NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

Maybe Drew Brees when he went from navy-heavy Chargers to Saints? I would argue that Watson's move from Houston to Cleveland would qualify, but I'm sure that's up for debate.

QB specifically? 
Phillip Rivers

spacer.png
spacer.png

Jameis Winston

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

Jameis didn't upgrade all that much. The Saints' current uniforms are almost as messy as the Cowboys' and look lifeless despite having so much potential for a great look. Their insistence on wearing black pants all the time is the cherry on top of the :censored: sundae. If the Bucs had a legible number font instead of the alarm clock numbers, he honestly would have downgraded.

• Like 9
  • Love 2

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

12 minutes ago, dont care said:

Looks like they tried to recreate the script hats for the 80’s or when ever but had 7 year olds that just learned cursive write the scripts.

That was my exact thought before even seeing your post.  They're fine for what they are, and they'll look fine on most of the draft picks, but I'm not going to get one.

EDIT: the Raiders one is questionable.  I'm not sure how anyone wears a cap with a silver or white brim.  Unless you keep your fingers spotless, isn't that going to have all kinds of spots on it from taking it on/off?

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Draft hats dropped today…can’t say I like ‘em:

Draft hats at Dick’s

They're pretty much crap every year now.  I don't even remember the last time I bought one.  Side note...my OCD would never allow be to buy one of these based on how the "S" is used on the scripts.

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 3:35 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

White or blue facemask, but yeah

But we've seen those before.

Red helmet w/ red facemask paired with these unis. Y'all would love that

GBTNAXQMGFH5LBV3XI3QFNJWSI.jpg

• Hurl 3
  • Yawn 2
  • Dislike 1

6uXNWAo.png

I don’t hate the design of the draft hats, but the fact that they’re black is irksome. It’s especially offensive for navy blue teams and the Browns. What’s wrong with using the actual team colors for the crown?

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, Cujo said:

But we've seen those before.

Red helmet w/ red facemask paired with these unis. Y'all would love that

GBTNAXQMGFH5LBV3XI3QFNJWSI.jpg

We wouldn’t like that. The only way we would like that is if they had white pants and the above facemask combos.

• Like 2

The black base stinks, they should be team colors. Overall, it’s a template. They’re always going to look good for some and terrible for others.

as a Jags fan I view those individually, they’ve had a lot of wooooof designs, this one is okay in comparison

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

9 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

The black base stinks, they should be team colors. Overall, it’s a template. They’re always going to look good for some and terrible for others.

as a Jags fan I view those individually, they’ve had a lot of wooooof designs, this one is okay in comparison

While none of them are great, the Jags and the Panthers are easily the best, since black is a team color and the 80s/90s aesthetic works for both teams. The scripts also contrast against the color of the block letters, while teams like the Raiders, Steelers, and Saints get completely lost. The Bengals, Falcons, and Ravens also work pretty well for what these are. The rest are not good, and should be in team colors.

• Like 4

spacer.png

Detroit Lions pushing back uniform change until at least 2023

“Nothing (happening) for this year,” team president Rod Wood said during a chat with a small group of reporters during a break at the NFL owners meetings in Palm Beach, Fla. “We’re actually starting a process to look at a possible change for next year. It’s really like a year-plus lead time. So we just convened a committee. I know we get a lot of things tweeted at us and suggestions about what fans want, so we catalog all those and we’ll take them under advisement.”

Wood said no decisions have been made about the future of the “WCF” patch that remains affixed to the sleeve. The patch has become a staple of the uniform to honor William Clay Ford, who bought the team on the day John F. Kennedy was killed in 1963, and remained the owner until his death in 2014. The team is now owned by his daughter, Sheila Hamp.

But the Lions are considering rolling out a new helmet whenever they do shake up their look.

“Taking a look at what the options are,” Wood said. “There’s the option of adding another helmet, as you probably know. We’re not doing that this year because our throwbacks really just take the current logo off, but other teams are adding it because they can go back to a throwback with a different helmet. We may look at a different helmet as part of this as well as the change to the uniforms, but just started the process. We haven’t really sat down with Nike yet and gone through a design.”