2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

3 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Pens' WC jersey is the first to use a squared version of the vintage-style shoulder yoke introduced by the Stars a few years ago.

Excited to see what these look like with the full uniform.

not afraid to admit the felt treatment on vintage/WC/fauxback crests and numbers gets me hot and bothered

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

19 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

This might belong in the unpopular opinion thread, but these jerseys should be the basis for the Sens' identity. (Albeit with the 2d Centurion logo)

That's definitely a popular opinion among a group of Sens fans. Back when the AHL team was in Binghamton they used a similar design for a few of their jerseys. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

I've said it a few times on here, but I'm not a huge fan of putting more emphasis on gold. Even though Ottawa had the design first, the sparkly gold stripes with laurels seems a bit derivative of Vegas's brand, especially since both teams use a gold-helmeted ancient warrior as their logo.

20 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

This might belong in the unpopular opinion thread, but these jerseys should be the basis for the Sens' identity. (Albeit with the 2d Centurion logo)

15 hours ago, CDCLT said:

Use the updated 2D centurion from the previous logo package, add the laurel pattern to the socks, and replace the hideous number font and that's the perfect Sens set.

Just wanna add my full-fledged agreement to. Both of these statements. Figure it out,  Ottawa.

15 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Pens' WC jersey is the first to use a squared version of the vintage-style shoulder yoke introduced by the Stars a few years ago.

Excited to see what these look like with the full uniform.

That design has Andrew Harrington written all over it. Of course I ain't a Pens fan, but if I were--& I had the scratch--I'd snatch one of those so doggone fast it wouldn't even be funny.

(And dang it, adidas...can y'all PLEASE hold onto the NHL contract beyond 2023, pretty please???)

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

4 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

That's definitely a popular opinion among a group of Sens fans. Back when the AHL team was in Binghamton they used a similar design for a few of their jerseys. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

I've said it a few times on here, but I'm not a huge fan of putting more emphasis on gold. Even though Ottawa had the design first, the sparkly gold stripes with laurels seems a bit derivative of Vegas's brand, especially since both teams use a gold-helmeted ancient warrior as their logo.

The Sens should use gold as a tertiary color, not secondary. Not to plug myself too hard, but this concept I made a few months ago is what I think the Senators should be wearing.

w6ckajvu55s81.png

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

On 12/1/2022 at 11:05 PM, riccirulesall said:

not afraid to admit the felt treatment on vintage/WC/fauxback crests and numbers gets me hot and bothered

Quoting for emphasis. 😂

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

4 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

The Wild Wing logo should come back, it's a classic.

The original colours? Not so sure. I would love for them to come back, especially as tech in colour matching has improved hugely, but they did win the Stanley Cup in black, gold and orange, so as long as they update some of the stalest uniforms in the NHL, I would be happy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

The Wild Wing logo should come back, it's a classic.

The original colours? Not so sure. I would love for them to come back, especially as tech in colour matching has improved hugely, but they did win the Stanley Cup in black, gold and orange, so as long as they update some of the stalest uniforms in the NHL, I would be happy.

Let’s be honest that’s probably the most forgettable Stanley cup win since 2000

• Yawn 1

Just now, Ridleylash said:

Eh, I'd say that goes to the Bolts/Habs series, personally.

It being in the bubble, back to back champs, and an original 6 team are all more reasons in themselves to be remembered more than 07. I had to look up who the played. It was the Senators that no one cares about, and it was right after Anaheim changed to the most boring uniforms in the league at the time.

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1