NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

13 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

There are 2 kinds of people on discussion boards.

1. Those who put multiple thoughts into a single post

2. Those who split the same joke up into eight different posts

There are 2 kinds of people on discussion boards.

1. The first kind.

2. The second kind.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3

17 hours ago, Bathysphere said:

Super love it when I think there’s actual news on account of there being high activity in a thread that’s been dead for days, and it’s all just one dummy stroking himself over one really unfunny “x looks like y” joke. Super duper love it.

EJ_Barlik sponsored by:

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4

13 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

At this point, you aren't even trying. Lock the thread, mods.

Or suspend the spammers and delete the posts so we can follow the actual conversation (the thread is still valid, as there will be more '22 conversation once we see the new alt helmets.)

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is there a massive release of alternate helmets? Will it be team by team? Will it be like week 8 and you see (for example) the jets say “we’re back in black” and just have some gif of someone in the full uni?

KISSwall09.jpg

4 hours ago, hormone said:

Is there a massive release of alternate helmets? Will it be team by team? Will it be like week 8 and you see (for example) the jets say “we’re back in black” and just have some gif of someone in the full uni?

I don't think anyone knows.  Has there ever been a massive release in the NFL like there has been in NHL and NBA?  I think teams usually manage that stuff, especially since Nike isn't the manufacturer of the helmets.  My completely uneducated guess is that some teams will announce once they have retail replicas in stock to sell, and others may do the 'surprise' unveiling like what you're suggesting with your Jets example.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

32 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I don't think anyone knows.  Has there ever been a massive release in the NFL like there has been in NHL and NBA?  I think teams usually manage that stuff, especially since Nike isn't the manufacturer of the helmets.  My completely uneducated guess is that some teams will announce once they have retail replicas in stock to sell, and others may do the 'surprise' unveiling like what you're suggesting with your Jets example.

Color Rush unis were all released the same day I think.

But agreed about waiting for the retail part to come in. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

The first Nike uniforms, but that was more just adding a swoosh and/or changing templates to the the elite 51, and the Seahawks redesign.

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1

6 hours ago, hormone said:

I think we'll see that closer to the season. I believe someone posted a list of supposed Riddell alternate helmets that weren't just something like the Salute the Troops lids. That's why I think people assumed originally that Arizona was finally changing unis since they were on that list.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, lahaye7 said:

I'm sure there are other examples , but has any player ever had a uni upgrade like Matt Ryan ? Falcons to Colts? 

Maybe Drew Brees when he went from navy-heavy Chargers to Saints? I would argue that Watson's move from Houston to Cleveland would qualify, but I'm sure that's up for debate.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, lahaye7 said:

I'm sure there are other examples , but has any player ever had a uni upgrade like Matt Ryan ? Falcons to Colts? 

You could argue Tom Brady, what with all the weird quirks the Patriots 2000-19 unis had. 

• Like 12

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.