College Football 2022

Kevin W.

North Carolina looks great in all blue against Pitt (great matchup).

Texas Tech looks good in the throwbacks. 

Fresno State looks like UConn in all navy. I don’t mind navy for them, but they look better in all red. 

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

21 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Michigan in all blue is not as good a look as the yellow britches.

its not great, at least they were wearing the yellow socks to add a bit of color.  

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

5 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Going back to block is such a massive upgrade aside from that one detail. On TV it looks like they don't have an outline at all.

That was my exact thought when I saw them vs Florida yesterday. The outline was so faint from afar, and making that change would make them look proper.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chtucker18 said:

Might be USC throwbacks this weekend 

I'd be happy if they decided to wear throwbacks.  Could be a nod to the 1972 team that won the national championship (with a Rose Bowl win over Ohio State).  The wore the sleeve stripes for ~30 years...wouldn't mind seeing them come back for a game. 

1973 Rose Bowl #3 Ohio State (9-1) vs. #1 USC (11-0) Part 1 - YouTube

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 10/30/2022 at 12:08 PM, Magic Dynasty said:

Going back to block is such a massive upgrade aside from that one detail. On TV it looks like they don't have an outline at all.

If the outline thickness is different, it’s the smallest of differences. Georgia hasn’t really had a particularly thick outline aside from a brief period where they had a drop shadow (similar to the Dolphins, Auburn, and everyone else at the time). I believe Georgia never had number outlines until the early 1990s.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I haven’t quite been able to put my finger on it, but something about the new block numbers just feels off. I’ve wondered if they were an in-house job instead of Nike shipping the numbers pre-applied. You know how you can look at a number font and immediately know if it’s Nike, Under Armour, or back when it was Starter or Wilson? I forget who the manufacturer was but there was a company that had a specific looking #2 that all their teams had. The number weight feels different to me than other Nike block teams. I also liked how our pre-Bulldog Bold sleeve numbers were very thin. They were easier to read and also felt like a distinctive feature of the Bulldogs block numbers at the time. Now they’re just a shrunk down version of the chest numbers. I’m sure Nike is due for a template change soon so maybe we’ll see an update over the next couple years.

On 10/29/2022 at 11:19 AM, aawagner011 said:

Ole Miss wearing the powder blue lids with white tops and bottoms. Gray pants would be better but still decent.

Georgia with a special helmet decal to honor Charley Trippi who passed away about a week and a half ago. Legendary coach Vince Dooley also passed away last night and the team said they wouldn’t have enough time to do anything for this today’s game but expect them to have something in place the next week.

A new worst uniform candidate has entered the chat.

Also, Auburn is in orange masks again. They have been mixing the masks up so much that there’s no consistency anymore, from a program who used to leave their uniforms alone for decades at a time. Lately, they seem to alternate between orange and navy masks at home and tend to prefer white masks on the road.

Edit- here are the first on field looks at FSU. Horrendous. Disgusting. An abomination. No other words.

That white helmet doesn't need to exist at all, but if you're gonna do that AT LEAST wear white pants too.

• Like 1

That's a very appropriate logo for Coach. Imagine we're going to see the student section decked out in button ups and red ties. 

Also lol at the folks in the comment section inadvertently calling out the athletic department and Nike by asking for silver britches again. 

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

My question is if UGA is actually going to wear black jerseys this year -- the previous ones with the dog collar and alternate logo on the sleeves looked too amateurish for me, so the ones they unveiled a great return to what it should be. 

Guess the only chance we have of getting it is Senior Day vs. Georgia Tech, which is fine w/ be because there's no way UGA doesn't win by 30+

5 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

My question is if UGA is actually going to wear black jerseys this year -- the previous ones with the dog collar and alternate logo on the sleeves looked too amateurish for me, so the ones they unveiled a great return to what it should be. 

Guess the only chance we have of getting it is Senior Day vs. Georgia Tech, which is fine w/ be because there's no way UGA doesn't win by 30+

Wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see them at all this year. Coach Smart seems to keep the status quo and not mess with the alternates as long as the team is winning. The only times they’ve worn black was 2016 (after several losses) and twice in the 2020 season after two losses. If the season is going well (2017, 2018, 2019, 2021) with a shot at a title, he hasn’t allowed them to wear black. There was also the 1980 throwback in the 2020 opener but that one was more for the 40th anniversary of that team so I don’t think it holds the same weight as the black jerseys do.

Oregon State is finally wearing black/cream/black for Friday’s game at Washington:

This is the 4th season for this uni set, but this’ll be the first time they’ve mixed and matched the black and cream uni pieces. Black/white/black is a classic road look for them, so I’m glad they’re finally breaking it out with this set.

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1