College Football 2022

Kevin W.

1 hour ago, WestCoastBias said:

I think this is their best uniform, I feel like they only wear the powder blue now though. 

usatsi_11274464.jpg

See--and this right here. This is a perfect example of a good uniform bucking "rules", in my eyes...going by the "rules", nothing about this uniform is supposed to work, but somehow, someway, it just does--I guess its the "whole looks better than the sum of its parts" thing. I can't explain it either, I stopped trying years ago, and this may be the only uniform I say this about, but this one just, well...works. 

That said, Ole Miss has had this mismatching thing (to include the "egg blue" helmet color) going on since at the early '60s and I guess just never bothered to correct it, so I suppose there's some "history" and "tradition" there...

Mike-Dennis-vs-LSU-copy.jpg

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

20 hours ago, WestCoastBias said:

I kind of like them so far, I guess I'm the only one? We'll see how they look on field, but I think the helmet is pretty good looking at least. Better than black right?

I think they'd be better with white pants. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It's about damn time Youngstown State put Pete the Penguin on their helmet. I get a kick out of oversized logos on helmets because it makes me think that the person who was making it on a paint program goofed up on the logo size.

Troy's helmet is okay... I don't remember them having script on their helmets before, though.

27 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Seems a player's leaked the existence of orange and black alternate helmets for Tennessee.

I feel like those could just be for recruiting visit pics. Seems weird they wouldn't put stripes on either helmet. 

Also, that Youngstown state helmet looks ridiculous. Might as well just put the use the whole beanie as a decal lol.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Michigan announced its Maize Out uniforms. Going monochrome in exactly the color you would expect from that name.

Navy blue. 

I miss the days when Michigan only wore yellow pants, at home and on the road. At least last week they got it right. 

WEZGAOM3LRCZFMS4WGNDUTIGNI.jpg

• Like 14

47 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Michigan announced its Maize Out uniforms. Going monochrome in exactly the color you would expect from that name.

Navy blue. 

Apparently in this case, "Maize out" means they're out of maize.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6

It's where I sit.

17 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

I feel like those could just be for recruiting visit pics. Seems weird they wouldn't put stripes on either helmet. 

The helmets are still in the box. They aren't fully decaled yet.

They're actually happening. Word is the alternate helmets have been scheduled and scrapped multiple times due to production issues. The orange lids were supposed to happen last year but they apparently couldn't get the color to match well.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

As someone who has lost some of the most important people in my life, I know it’s not my place to tell other people how to grieve.

That being said, this Utah helmet is one of the most ridiculous and selfish things I have ever seen. I hope to god they got the ok from the deceased’s families before doing this.

jNTsTyQ.png

42 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Oklahoma-Kansas looks like crap and it’s surprising not the Jayhawks’ fault

Oklahoma shouldn't be wearing anthracite. It really doesn't make any sense, Unity theme or otherwise, except that it's a "cool" color. 

Also, are those numbers reflective? I don't recall Nike ever doing that before at this scale, at least outside of Oregon and TCU. Looks worse than how Adidas does it IMO. Just comes off as tacky. I guess it was an attempt to trying and circumnavigate the whole visibility issue it really doesn't help much.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)