71.jpg

Anyway, too bad about the side panels.  There is evidently still no cure for Denver Broncos' Disease.

• Like 4

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

4 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

Oh boy. Well, that's certainly disappointing. Those uniforms look like generic teamwear. 

I really hope these jerseys are standbys. If you're putting numbers on the sleeves you don't use side panels. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

45 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Anyway, because the Gamblers are the only USFL team with a logo that is unchanged, I was hoping that this meant that they'd bring back the standard block number font.

s-l300.jpg   9gglzac6tdp71.jpg

Anyway, too bad about the side panels.  There is evidently still no cure for Denver Broncos' Disease.

I agree.  The standard number font just doesn't get enough love these days...everyone thinks they have to look different but IMHO it's waaay overdone.  It's how we wound up with horrible bastard mutations like the Bucs calculator numbers and the hideous current Falcons and Titans.  Just stop, already.

What strikes me in the video is how much darker the gray appears to have been from the original version.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

XvxzbIJ.png

I'll be disappointed if Michigan doesn't have the full sized logo instead of a logo the size of the Carolina Panthers. 

The immersive nature of that original helmet was what made it so unique. It would be a huge miss if they end up doing a truncated version of it.

Also, I've said this before, but I dislike how they've left the inside of the panther head hollowed out rather than filled in like the original. It comes off, to me, as far less substantial. 

spacer.png

• Like 10

1 minute ago, gosioux76 said:

The immersive nature of that original helmet was what made it so unique. It would be a huge miss if they end up doing a truncated version of it.

Also, I've said this before, but I dislike how they've left the inside of the panther head hollowed out rather than filled in like the original. It comes off, to me, as far less substantial. 

spacer.png

Yeah, I had to use the full head logo I designed for my NCFA team to add to the current logo and it's a pain to get those accents on the sides of the neck to line up right. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

spacer.png

Agreed on both counts.

The original is still one of my favorite all-time helmets.

• Like 3

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

3 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

spacer.png

I agree with everything that you said @gosioux76

• Like 5