NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

6 hours ago, Ovidiumark said:

Unfortunately, I am not following the basketball news in detail right now. However, I had always loved this sport and played it when I was a child. That’s why I have always had an interest and followed all the leagues. I even collected stickers with MVP players. The longest player was Richard Sligh among them. I don’t have a specific favourite team. However, my favourite player is Lebron, and I watch him at the Laker. I even managed to fly and watch one match last season.

I remember that dude, Billy Jean King, being a helluva basketball player, too. I believe he led the NFL in home runs back in 1762, while playing at the Phoenix Coyote.

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
  • Dislike 1

40 minutes ago, McCall said:

I remember that dude, Billy Jean King, being a helluva basketball player, too. I believe he led the NFL in home runs back in 1762, while playing at the Phoenix Coyote.

If more people knew the backstory behind all this--boy I tell you what...

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Expectation: Flat out replacement of the red shells worn with the 1966 throwbacks between 2009-2012

My wish: A red shell with a modern finish that can be worn as an alternate, or with the throwback decals 

What most fans seem to want: Red helmet and red jerseys (1980s throwbacks) Note: Falcons have not changed their alternate since 2016, so that is possible. 

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Expectation: Flat out replacement of the red shells worn with the 1966 throwbacks between 2009-2012

My wish: A red shell with a modern finish that can be worn as an alternate, or with the throwback decals 

What most fans seem to want: Red helmet and red jerseys (1980s throwbacks) Note: Falcons have not changed their alternate since 2016, so that is possible. 

I don't think it'll be the 1980s throwbacks, as seemingly all throwbacks not in the 2021 style guide will be unveiled in 2023. 

I'm guessing it's the 1960s helmet, paired with the current throwback look yet again. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

They did change their alternate with the last uniform change to the red gradient uniform

^not sure if the retro helmet was mentioned on these boards but it was definitely noticed and talked about by fans a bunch when they released the schedule.

Whatever they are releasing today (throwback helmet, maybe a whole new throwback uniform top to bottom, or the possibility of it being used as a red alternate lid with the modern decal), it isn’t happening until 8 PM EST so we’ll have to wait a bit.

59 minutes ago, BlazerBlaze said:

They're waiting until 8?! Well there goes the expected afternoon talk in the finance office. 

That’s what the website says. Also, does the website typically have the gradient header? I don’t go on the site enough to remember. They usually change their social media graphics whenever they do throwback games and gradient games. There were rumors they’d also use the red lid as an alternate for a true red to black gradient so I’m wondering if this is foreshadowing.

spacer.png

With Broncos OTA work going on this week, it's definitely clear and 100% without a doubt and don't ask me how I know this and trust me I just know, from a photo shoot that I was at even though I know nothing about photography or football, that the Broncos will switch from orange to navy this year. /heavysarcasm

OTA highlights, Day 2: Russell Wilson continues to build chemistry with  Broncos offense

• LOL 8

Love the return of the red lid, but seems like a poor marketing strategy to hold out until 8 PM. It’s not like they are doing anything new. They’re just returning to what the throwback used to be. With the big lead up and hype, I thought there was a chance they’d reveal a different throwback or show off the red lid as an alternate with the regular set. The “live event” on YouTube lasted less than one minute. This could have been a timed tweet at 10 AM.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BlazerBlaze said:

I hope we put the new bird on it for a few games with the modern unis.

From what i understand, alt helmets can’t be used for more than one uniform set. Can’t change up throwback helmets and make them modern.

7 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

From what i understand, alt helmets can’t be used for more than one uniform set. Can’t change up throwback helmets and make them modern.

So if the verbiage from the bottom of the falcons article is correct: 

"Per the NFL, the revised policy allows teams to wear a second, alternate color helmet to pair with throwback, color rush or alternate uniforms."

It reads that you can't pair the alt lid with the standard home and away, not limited to one of the 3 options. 

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png