NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

53 minutes ago, BBTV said:

in what way do these "still exist"?  You're just making things up for the sake of posting.

“Still exist” as in its entirely possible the Eagles could bring these out again, just on a Nike template. Kelly Green and white helmets aren’t the only thing Philadelphia has worn.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

“Still exist” as in its entirely possible the Eagles could bring these out again, just on a Nike template. Kelly Green and white helmets aren’t the only thing Philadelphia has worn.

They literally don't "still exist".  They haven't been in the style guide for more than a decade, were never sent to Nike and no samples were ever made on Nike fabrics, would require more than 2 years to bring back, and... literally no longer actually exist in any factory.

By your rationale, any uniform that was ever worn by any team technically "still exists" and can't be ruled out for alt helmets.  That's silly.  That's like saying my 6-pack abs still exist because I had them 10 years ago and could conceivably bring them back... likely with the same 2-year lead time the Eagles would need for these jerseys that don't exist.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Dislike 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 minutes ago, BBTV said:

They literally don't "still exist".  They haven't been in the style guide for more than a decade, were never sent to Nike and no samples were ever made on Nike fabrics, would require more than 2 years to bring back, and... literally no longer actually exist in any factory.

By your rationale, any uniform that was ever worn by any team technically "still exists" and can't be ruled out for alt helmets.  That's silly.  That's like saying my 6-pack abs still exist because I had them 10 years ago and could conceivably bring them back... likely with the same 2-year lead time the Eagles would need for these jerseys that don't exist.

I don’t think he was suggesting that uniform would come back next season, just that it was a possibility to bring back at some point in the future.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, BBTV said:

“Still exist” was the wrong terminology, I’ll admit that fault.

However, it doesn’t mean the Eagles can’t revive it.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Are the 49ers red 1994 uniform and the Browns 1946 white uniform going to return in 2022?

I hope not. It bothers me behind rationality when the 49ers don’t wear gold pants. 

• Like 2
  • Huh? 2
  • Dislike 1

19 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I hope not. It bothers me behind rationality when the 49ers don’t wear gold pants. 

I feel the same way on why they don't wear a red facemask. 

• Like 3

spacer.png

I'd be very curious to see the Niners wear their 94 Fauxbacks with their gold pants.

They tried to do that with their '96 rebrand (well technically when they added gold pants in '98) but I think the extra gold outlines on the numbers, the logo and shadows on the sleeves muddled things up too much. 

Just wearing the plain black shadowed numbers with the simple red jersey with their tan/gold pants with red/white stripes would be a good look.

*whispers* also gold facemask....

• Like 1

On 2/28/2022 at 2:09 PM, NFLfan10 said:

The creamsicle is obviously better than pewter alternate. With how little the team wears red as it is, they really gotta either stop wearing white as much or phase out the Color Rush set (which isn’t a good uniform anyway)

Too hot to wear dark uniforms in Florida until later in the season. It's miserable just wearing a red or pewter jersey to a game until like November. I love our red jerseys as much as anyone but I don't blame the players for asking to wear white until it cools off in the winter. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, SpenserRM said:

Too hot to wear dark uniforms in Florida until later in the season. It's miserable just wearing a red or pewter jersey to a game until like November. I love our red jerseys as much as anyone but I don't blame the players for asking to wear white until it cools off in the winter. 

Hasn't that somewhat recently been proven to be a myth? I mean scientifically proven after experiments were conducted.

• Like 6

Hotter Than July > Thriller

If anyone's wondering what white or red helmet Texans would look like, our pbp guy did something back in October with our red jerseys. 

White would be ok with a contrasting face mask. Red is superior and I wish it was our full time. 

• Like 11
  • Love 2

28 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Hasn't that somewhat recently been proven to be a myth? I mean scientifically proven after experiments were conducted.

I mean darker colors absorb more energy so I don't see how that type of thing can really be proven to be a "myth." That's just science. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, SpenserRM said:

I mean darker colors absorb more energy so I don't see how that type of thing can really be proven to be a "myth." That's just science. 

I think it's more in the idea of "does an NFL player already wearing lots of equipment experience more heat in a lighter colored uniform or a darker colored uniform when it's 100 degrees outside" type of thing. Is there a measurable impact/advantage in wearing lighter colors in those instances. (not sure what the answer is)

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, MrAstrodome said:

If anyone's wondering what white or red helmet Texans would look like, our pbp guy did something back in October with our red jerseys. 

White would be ok with a contrasting face mask. Red is superior and I wish it was our full time. 

The white reminds me of the original helmet the Texans used as a placeholder. Honestly the white looks great. Red not so much.

• Like 3

It’s Florida, not Death Valley, the Middle East, Mercury, or Northern Africa. And they have misters on the sidelines.  I don’t think a red jersey is going to kill anyone. 

• Like 3
  • Yawn 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 minutes ago, BBTV said:

It’s Florida, not Death Valley, the Middle East, Mercury, or Northern Africa. And they have misters on the sidelines.  I don’t think a red jersey is going to kill anyone. 

The humidity is the killer. That's the difference when the season shifts to winter.  The humidity dies down in the winter season, but you still have to deal with the constant of the  sun. Florida is very hot. Even in its cooler months, December-February, it isn't that cold. In October it could still feel like summer. 

I live in the state. I came to Florida in last August. Being here made me appreciate what it was like back where I was forced to leave. I formerly lived around the area where the Nike headquarter is. 

I see why the Bucs wore white for that game against the Panthers in the final week. Why the Jaguars switched to teal. Why the Dolphins wore white at home more than they did the previous five years.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Piggybacking off of this a little I just want to point out that no one has mentioned how the opposing team has been forced to wear dark colors versus these Florida teams and no one has died. 

It's funny to hear this argument too when you consider Florida teams should be acclimated to the climate they play/practice in the most. 

The advantage of white jerseys at home, if any, is mostly psychological in my unqualified opinion.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

They have misses on the sideline too. ;)

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, BigDmo said:

Piggybacking off of this a little I just want to point out that no one has mentioned how the opposing team has been forced to wear dark colors versus these Florida teams and no one has died. 

It's funny to hear this argument too when you consider Florida teams should be acclimated to the climate they play/practice in the most. 

The advantage of white jerseys at home, if any, is mostly psychological in my unqualified opinion.

No one died, but it’s about comfort and performance. Is it as big of a deal as some people make it? Probably not, but the comfort is probably the bigger factor, and being more comfortable probably does make them play better.