College Football 2022

Kevin W.

1 hour ago, RyanMcD29 said:

Syracuse with the clash kit white helmet for the showdown vs. Clemson this weekend

Game's gonna look like an intrasquad scrimmage...

...Btw, Syracuse now has my favorite [primarily] orange CFB uniforms in the country. Just to throw that out there.. 

• Like 6

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 10/19/2022 at 9:36 PM, tBBP said:

Game's gonna look like an intrasquad scrimmage...

...Btw, Syracuse now has my favorite [primarily] orange CFB uniforms in the country. Just to throw that out there.. 

Clemson could just surprise us with their purple jerseys. 

• Like 1

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

23 minutes ago, lahaye7 said:

And if they still have them, their purple pants. It feels like I haven't seen Clemson in purple pants since forever. (Also, possibly unpopular opinion, but Clemson doesn't use purple anywhere near enough for it and orange being the unique colorway that it is....)

• Like 5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, lahaye7 said:

edit: Clemson has worn purple jerseys far more often in recent years than I remember. It seems like whenever I've watched  Clemson the last 8 years or so they wore orange but apparently I'm not watching them enough. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, WestCoastBias said:

I strongly disagree. 

But I will say that these...

spacer.png

are way better than these...

spacer.png

But they look basically the same

I like the gold and navy better. It looks sleek and not as cartoony. If I had to choose between the currents and throwback I will take the current ones because of the colored unique numbers and shade of royal blue

• Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, ripall90 said:

how about florida's orange jersey?

Orange was the primary throughout the 80s, only changing back to blue once Spurrier arrived (since he wore blue jerseys as a player here). Since then, it's been a periodic alternate, usually worn against either Kentucky, LSU, or a cupcake OOC opponent. However, this year they're not scheduled to appear at all.

• Like 1

ExJworW.png

1 hour ago, ripall90 said:

But they look basically the same

I like the gold and navy better. It looks sleek and not as cartoony. If I had to choose between the currents and throwback I will take the current ones because of the colored unique numbers and shade of royal blue

I think the new number font is hideous, it ruins the uniform.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

edit: Clemson has worn purple jerseys far more often in recent years than I remember. It seems like whenever I've watched  Clemson the last 8 years or so they wore orange but apparently I'm not watching them enough. 

I believe they wear purple only once a year

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WestCoastBias said:

I think the new number font is hideous, it ruins the uniform.

eh. I don't mind them. They were based on the tower of learning on their campus. I prefer the previous block numbers since it incorporates the pointed arch more subtly. Also I prefer the yellow numbers with the white outlines because yellow thin outlines on white looks muddy. Also it keeps it more consistent with the helmet logo which is white outlined color script. The throwback is inconsistent with the script on the color since that is yellow instead of white

1 hour ago, ripall90 said:

eh. I don't mind them. They were based on the tower of learning on their campus. I prefer the previous block numbers since it incorporates the pointed arch more subtly. Also I prefer the yellow numbers with the white outlines because yellow thin outlines on white looks muddy. Also it keeps it more consistent with the helmet logo which is white outlined color script. The throwback is inconsistent with the script on the color since that is yellow instead of white

That's too much design on the number font, the simpler the better. I also don't think logo and number colors/outlines have to be that consistent on a football uniform but hey that's why they're called opinions.

3 hours ago, WestCoastBias said:

I believe they wear purple only once a year

Yeah for some reason I thought Dabo retired the purple jerseys years ago but nope 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, WestCoastBias said:

That's too much design on the number font, the simpler the better. I also don't think logo and number colors/outlines have to be that consistent on a football uniform but hey that's why they're called opinions.

I mean I think making the tops and bottoms into arch points is one of the least obtrusive ways to incorporate something iconic into the numbers. And for me me when looking at unis with a fine tooth comb I would say inconsistencies and redundancies are a big deal. I also generally prefer custom number fonts that match a school or team branding than generic block font. I don't love every custom number font and prefer block over bad numbers but block font like this doesn't bother me. Another issue I have is putting the TV numbers on the side for no real reason and leaving the top of the shoulder pads bare. 

I would be willing to apply the yellow and blue over the 2010 uniforms. That would look better than the current set 

13 hours ago, ripall90 said:

Another issue I have is putting the TV numbers on the side for no real reason and leaving the top of the shoulder pads bare. 

That’s an odd take, to me.  In my grumpy old man view of uniforms, the only reason to put numbers on the shoulders, in fact the only reason any team ever put their numbers on the shoulders, is the the sleeves were occupied with stripes or logos. In my mind, if there’s nothing happening on a jersey from the side view other than TV numbers, they should always go on the sleeve.  Shoulder numbers are just an unfortunate compromise we’ve made to the shrinking jersey. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That’s an odd take, to me.  In my grumpy old man view of uniforms, the only reason to put numbers on the shoulders, in fact the only reason any team ever put their numbers on the shoulders, is the the sleeves were occupied with stripes or logos. In my mind, if there’s nothing happening on a jersey from the side view other than TV numbers, they should always go on the sleeve.  Shoulder numbers are just an unfortunate compromise we’ve made to the shrinking jersey. 

And speaking of stripes, Pitt should just get rid of the TV numbers altogether and go with sleeve stripes instead. 

• Like 1

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE