NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

I think the lions would do well with a smidge of white, specifically in number outlines to improve legibility. I think the silver blends a little too much on the blue uniforms, and they use white numbers on their grays. Would drop the gray uniforms personally, but overall I think it’s a good set in the modern NFL.

• Like 3

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

27 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

How many times will this be now for the Lions?

If I'm remembering right,  they changed in '03 (when they first added black trim), again in '09 (the second black trim uniform), and in '17 with the current. That's a lot for the NFL.  Not as much as Jacksonville, I guess, but more than most. They should consider some continuity. 

• Like 1

I think the current Lions uniforms would be pretty much perfect if they dropped the anthracite gray: that would mean a white outline on the home numbers, a lighter silver outline on the aways, and going with the lighter silver for the alternate (which I’d like to see with the blue pants). I’m curious what they’d change if they don’t go strict throwback.

As for the Eagles, this is probably a hot take but I’d prefer them to just stick with the midnight green. The Jets can have kelly green, in my opinion. I’d still do a redesign for the Eagles to drop the black, but I honestly think the midnight green is a cool & unique color. Paired with just silver, I think it could look really nice.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, BigEd76 said:

Besides the throwback news, it looks like the Eagles will also be adding a black helmet to go with the black alts

BLACKOUT VIBES 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🐐🐐🐐🐐

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Dislike 1

spacer.png

4 hours ago, flyersfan said:

I think the lions would do well with a smidge of white, specifically in number outlines to improve legibility. I think the silver blends a little too much on the blue uniforms, and they use white numbers on their grays. Would drop the gray uniforms personally, but overall I think it’s a good set in the modern NFL.

add white between the silver stripes on home silver between blue on road 

white numbers with silver outline

blue facemask

done

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigEd76 said:

Besides the throwback news, it looks like the Eagles will also be adding a black helmet to go with the black alts

The NFL should have given alternate helmets the same 5-year rule as uniforms. Now we have the Eagles wearing black for one season and then Kelly green the next. What will stop teams from switching alternate helmet colors every season?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

The NFL should have given alternate helmets the same 5-year rule as uniforms. Now we have the Eagles wearing black for one season and then Kelly green the next. What will stop teams from switching alternate helmet colors every season?

It's basically college football now -- where soon, you won't even know which one is the primary helmet

• Like 6

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, BigEd76 said:

I heard that too…so does that make them a 3 helmet team in 23? Do they drop black after only one year?

KISSwall09.jpg

Anybody wanna do a mockup of how bad the Eagles BLACK alternate helmets gonna look?

Mockup posted literally same time as I asked the Q.   Ouch.....

--------------

Anybody see this news?  Kansas Chiefs?  in 2031?

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/3/29/23001804/chiefs-say-they-get-stadium-inquiries-from-state-of-kansas 

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png