Jump to content

USFL 2022 - Uniforms and Logos


CDCLT
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, IceCap said:

I'd rather they start small and try to grow first. 


I think, if things go well, they will. I agree with something someone said before (not sure if it was from this thread or another): part of the fun in watching these spring leagues is seeing if and how they succeed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, IceCap said:

I'd rather they start small and try to grow first. 

 

They are starting small by just having teams from the East Coast and Central.

 

Surely one of the teams with an already accomplished NFL side could of been, Oakland or Portland or San Diego etc.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like to believe that those are placeholder uniforms used only for the commercial rather than the real deal. For all of the effort they've put into updating the old USFL brands and promoting this league during NFL playoffs, I'll be really surprised if they end up skimping on the uniforms. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I'd like to believe that those are placeholder uniforms used only for the commercial rather than the real deal. For all of the effort they've put into updating the old USFL brands and promoting this league during NFL playoffs, I'll be really surprised if they end up skimping on the uniforms. 

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

"I'll have the New York Guardians leftovers."

 

The Guardians didn't have side panels.

luis-perez-1.jpg

 

 

Because the Gamblers are the only USFL team with a logo that is unchanged, I was hoping that this meant that they'd bring back the standard block number font.

s-l300.jpg   9gglzac6tdp71.jpg

 

 

Anyway, too bad about the side panels.  There is evidently still no cure for Denver Broncos' Disease.

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

Oh boy. Well, that's certainly disappointing. Those uniforms look like generic teamwear. 

I really hope these jerseys are standbys. If you're putting numbers on the sleeves you don't use side panels. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Anyway, because the Gamblers are the only USFL team with a logo that is unchanged, I was hoping that this meant that they'd bring back the standard block number font.


s-l300.jpg   9gglzac6tdp71.jpg

 

 

Anyway, too bad about the side panels.  There is evidently still no cure for Denver Broncos' Disease.

 

I agree.  The standard number font just doesn't get enough love these days...everyone thinks they have to look different but IMHO it's waaay overdone.  It's how we wound up with horrible bastard mutations like the Bucs calculator numbers and the hideous current Falcons and Titans.  Just stop, already.



What strikes me in the video is how much darker the gray appears to have been from the original version.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

XvxzbIJ.png

I'll be disappointed if Michigan doesn't have the full sized logo instead of a logo the size of the Carolina Panthers. 

 

The immersive nature of that original helmet was what made it so unique. It would be a huge miss if they end up doing a truncated version of it.

 

Also, I've said this before, but I dislike how they've left the inside of the panther head hollowed out rather than filled in like the original. It comes off, to me, as far less substantial. 

 

spacer.png

 

 

 

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, gosioux76 said:

 

The immersive nature of that original helmet was what made it so unique. It would be a huge miss if they end up doing a truncated version of it.

 

Also, I've said this before, but I dislike how they've left the inside of the panther head hollowed out rather than filled in like the original. It comes off, to me, as far less substantial. 

 

spacer.png

 

 

 

Yeah, I had to use the full head logo I designed for my NCFA team to add to the current logo and it's a pain to get those accents on the sides of the neck to line up right. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

 

The immersive nature of that original helmet was what made it so unique. It would be a huge miss if they end up doing a truncated version of it.

 

Also, I've said this before, but I dislike how they've left the inside of the panther head hollowed out rather than filled in like the original. It comes off, to me, as far less substantial. 

 

spacer.png

 

 

 

 

Agreed on both counts.

 

The original is still one of my favorite all-time helmets.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

 

The immersive nature of that original helmet was what made it so unique. It would be a huge miss if they end up doing a truncated version of it.

 

Also, I've said this before, but I dislike how they've left the inside of the panther head hollowed out rather than filled in like the original. It comes off, to me, as far less substantial. 

 

spacer.png

 

 

 

 

I agree with everything that you said @gosioux76

 

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.