MLS Kits 2022

VampyrRabbit

9 minutes ago, PK22 said:

Austin FC wearing the clash kit with green shorts and socks. Would have definitely preferred black shorts with these and verde shorts with the primary.

Really hope Austin's primary kit in 2023 is green/verde dominant. Let's be honest. their current kits are black with some green stripes on the front.

I love their color combination, but expected their look to be predominantly green.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

3 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Really hope Austin's primary kit in 2023 is green/verde dominant. Let's be honest. their current kits are black with some green stripes on the front.

I love their color combination, but expected their look to be predominantly green.

Someone may have already said it, but Austin FC is really gonna be like Celtic in the Scottish Prermiership. Just have varrying shades of green kits with a black or white thrown in for diversity. 

19 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

I hope I’m wrong, but I think their new secondary being mint practically guarantees that their 2023 primary kit will be black-dominant once again. Don’t think the league would’ve allowed the mint kit for them if their next primary was also going to be primarily green. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I hope I’m wrong, but I think their new secondary being mint practically guarantees that their 2023 primary kit will be black-dominant once again. Don’t think the league would’ve allowed the mint kit for them if their next primary was also going to be primarily green. 

What are the odds they pull an Atlanta and just take their current primary and add more stripes to it?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaEKiBUhm6-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Looks like Vancouver is going to go with an inverse version of their home kit for the away as expected. Hopefully this means the hoop will be our design going forward though I'd love us to start releasing third kits that could feature other designs apart from the hoop; feel like Vancouver can play with a lot of different natural elements like they've done before, hopefully more about the mountain side of the name as we've focused quite a bit on water/rain in the past.

• Like 2

spacer.pngspacer.png

I like NYCFC going with an orange kit, and the lightning bolt isn't a bad idea by any means... But at least from that photo, the gradient is too sudden to look good, especially when juxtaposed with that crisp lightning stripe... A more gradual gradient or a line gradient like the final jersey under the Sky Blue FC brand would be better.

Also, consistent oranges like @upperV03 says, and a blue left sleeve would help a lot too...

A very rough edit; it's not enough but I think it helps:

jsj4im1.png  --->  lScUuN6.png

I miss the circle "Hypnokit" for them, though...

• Like 2
  • Love 2

35 minutes ago, WhitecapsForLife11 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaEKiBUhm6-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Looks like Vancouver is going to go with an inverse version of their home kit for the away as expected. Hopefully this means the hoop will be our design going forward though I'd love us to start releasing third kits that could feature other designs apart from the hoop; feel like Vancouver can play with a lot of different natural elements like they've done before, hopefully more about the mountain side of the name as we've focused quite a bit on water/rain in the past.

RE: Vancouver Whitecaps

I assume the rumored chest stripe has the same design as the sleeve cuff seen here.

Basically a reverse of the primary/home.

as for NYCFC:

I like the pattern/design with the fading „lightning bolt“ even though it reminds me of Power Rangers 😂

but the purple and shade of orange color combo is not comfortable to look at for me. The balance seems off overall.

19 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/philadelphia-union-unveil-2022-the-for-u-kit

The Philadelphia Union had unveiled their new primary kit.

FLuvsuzX0AUUdfh?format=jpg&name=small

Its better than their last one, but anything would've been, glad a stripe is back, but would prefer it in the center.

As much as I really like it (I love the return to the light blue on the primary), I feel the same way. The stripe needs to be thicker and in the center.

But this shirt is a solid B+.

13 hours ago, Digby said:

Honestly kinda forgot about the Dynamo. Like everything about them. I feel like I've seen that one before.

Unfortunately for the Dynamo, most of Houston has forgotten about them too. Being near the bottom of the standings for multiple years will do that. As far as the new kit....meh. I would prefer more orange on it. I don't get how it ties in to our bayous. If they wanted a bayou kit they would have it be yoohoo brown. Perhaps they are dark grey to represent our numerous grey freeways and grey strip centers

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

13 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I really hope the differences in the orange color aren’t as stark in action as they are in that photo. Other than that, definitely a very solid effort and a huge upgrade from their previous secondaries.

Yeah, those sleeves just stand out by a country mile.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

That RSL kit is pretty nice. Love the striping on the collar and cuffs. Never been a huge fan of side panels, but I think they’re pretty inoffensive here and add more blue to the shirt (would’ve preferred blue sleeves, but this is fine). Why in the hell, though, did they revert back to white for the LifeVantage logo and the names/numbers after FINALLY making them gold on their last primaries? That was something that drove me crazy for years, and now will once again. I’m guessing LifeVantage wanted the logo white again, and RSL decided to have the names/numbers match, but it’s a bummer and a step back.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The Fire have re-upped with Motorola and unveiled a new primary that isn’t all that different from last year’s:

I do like the custom embossed pattern, and we’ve already known that the navy/red color scheme would stick around until 2024 when they switch back to red primaries. Perfectly fine, nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1