MLS Kits 2022

VampyrRabbit

Neutral  European fan opinion here.  All in all, I think this is one of the most underwhelming MLS collections ever.

THE BAD: At least there are almost no white kits, but at the same time no real differntiation between the teams; basically one template; huge majority of plain coloured kits; quite the amount of teams using similar and non-traditional change colours (mint anyone?); heavy relying on almost invisible embossment; drastic differences between authentic and replica (yeah, I know, this has tradition in MLS, but never to this degree). 

THE GOOD: Charlotte FC, Philadelphia, Vancouver; No white kits; Some collars and sleeve hems are a beauty, I hope Adidas continues on this road for the 2022/23 season in Europe and for the WC national teams; The few teams that tried to do something creative (Orlando, Portland, Montreal) even if the end result ended up pretty bad (NYC, Sounders). 

“Creator kit” that’s just a black and white shirt, give me a break!

Orlando looks nice, but I can’t help but wish the gradient was just the whole of the shirt; still would’ve worked well as a clash option, but Orlando just always demand a white base I guess.

• Like 1

Not sold on this one from Toronto. I like the half and half design but this is too grayscale. Perhaps red cuffs and collar would improve it a bit.

———
The pink is great for Miami but I’d be curious to see this kit with white shorts.  I think a little contrast would enhance this a lot.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Columbus now official:

I really hope they wear the black shorts more than the yellow shorts. 

I'd rather they move the black shorts and socks to the grey jerseys, but I'd also like to see them rotate the shorts with the yellow jerseys too. I also noticed that they don't add the sleeve sponsor on the replica kits, which seems just as dumb as the sleeve cuffs not matching the authentic kits. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I like the simplicity of DC United's new jerseys. Solid 9/10 in my book. If the shoulder stripes were red instead of white, I'd give it a perfect score.

D.C. United unveils new 2022 “Black-and-Red” home jersey - Black And Red  United

D.C. United unveils new 2022 “Black-and-Red” home jersey - Black And Red  United

White stripes on black shirts are DC United though.

While I agree that this is an exceptional kit, feels like a weird thing to dock them an imaginary point for…

6 hours ago, Digby said:

“Creator kit” that’s just a black and white shirt, give me a break!

Orlando looks nice, but I can’t help but wish the gradient was just the whole of the shirt; still would’ve worked well as a clash option, but Orlando just always demand a white base I guess.

Seems like the main color is gray instead of white, the reveal photos don't seem to reflect it that well:

ff_4713223-f13c0761deef84c7e1aaalt1_full

• Like 1

I see MLS is still on this shtick of forcing clubs to nickname their kits...and for what purpose, again?? There does come a point when doing too much is just that: doing too much. Nothing wrong with simply designating "primary" and "change".

That said, WOW, Orlando. I'd have probably slid the transition zone up a little more, but still...yessuh. If I was an Orlando fan, I'd cop one of those so fast it wouldn't even be funny.

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Miami you magnificent bastards!

Also the Sounders replica is up for sale, and… it’s bad. Really bad. Can’t embed a picture, but no blue sleeves, no MLS patch and no secondary sponsor! If I were EQC I’d be throwing a fit. Just sell a t-shirt at this point.

I take it back Adidas, you win, price the replicas at $100 and give us the details back.

• Hate 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

4 hours ago, GFB said:

White stripes on black shirts are DC United though.

While I agree that this is an exceptional kit, feels like a weird thing to dock them an imaginary point for…

Well IMO the best DCU has ever looked was in 2016-17 when they had the set with red stripes. Visually superior to every other kit in their history. It always bugged me that white was heavily featured over red on the black primary kits for most of the club's history. The 2016 set changed that, well briefly. I understand having white numbers and name on back. Even the sponsor logos & main manufacture logo on the chest being white I get. With that said, every other non-black element on the kits should be red. Their nickname is the "Black & Red". Not the Black & White with Small Amounts of Red.

So yeah. 9/10 for the new jerseys. They look good, but red stripes would make it look better 🤷🏾‍♂️

United v. Columbus series full of history | DC United

Hotter Than July > Thriller

On 2/19/2022 at 6:02 AM, hereandthere said:

Neutral  European fan opinion here.  All in all, I think this is one of the most underwhelming MLS collections ever.

THE BAD: At least there are almost no white kits, but at the same time no real differntiation between the teams; basically one template; huge majority of plain coloured kits; quite the amount of teams using similar and non-traditional change colours (mint anyone?); heavy relying on almost invisible embossment; drastic differences between authentic and replica (yeah, I know, this has tradition in MLS, but never to this degree). 

THE GOOD: Charlotte FC, Philadelphia, Vancouver; No white kits; Some collars and sleeve hems are a beauty, I hope Adidas continues on this road for the 2022/23 season in Europe and for the WC national teams; The few teams that tried to do something creative (Orlando, Portland, Montreal) even if the end result ended up pretty bad (NYC, Sounders). 

The fact teams are using designs from 2018 is just ridiculous as well. Then trying to sell it as a "city of trees" when there's nothing in the design that shows trees is just silly. Toronto's greyscale harlequin uniform is just bad. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The MLS site has a page where you can rank this season’s new kits:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/fans-power-rankings?sg_sessionid=1645384497_621293318030c3.25401003&__sgtarget=-1&__sgbrwsrid=2535f320e489ce0ff93c6c4ca852e387#sgbody-6747596

My top 5:

1. Vancouver

2. Portland

3. Orlando

4. Colorado

5. Philadelphia

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1