NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

33 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Not worthy of its own thread, but a neat article on the Packers' seamstress retiring. Cool anecdotes about things only we would love (presumably).

https://www.packers.com/news/stories-from-the-packers-seamstress-marge-switzer-retires-after-27-years?campaign=email_220311

I didn't read your link (yet) but PL has had at least one, if not more posts about her over the years.  Good read(s).

• Like 2
  • Yawn 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 3/7/2022 at 1:29 PM, PaleVermilion81 said:

I think it's more in the idea of "does an NFL player already wearing lots of equipment experience more heat in a lighter colored uniform or a darker colored uniform when it's 100 degrees outside" type of thing. Is there a measurable impact/advantage in wearing lighter colors in those instances. (not sure what the answer is)

This is a completely fair and valid argument. I don't know if there's a performance impact or not but as someone who grew up not that far east of Tampa, it is significantly more comfortable to wear white in the summer/fall than anything dark. In my experience, wearing black (or anything really dark) makes the air around you just feel super dense because of how humid it always is. Wearing white doesn't help a ton, but it is a noticeable difference. When I still played baseball, we only wore light colors for summer and fall leagues. 

EDIT: And sorry for the late response, I don't get on this forum that often.

• Like 1

spacer.png

On 3/7/2022 at 5:23 PM, DCarp1231 said:

Idk, something about thinking aqua, teal, and red jerseys attracting way too much heat seems kinda iffy to me

I guess Miami, Jacksonville, and Tampa By could just avoid all this by building roofed stadiums

This is also something that I would love. Having been to my fair share of Bucs games in Tampa over the years, there is zero shade unless the game starts at 6PM or so. It worked for Miami, but so far there really hasn't been a push to build a similar structure in Tampa. It's not like the Bucs are trying to build a new stadium, they just completely renovated and upgraded everything 5 years ago. 

spacer.png

22 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Other than the right sleeve and names and numbers, why would sponsor patches not be on the jersey? 

Alcohol, tobacco, and gambling ads are not allowed in certain countries and leagues.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think it would be ironic if the Washington Comm..(I cant'say it) ended up getting Waste Management to sponsor their uniforms because of the WM logo.....

100x100fPNG

(Sorry...had to do it.)

• Like 3

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

12 minutes ago, EJ_Barlik said:

The Atlanta Falcons, sponsored by Smirnoff Vodka:

smirnoff-logo-1233A3A48F-seeklogo.com.pn

Wouldn't vodka be a more appropriate sponsor for the Commies?

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

34 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Wouldn't vodka be a more appropriate sponsor for the Commies?

Maybe, but you see, the logos "look" similar.

• WM for the W's
  • lightning bolt logo for the Chargers
  • Big Green for Green Bay
  • LA for LA
  • falcons for Flacons
  • fleur-de-lis in the background for a team with an actual Fleur-de-lis logo

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

17 minutes ago, EJ_Barlik said:

There are 2 kinds of people on discussion boards.

1. Those that get sarcasm

2. Those who are victims of it

We get it. It wasn't remotely humorous the first time. Move on.

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

44 minutes ago, EJ_Barlik said:

1. Those that get sarcasm

2. Those who are victims of it

1. Those who put multiple thoughts into a single post

2. Those who split the same joke up into eight different posts

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4

How y'all forget the most obvious one??

The Jacksonville Jaguars, sponsored by, well...

Jaguar-logo.jpg

Spoiler

Or perhaps maybe...

Us_Navy_Eagle_log2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||