NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

29 minutes ago, dont care said:

No one died, but it’s about comfort and performance. Is it as big of a deal as some people make it? Probably not, but the comfort is probably the bigger factor, and being more comfortable probably does make them play better. 

As other posters have said, the comfort is likely psychological because lay-people over the course of generations, have made a broad and over-reaching conclusion based something that's technically true (darker colors absorb light, thus retain heat) but not conclusive enough to be statistically significant to the point where it would truly impact performance.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, SpenserRM said:

Too hot to wear dark uniforms in Florida until later in the season. It's miserable just wearing a red or pewter jersey to a game until like November. I love our red jerseys as much as anyone but I don't blame the players for asking to wear white until it cools off in the winter. 

spacer.png

• Like 11

On 3/7/2022 at 12:33 PM, SpenserRM said:

Too hot to wear dark uniforms in Florida until later in the season. It's miserable just wearing a red or pewter jersey to a game until like November. I love our red jerseys as much as anyone but I don't blame the players for asking to wear white until it cools off in the winter. 

If that were the case, the college football teams in hot states wouldn't wear dark jerseys at home. I don't believe heat has anything to do with it, especially with the fabric these uniforms are made out of these days. Besides that, why would Tampa even wear the pewter pants at home with the white jersey? Seriously, if the dark jersey is an issue, than why not white pants at home all the time as well.

Edited by nuordr
Grammar
  • Like 6

spacer.png

On 3/5/2022 at 6:51 PM, gothedistance said:

Are the 49ers red 1994 uniform and the Browns 1946 white uniform going to return in 2022?

I believe the Browns jerseys will not but the 49ers jerseys will remain. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

13 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

Southern California “hot” is not the same as Florida hot.

Wearing white at home to beat the heat is still silly.

• Like 9

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

3 hours ago, nuordr said:

If that were the case, the college football teams in hot states wouldn't wear dark jerseys at home. I don't believe heat has anything to do with it, especially with the fabric these uniforms are made out of these days. Besides that, why would Tampa even wearing the pewter pants and home with the white jersey? Seriously, if the dark jersey is an issue, than why not white pants at home all the time as well.

There's a rule in place that the road team has to agree to switch jerseys. LSU does it because they play only at night and that convinces road teams to agree. 

1 hour ago, Sykotyk said:

There's a rule in place that the road team has to agree to switch jerseys. LSU does it because they play only at night and that convinces road teams to agree. 

LSU plays 2-3 day home games per year; "only at night" isn't completely accurate. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

42 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

I think that was the workaround rule implemented in the 90's but I thought most conferences codified it at least a decade ago where the home team is able to choose.

If we’re jumping on the white at home for a bit…can someone explain why a bucs red jersey is too hot, but if you pair the white jersey with pewter (much darker than red) pants, it’s ok…and how the Miami hurricanes can wear their green jersey at home (sometimes with green pants) yet 24 hours later in the same stadium, the dolphins aqua is too hot?

• Like 8
KISSwall09.jpg

13 hours ago, hormone said:

If we’re jumping on the white at home for a bit…can someone explain why a bucs red jersey is too hot, but if you pair the white jersey with pewter (much darker than red) pants, it’s ok…and how the Miami hurricanes can wear their green jersey at home (sometimes with green pants) yet 24 hours later in the same stadium, the dolphins aqua is too hot?

Miami, Florida, and Florida State all seem to handle the Florida heat fine in their home uniforms.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

No, thats “tRaDiTiOn” or whatever half assed excuse they’ve conjured up to never wear the navy jerseys more than 1-3 times a year

The reason use to be to allow fans to see more than just blue vs. white every home game. It was to give fans a variety of colors to see. It eventually became that the navy jerseys were unlucky idk why though, especially during some years you could say the whites were equally as bad.

• Like 1