College Football 2022

Kevin W.

On 11/4/2022 at 10:48 AM, upperV03 said:

Cal is breaking out new road throwbacks tomorrow at USC and they’re absolutely gorgeous:

They’ve worn the blue Joe Roth throwbacks at home vs. whichever one of USC or UCLA they have on the schedule (should see them vs. UCLA in 3 weeks) , but now they have the matching road set that’ll presumably be reserved for their trips to LA from now on. Gonna be an absolutely gorgeous matchup in the Coliseum tomorrow.

They looked amazing in the yellow lids tonight. That should really be their full time look going forward. 

• Like 1

On 10/31/2022 at 8:56 AM, WSU151 said:

I'd be happy if they decided to wear throwbacks.  Could be a nod to the 1972 team that won the national championship (with a Rose Bowl win over Ohio State).  The wore the sleeve stripes for ~30 years...wouldn't mind seeing them come back for a game. 

1973 Rose Bowl #3 Ohio State (9-1) vs. #1 USC (11-0) Part 1 - YouTube

A bit disappointed that USC wore their regular uniforms last night (with regular endzones)...I'm not sure what the point was of USC's social media getting everyone all excited about retro graphics if it was just the status quo on the field. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

A bit disappointed that USC wore their regular uniforms last night (with regular endzones)...I'm not sure what the point was of USC's social media getting everyone all excited about retro graphics if it was just the status quo on the field. 

Might have to do with it being their homecoming game.

• Like 1

I’ve grown really tired of Boise State’s current set. The black uni is obviously the worst of the bunch, but I just don’t care for the slanted stripes anymore and especially dislike the overemphasis of silver.  Doesn’t help that the slanted stripes are one of the most commonly used catalog/Nike Team designs. Can’t tell you how many high schools I’ve seen using it, and even other universities like Bowling Green and Toledo (don’t think Toledo uses it anymore, but they did).

• Like 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

19 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Boise State Duke Memphis BYU SMU looks like crap

spacer.png

This is straight out of NCAA Football 08 create-a-team. 

Meanwhile I can’t believe Boise saw those trash Nike NFL collars after the Reebok switchover and they’re like “man, we really need one of those”

• Like 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

Might have to do with it being their homecoming game.

Which seems like a great weekend to debut a throwback uni.

Several dozen other schools celebrate homecoming without pretending like it’s 50 years ago on social media, so USC didn’t have to do it.

They dipped their toes in the water and decided that was good enough, when everyone wanted them to jump in the pool. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Boise State really needs to wear plain jerseys -- their horse logo and colors do enough. Even keep the number font, but take off the slanted sleeve stripes and drop silver. 

Should wear all-blue at home and white-over-orange on the road with alternates sprinkled in every once in a while. 

But alas, in this era, not being able to wear a different uniform every week makes you obsolete.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I’ve grown really tired of Boise State’s current set. The black uni is obviously the worst of the bunch, but I just don’t care for the slanted stripes anymore and especially dislike the overemphasis of silver.  Doesn’t help that the slanted stripes are one of the most commonly used catalog/Nike Team designs. Can’t tell you how many high schools I’ve seen using it, and even other universities like Bowling Green and Toledo (don’t think Toledo uses it anymore, but they did).

It was bizarre (to me at least) that it became a catalog option less than a year of BSU revealing the uniforms. 

17 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Boise State really needs to wear plain jerseys -- their horse logo and colors do enough. Even keep the number font, but take off the slanted sleeve stripes and drop silver. 

Should wear all-blue at home and white-over-orange on the road with alternates sprinkled in every once in a while. 

But alas, in this era, not being able to wear a different uniform every week makes you obsolete.

Unpopular opinion possibly: 

nike-pro-combat-2011-uniform-boise-state-broncos-05.jpg?_ga=2.211920210.754298024.1667835528-582410263.1667835528

The Pro Combat uniforms (not the grey ones. love them, but just a little too much going on for regular use) were a good starting point to go off of. The stripes were better than what they replaced but they've gotten stale real quick. 

• Like 1

AmPJ0Ty.png 

3 hours ago, heavybass said:

Oh no.

Oh Yeah Surprise GIF

In all honesty though, I like it. I think it's nice to pay homage to certain mascots, and this doesn't go too over the top. Let's be honest, we've seen worse gimmicks and ideas. The visor in the video is a nice touch, even if it is only for show. Brilliantly done here by WKU.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)