NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

53 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

Love the return to the three stripes but I’ve never really like the “saloon” wordmark. I’ve always preferred the outgoing one that came around in the 90’s. Not gonna complain too much though because they stripes are correct again.

I was gonna say the exact same thing. I liked that the previous wordmark matched the helmet logo. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Love it. It's not hard, folks. Just takes some common sense. (Talking to you Rams, Titans, Cardinals, Panthers, etc.)

The Panthers are wearing their Day 1 uniform set, what is the common sense move for them to make?

On the 49ers: I preferred the 2 stripes but the 3 stripes doesn't look bad. The 2 stripes matched the helmet and pants stripes and looked great. I also much preferred the previous wordmark.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

4 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

There's gotta be a story to why you follow those specific teams

Indeed there is!

Most who've known me around here for years know I grew up a Tampa Bay fan--in fact, my dang screen name around here used to be Buc. Still considering changing it back, especially in light of my beloved creamsicle orange coming back (that's the uniform I grew up with--the pewter and red showed up my sophomore year of high school). Oh and my cousin just so happens to be that team's all-time leading tackler and HoF alumnus--he wore #55. 

Jacksonville became my team B about six seconds after Jacksonville somehow won their expansion bid, being that Jacksonville is five hours east of my hometown (by the way, born-and-raised native Floridian here). So here's where things get interesting: I got sent into exile relocated to Indiana in 2010 (after living a year outside Baltimore. .after seven years living in Pittsburgh) and for four years followed the Colts since they were less than 15 minutes up the road from me. 2014 came and I moved down to Nashville...it took some doing but I decided to immerse myself into the Predators/Titans fandom (this was before Marcus Mariota was drafted, btw). Now you may be noticing a theme with the three teams: they're all in the same division. The part I left out was my short sojourn in Houston before all that--but I never once gave a passing thought to the Texans or any other Houston team. So I've actually covered the entire AFC South.

Fast forward to 2019 into 2020 and I moved up here to South Dakota. Funnily enough, there are LOTS of Jaguars fans up here, which completely dumbfounded me. Why? Well...people really like the color teal there. That's it. That's what I keep getting told...they like the colors. (As do I, as as been the case their entire existence.) So all that kinda circled me back around to breaking back out my Jacksonville swag. But none of that explains Minnesota...what does explain Minnesota is that a/ I've always kinda liked the Vikings (or at least never hated them, and that goes back to Warren Moon's time in Minnesota), and b/ where I live now is a little under four hours from MSP, so naturally I get all the Vikings games on network TV now.

So that's how that happened....and there's your story. 🙂

• Like 6

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, throwuascenario said:

The Panthers are wearing their Day 1 uniform set, what is the common sense move for them to make? 

Well, sorta. Except I can't remember the last time they just wore black jerseys and silver pants.  Instead, it's blue jerseys and white pants, or white jerseys and black pants, or some other stupid combination.  If they'd just wear their real uniform they'd be fine, but instead its a multi-matchy clown show.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

I'm absolutely in love with the 49ers changes. Sure, they're small - but they fix the two things I've been anal about since the 2009 set debuted.

141-1416835_san-francisco-49ers-logo-fon

I hated - hated - the "new" wordmark. Sure, the font matches the "SF" logo - but the "SF" logo is itself rather unremarkable, a holdover from 1950s-60s helmet logos. If not for the warm and fuzzy feelings from championship years past, they'd be better scrapping it and starting over. Basing the wordmark off an otherwise-subpar helmet logo is a bad move. I personally refused to buy any merch with this logo on it, and only own a few jerseys with this wordmark. It's just plain not good.

The "saloon" font is much, much, much better.

The truncated "Reebok stripes" in 2009 were a disaster from the get-go. The switch to two stripes in 2017 was a band-aid that looked okay but stopped just short of doing it for me - 3 stripes are perfect.

I'm ready to buy a new jersey immediately!

• Like 1

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

3 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Imagine if they said “we listened to the fans…” and brought this beauty back

spacer.png

I'm confused with this statement because they brought this logo to the fans and they rejected it swiftly and loudly hence the moniker "the one-day logo". Also from what I remember it was unveiled with a red mask at the press conference.

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

4 minutes ago, guest23 said:

I'm confused with this statement because they brought this logo to the fans and they rejected it swiftly and loudly hence the moniker "the one-day logo". Also from what I remember it was unveiled with a red mask at the press conference.

spacer.png

• Like 16

6 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

On the 49ers: I preferred the 2 stripes but the 3 stripes doesn't look bad. The 2 stripes matched the helmet and pants stripes and looked great. I also much preferred the previous wordmark.

To be fair, there's a fundamental here that is an issue both San Francisco and Carolina have had: use of jersey real estate. 

For the 49ers, it was fitting the classic triple stripe on the sleeves -- which clearly would fit

For the Panthers, trying to retain their original uniform actually just doesn't fit on the modern template. The contrasting collar is gaudy, the sleeve swoops don't work, and the jersey is so crowded near the shoulders that their TV numbers are the size of a laptop sticker. 

In both instances, it's not the concept of design at question, but the application of it. Both are no-brainers. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

For the Panthers, trying to retain their original uniform actually just doesn't fit on the modern template. The contrasting collar is gaudy, the sleeve swoops don't work, and the jersey is so crowded near the shoulders that their TV numbers are the size of a laptop sticker.

Agreed. I like the swoops on the sleeve, but I think they can do one color instead of two. I know that won't solve the issue, but I think the Panthers are trying to walk that fine line of changing the uniform, but also not making drastic changes, like the Browns did.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Wasn't happy with the change at first, as I liked what the Niners had going on using two stripes and the newer script; I had a gut feeling the old one would look somewhat goofy on the new jersey, but I'll give this a chance. I can understand how they are pretty much going all-in on a the classic uniforms and now the script. Wouldn't be surprised if they return to the more reddish logo from back in the day as their next step.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png