NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

22 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Washington: how do you draw a generic “commander”?

NOLA: the could have drawn a priest or monk or something 

Giants: relative to the card size, they couldn’t make a “giant” big

KC: there’s no way they would put a Native American on the card after the Washington name chaos and the general public’s opinion.

WAS: Might not've had time to create a Commander card

NO: Staying away from religion

NYG: Staying away from growth disorders

KC: Definitely staying away from race

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

6uXNWAo.png

22 minutes ago, Cujo said:

The NFL knew in advance what the team name was, and that this was a planned graphic for the draft.

Nope - not buying that time excuse on this one.

• Like 3

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

WAS: see above @Sec19Row53 post

NO: sure

NYG: “growth disorders”? really? there’s no way the NFL cares about people with growth disorders

KC: yep, exactly what i said

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

The NFL knew in advance what the team name was, and that this was a planned graphic for the draft.

Nope - not buying that time excuse on this one.

Or it's possible the cards were done up in 2020, when Vegas was originally supposed to host, and they swapped out "Football Team" for "Commanders" in the graphic

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

8 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Or it's possible the cards were done up in 2020, when Vegas was originally supposed to host, and they swapped out "Football Team" for "Commanders" in the graphic

Then the real reason would be laziness, as they had plenty of time to do one for the Commanders.

• Like 4

It's where I sit.

Commander is clearly supposed to be some top-level Pentagon guy, he just has a DC flag in place of a ribbon bar. You can see his necktie under his jacket.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Broncos are moving to monochrome blue full time this season. Don't ask how I know, I won't tell you. Orange color rush remains and orange alts as well. They are getting a throwback next year. The move was spearheaded by Russell Wilson. 

If you don't believe me just look what color pants the team is wearing in practice.

I'll probably be banned for posting without proof so when the official announcement comes down I'll see you on the other side.

• Like 1
  • Yawn 2

6 minutes ago, willforgetmylogin said:

Broncos are moving to monochrome blue full time this season. Don't ask how I know, I won't tell you. Orange color rush remains and orange alts as well. They are getting a throwback next year. The move was spearheaded by Russell Wilson. 

If you don't believe me just look what color pants the team is wearing in practice.

I'll probably be banned for posting without proof so when the official announcement comes down I'll see you on the other side.

I don't have the time to do the research but I'd like to know the timing other teams that have switched back and forth between primary and alt because the timing of the wilson trade seems like too short of a lead time to be a valid reason for the switch. Obviously there's no 5 year rule to make the change but such a change would definitely impact your demand for retail product shifting orange to navy. It would not make sense to make a change if you could not capitalize on it.

15 minutes ago, willforgetmylogin said:

Your only proof is pictures of mini camp? 

You don’t want us to ask because…that’s literally it. You saw a photo online. 

• Like 8

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

11 minutes ago, guest23 said:

I don't have the time to do the research but I'd like to know the timing other teams that have switched back and forth between primary and alt because the timing of the wilson trade seems like too short of a lead time to be a valid reason for the switch. Obviously there's no 5 year rule to make the change but such a change would definitely impact your demand for retail product shifting orange to navy. It would not make sense to make a change if you could not capitalize on it.

The NFL is allowing for a quick turnover because

1. Its been five years

2. Since the switch to orange the march has been nearly 50/50 in sales orange and blue

3. The uniform they are switching to is already in the style guide so there is no issue with manufacturing or merchandising at retail locations.

• Dislike 1

It’s sketchy, that’s for sure, but Wilson loving monochrome blue checks out. Seattle only wore grey pants at home once since 2012. Who was their starting quarterback since 2012? Russell Wilson.

TLDR: we’ll see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, willforgetmylogin said:

1. Its been five years

2. Since the switch to orange the march has been nearly 50/50 in sales orange and blue

3. The uniform they are switching to is already in the style guide so there is no issue with manufacturing or merchandising at retail locations.

Per my statement points 1 and 3 are irrelevant to point 2 which I would love to know where you are getting your sales data from. Additionally we are just getting into jersey buying season as the draft has just completed so my point still stands about lead times not aligning with the wilson trade.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, willforgetmylogin said:

lololol "I'm going to make up some stats on this message board to sound like I know what I'm talking about."

Seems odd the Broncos introduced their draft picks with the orange jerseys. Seems like they would have introduced them in blue if Russell Wilson's running the show. 

• Like 10

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

13 minutes ago, willforgetmylogin said:

No, the team recently did a photo op. It was in all blues. I'm saying no more than that.

Photo ops mean nothing, just look at the Browns who didn't have pictures with their orange pants when they updated the unis in 2020.  Also, talking about the Browns, I hope that Color Rush uniform is in the trash bin. It looks like they decided to wear practice uniforms in a real game. 

Cleveland Browns Reveal New 2020 Uniforms - Back to Basics - Dawgs By Nature

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 3/31/2022 at 3:13 PM, willforgetmylogin said:

So, this could absolutely be nothing, but Russell Wilson released a video yesterday of his offseason preparation through his production company. Now just about any other player I wouldn't give this the time of day, but Russell's media team is infamous for being obsessive in everything they do, in fact note that while there seems to be a ton of bottles around him, all are from companies he's partnered with or sponsored by.

Which makes it at the very least curious what the production company chose to be on screen behind Russell mysteriously blurred out despite the control bar being pretty visible..

I'll let you all be the judge.

spacer.png

54 minutes ago, willforgetmylogin said:

I'm having a hard time reconciling your first 2 posts on this page. Not saying you're wrong on the mono blue or anything, but it just seems like you're seeing a photo and trying to report it as fact. A team doing a photo op in all blue means nothing. Carolina regularly does stuff in the light blue jerseys (even in TV commercials), but that is still secondary. Personally I'll wait for announcement. 

Edit to add: They've worn blue shorts in practice in the past. That's nothing new.

• Like 4