College Football 2022

Kevin W.

Black Friday always reminds me that, taking away the fact that the Hawkeyes' uniforms are straight Steelers rip-offs, the Nebraska-Iowa game is one of the most underrated uniform matchups between the beautiful color contrast and no-nonsense, classic designs.

Iowa football's Nebraska loss likely dashes Big Ten West title hopes

• Like 10

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Arizona and Tempe Normal went back to tradition this year and it was glorious. 

Next year’s game needs to be white-white-blue vs. mustard-rust-mustard to keep the trend going. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The Miami hurricanes did not end up wearing their latest Miami nights uniform. The one with the lime green numbers. Not sure if it’s cause the season was a mess or whatever or if it will be used in the future or just be a phantom uniform.

• Facepalm 2
KISSwall09.jpg

2 hours ago, hormone said:

The Miami hurricanes did not end up wearing their latest Miami nights uniform. The one with the lime green numbers. Not sure if it’s cause the season was a mess or whatever or if it will be used in the future or just be a phantom uniform.

I think it's cause Cristobal wants Miami to look as traditional as possible. We only wore the green jerseys once and didn't even wear green pants. 

• Like 2

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

2 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:
2 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

I think it's cause Cristobal wants Miami to look as traditional as possible. We only wore the green jerseys once and didn't even wear green pants. 

Didn’t even realize they didn’t wear green pants. That’s a bigger omission for me over the black. I like white/green for an alt. I didn’t think coaches called the uniform shots anymore. Thought it was all the manufacturers. So, Mario is a basic like Al golden?

EDIT no clue how double quotes happened here

• Like 1
KISSwall09.jpg

1 hour ago, hormone said:

Didn’t even realize they didn’t wear green pants. That’s a bigger omission for me over the black. I like white/green for an alt. I didn’t think coaches called the uniform shots anymore. Thought it was all the manufacturers. So, Mario is a basic like Al golden?

EDIT no clue how double quotes happened here

Golden definitely wasn't basic. Miami actually switched up the combos quite often under him. 

But AFAIK, coaches usually make uniform decisions. There's PJ Fleck who's well.known for it, but I'd imagine most of the G5 coaches make uniform decisions too. 

• Like 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Here’s a cool article about how Georgia partners with a local shop to repair damaged jerseys for sustainability. There are some up close images that show how they restitch rips and fix patches so that the garments last longer and they don’t have to reorder product.

https://news.uga.edu/community-threads/?utm_medium=social&utm_content=video_link&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=news_release

spacer.png

The local shop, “Community,” has an Instagram page and leaked when black jerseys would be worn in the 2020 season. They put up a story showing the “Together, Equality” patches getting sewn on in the days leading up to the Miss State game. The team didn’t officially announce the black jerseys until an hour or two before kickoff. I check their page every so often for hopes of more black jersey leaks!

• Like 6
  • Love 1

On 11/27/2022 at 10:42 AM, GriffinM6 said:

I don’t normally root for Miami but I will he from here on out so he becomes coach forever. We need more Cristobals in FBS. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience