College Football 2022

Kevin W.

16 hours ago, WestCoastBias said:

Initial thoughts... I might like these more than the Smokey Grey's. Hope they just wear these only once a year.

More excited for whenever they bust out that orange helmet though. 

Aren't the Smokie's supposed to come back again this year, too? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

58 minutes ago, tron1013 said:

Arguably OT, but South Carolina is returning to its historic branding as USC, as opposed to the much maligned "UofSC" that was implemented in 2019. 

spacer.png

And, yes, I'm aware of the other USC's claim to that name. That being said:

spacer.png

IMO, there's only one USC and it isn't South Carolina.

• Like 5

Every time I spoke to guidance counselor in high school, I'd say I wanted to go to USC, then clarify that it wasn't the one that was close. I could be wearing a cardinal and gold sweater that says "USC Trojans" and people would still think I'm going to the worse Carolina.

• LOL 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

5 hours ago, tron1013 said:

Arguably OT, but South Carolina is returning to its historic branding as USC, as opposed to the much maligned "UofSC" that was implemented in 2019. 

And, yes, I'm aware of the other USC's claim to that name. That being said:

4 hours ago, WestCoastBias said:

IMO, there's only one USC and it isn't South Carolina.

2 hours ago, CDCLT said:

Every time I spoke to guidance counselor in high school, I'd say I wanted to go to USC, then clarify that it wasn't the one that was close. I could be wearing a cardinal and gold sweater that says "USC Trojans" and people would still think I'm going to the worse Carolina.

I wonder what the geographic limits of this are. I’ve lived in the West and the Midwest, and USC always meant Southern Cal (as Keith Jackson used to say). Does USC=Gamecocks extend much more beyond the Carolinas? 

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

24 minutes ago, Mingjai said:

I wonder what the geographic limits of this are. I’ve lived in the West and the Midwest, and USC always meant Southern Cal (as Keith Jackson used to say). Does USC=Gamecocks extend much more beyond the Carolinas? 

I didn't know South Carolina even went by USC until I started going on CFB Reddit in 2019. It was always SCAR in the NCAA Football video games.

I might be wrong about this, but I don't think USC likes being called Southern Cal despite how iconic Keith Jackson saying it is.

And speaking of university branding changes...

Cal or UC Berkeley? Brand experts contemplate a single name (sfchronicle.com)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WestCoastBias said:

I might be wrong about this, but I don't think USC likes being called Southern Cal despite how iconic Keith Jackson saying it is.

Yep, that’s why I qualified it. I remember my USC buddies would get so riled up hearing Keith Jackson say “Southern Cal.” Made me start using it too just to annoy them. 

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE