NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

Maybe he'd have had a decent career had the football gods not cursed him for his selfish act.

• LOL 3
  • Yawn 2
  • Dislike 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

If Chelsea FC has brand new home shirts instead of a patch covering the 3 logo, I don't ever want to hear a NFL team say global supply issues are why they couldn't wear a throwback uniform this year. 

Having 11 shirts made is different than having an entire product run made…

• Like 2

So with MLB brining in the ads, when is the NFL coming next?

I think if their small enough and in team colors, it could be potentially salvageable. But I can just imagine a franchise winning their first ever Super Bowl, and all you see on their jerseys in memorabilia and photos is the GoDaddy.com logo on them.

• Hurl 1
  • Hate 2

12 hours ago, dont care said:

Having 11 shirts made is different than having an entire product run made…

Having them made with that specific pattern and ready to hit the field is pretty difficult. They aren't just using a templated uniform.  And they actually have over 200 sets that would need to be done when you consider the men, women and various U14-U23 teams that have to abide this change too. That's why I expect them to just slap a big blue sticker over the logos. 

Chelsea 2021-2022 home kit official images release date - Nike News

21-22 CHELSEA 3RD KIT, Sports, Athletic & Sports Clothing on Carousell

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Can’t really tell if BBTV is joking… if he is it’s not funny, if he’s not he might want to get a psych evaluation. Wishing/praising injury on someone is never justified, especially when it’s over a number.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Krz said:

Can’t really tell if BBTV is joking… if he is it’s not funny, if he’s not he might want to get a psych evaluation. Wishing/praising injury on someone is never justified, especially when it’s over a number.

This isn't the first time he's taken this stance. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 hours ago, Dynasty said:

I think if their small enough and in team colors, it could be potentially salvageable. But I can just imagine a franchise winning their first ever Super Bowl, and all you see on their jerseys in memorabilia and photos is the GoDaddy.com logo on them.

Football games have almost double the commercial breaks that baseball games have, so I don't think it's imminent. Maybe down the road they throw some decals on the back of helmets.

13 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Football games have almost double the commercial breaks that baseball games have, so I don't think it's imminent. Maybe down the road they throw some decals on the back of helmets.

Basketball has just as many. It's not about poverty, it's about getting even more money in.  looking at the CFL, we've already seen what adding patches would do to the look of these uniforms and no one wants that. 

• Like 5

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

25 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

It's greed. They don't care about the commercial breaks, if they think jersey ads can bring in additional money, they'll do it. Look at the NHL. The richer you are, the more money you want and the less you care about the way to get it and how it affects other people. Just human nature

• Like 9

51 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Having them made with that specific pattern and ready to hit the field is pretty difficult. They aren't just using a templated uniform.  And they actually have over 200 sets that would need to be done when you consider the men, women and various U14-U23 teams that have to abide this change too. That's why I expect them to just slap a big blue sticker over the logos. 

The sponsor is just heat pressed on, it may take a week but it would not be difficult to have sponsor-less kits.  

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

But even then, it doesn’t take much to make 60 kits sans sponsor across all the designs. They can’t even sell jerseys anymore white the owners assets are frozen so it doesn’t matter if the fans jerseys have them that are already in the production cycle.

21 hours ago, Dynasty said:

Do you understand how advertising works? I mean, if you are seriously making that statement, you don't.  I'm not trying to bag on you, but this is a case where the focus of this particular part of the internet needs to look at the reality of the real world. The characteristic of the people here is that we would like our uniforms to be ad free. But to state that an ad would be ok if they're in team colors and small is out of line with reality, except if it happens by chance in terms of color (such as if IBM were to advertise on the Indianapolis Colts uniforms).

As stated by Mike Florio, remember when everyone was outraged at sponsored stadium names? I'm not FOR ads, but this too shall pass.

Edited by Sec19Row53
deleted an extra 'use' hat didn't get caught in final editing :-)
  • Like 4

It's where I sit.

5 minutes ago, dont care said:

But even then, it doesn’t take much to make 60 kits sans sponsor across all the designs. They can’t even sell jerseys anymore white the owners assets are frozen so it doesn’t matter if the fans jerseys have them that are already in the production cycle.

I'm just saying that the NFL keeps saying that they can't do something that's even just outfitting their own players, let alone the fans. Nike probably doesn't just have a bunch of blank kits sitting in a warehouse just in case a team can't wear them. IT's disingenuous when they sell throwback jerseys on the web site. They should just say. "We didn't expect to be able to do this, even though we should have known it was a possibility". 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'm just saying that the NFL keeps saying that they can't do something that's even just outfitting their own players, let alone the fans. Nike probably doesn't just have a bunch of blank kits sitting in a warehouse just in case a team can't wear them. IT's disingenuous when they sell throwback jerseys on the web site. They should just say. "We didn't expect to be able to do this, even though we should have known it was a possibility". 

It’s not just outfitting a team though, they need to build a world wide supply of them, or enough to meet the pre sales demand Atleast. This situation is completely different being only for the players on the pitch.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I believe most pro shirts are delivered “blank” (with only crest and apparel branding) at the beginning of the season, and additional ads, numbers, and names are pressed by the club.

That’s how they’re able to trade shirts every game and alter the advertisements match-by-match based on the laws of the country in which they’re playing.

What situation were you referring to with brands not being able to accommodate athletes during the season?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

7 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Do you understand how advertising works? I mean, if you are seriously making that statement, you don't.  I'm not trying to bag on you, but this is a case where the focus of this particular part of the internet needs to look at the reality of the real world. The characteristic of the people here is that we would like our uniforms to be ad free. But to state that an ad would be ok if they're in team colors and small is out of line with reality, except if it happens by chance in terms of color (such as if IBM were to advertise on the Indianapolis Colts uniforms).

As stated by Mike Florio, remember when everyone was outraged at sponsored stadium names? I'm not FOR ads, but this too shall pass.

I didn't think about that. It's one of those instances where you post without thinking. Don't know what else to say. 🤷‍♂️ I guess I'm just trying to look at the situation positively, but not rationally, because I too dislike ads.

• Applause 1

20 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I believe most pro shirts are delivered “blank” (with only crest and apparel branding) at the beginning of the season, and additional ads, numbers, and names are pressed by the club.

That’s how they’re able to trade shirts every game and alter the advertisements match-by-match based on the laws of the country in which they’re playing.

What situation were you referring to with brands not being able to accommodate athletes during the season?

Other than the right sleeve and names and numbers, why would sponsor patches not be on the jersey? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png