College Football 2022

Kevin W.

13 minutes ago, HopewellJones said:

Michigan has the best uniforms in the country. 

love that they’ve found out a good way for alternates that are just simple color swaps. Seems to be an unpopular opinion but I love the white pants with the away uniform. Not too maize-heavy, and the stripes mimic the back of the helmet nicely. 

Their regular blue/maize uniforms are in the conversation for best uniform. These bland, monochrome unitards are far from it. I even like the white pants with the away jersey, but these blue pants are just terrible, home and away.

• Like 6

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, burgundy said:

Their regular blue/maize uniforms are in the conversation for best uniform. These bland, monochrome unitards are far from it. I even like the white pants with the away jersey, but these blue pants are just terrible, home and away.

Not a big fan of white over blue, but I dig the all-blue for 1 home game a year. 

1 hour ago, HopewellJones said:

Not a big fan of white over blue, but I dig the all-blue for 1 home game a year. 

Problem is that they've made a habit of wearing blue pants with the blue jerseys in marquee games. Think of the last three times they played a top-10 team wearing blue.

2021 vs. Ohio State

2021 vs. Georgia

Now today. Even the B1G CG last year, they were wearing blue pants with the white jerseys.

If you want these change-of-paces, I understand, but they shouldn't be against Ohio State and in NY6 games and just generally top-10 vs. top-10 matchups. It should be for the non-conference home games or low-relevance conference home games.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Tennessee Vs. Alabama was an amazing game, both in terms of play and uniforms. I don't see why the Vols switched away from their checker-stripe pants this set was introduced with, but the classic stripes don't look bad by any means. I'd prefer they go back, just because it matches the helmet and more modern block font without being too garish, but they could look a lot worse.

Alabama always looks amazing, though admittedly their classic look feels a bit boring to me. That being said, I'll always take classic boring over modern boring. (simple stripes, plain jerseys, helmet numbers, 2-3 combos as opposed to solid-color pants, more outlandish jersey stripes, wacky helmets, several mix-and-match combos plus horrible alternates).

• Like 2

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

These East Carolina throwback sets are SHARP.  The announcers mentioned a senior student at ECU designed them, Will Somebody

Meanwhile Memphis out there looking like the Memphinnati Jungle Kats... 

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

These East Carolina throwback sets are SHARP.  The announcers mentioned a senior student at ECU designed them, Will Somebody

Meanwhile Memphis out there looking like the Memphinnati Jungle Kats... 

Yeah, these are really nice uniforms. Your comment reminded me that they were wearing them tonight, so I just tuned in. (Happy surprise that it's a close game, too.) The archetypal ECU uniform, for me at least, has a purple helmet. One of my earliest non-WVU/non-Big East college football memories was an ECU/NC State game from the early-ish 90s. And I liked the Vikings because they wore purple, so I took a passing interest in ECU then too.

spacer.png

Those uniforms are similar to the ones they're wearing tonight, so they resonate with me on multiple levels.

As for Memphis, I feel like they do this a lot with the colors they choose to use: Sometimes they completely eschew blue. There was a bowl game a few years ago where Memphis wore grey and white. This time, it's black and white. I'm not sure what the thinking is, unless they just like keeping their various uniform designs to a single color and white? Haha.

Here's what tonight's game looks like, for context. (There is a dearth of photos for this game. Memphis has black pants, since this is best shot I could find of their uniforms, in-game.):

spacer.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

Yeah, these are really nice uniforms. Your comment reminded me that they were wearing them tonight, so I just tuned in. (Happy surprise that it's a close game, too.) The archetypal ECU uniform, for me at least, has a purple helmet. One of my earliest non-WVU/non-Big East college football memories was an ECU/NC State game from the early-ish 90s. And I liked the Vikings because they wore purple, so I took a passing interest in ECU then too.

spacer.png

Those uniforms are similar to the ones they're wearing tonight, so they resonate with me on multiple levels.

As for Memphis, I feel like they do this a lot with the colors they choose to use: Sometimes they completely eschew blue. There was a bowl game a few years ago where Memphis wore grey and white. This time, it's black and white. I'm not sure what the thinking is, unless they just like keeping their various uniform designs to a single color and white? Haha.

Here's what tonight's game looks like, for context. (There is a dearth of photos for this game. Memphis has black pants, since this is best shot I could find of their uniforms, in-game.):

spacer.png

Just a great look for ECU. They’ve looked so bad for so many years that I hope they consider this for a regular spot in the rotation. 

19 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

Wow, just seeing this. It’s a cool tribute and I know that means a lot to that program. But in a vacuum that has to be the worst helmet in the history of the sport right?

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

29 minutes ago, JTernup said:

Wow, just seeing this. It’s a cool tribute and I know that means a lot to that program. But in a vacuum that has to be the worst helmet in the history of the sport right?

well...

Youngstown State throws down the gauntlet with their penguin helmets -  SBNation.com 

BYU Football Unveils New Custom Helmet For Arkansas Game

Youngstown State and BYU did this in the same week as Utah, so maybe not? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

AmPJ0Ty.png 

1 hour ago, colinturner95 said:

well...

Youngstown State throws down the gauntlet with their penguin helmets -  SBNation.com 

this Youngstown State helmet kicks ass and I will die on this hill. it's oversized beyond logic and campy as all hell, and I love it. 

if any other school tried this with any other logo I would absolutely hate it. this is a work of art. 

• Like 5

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

16 hours ago, colinturner95 said:

well...

BYU Football Unveils New Custom Helmet For Arkansas Game

Youngstown State and BYU did this in the same week as Utah, so maybe not? 

I hate those too but Youngstown is a shrunk logo away from perfection. BYU's is awful but it utilizes the team mascot and looks well done. Utah's tribute looks like an airbrushed t-shirt from a suburban mall that should've been torn down 10 years ago. It also has a helmet stripe that ends abruptly into an oversized version of the memorial logo. It's got snow or stars all over it that clashes badly with the photorealism of the players. They are wearing a uniform on the helmet that is one that Utah should wear a lot more but frequently eschews for subpar alternates while wearing a subpar all black uniform in their biggest home game of the season. And, the potentially unpopular opinion, I think it is a really weird precedent for the program to set placing people on their helmets as a memorial and selling tons of 22 forever merchandise. It makes ASU and their Pat Tillman tributes look restrained.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators