College Football 2022

Kevin W.

BYU announced updated blackout uniforms for Shamrock Series game vs Notre Dame. I’m a fan of BYU’s traditional uniforms, so not a fan of the gradient helmet. But at least they’re not using the inverted colored logo (white oval, blue Y) they normally use with their blue helmets.

https://twitter.com/BYUfootball/status/1576934572448567298?s=20&t=Mn8vNFHQXQW7p7nkpmCyiQ

spacer.png

Here are BYU’s previous blackout uniforms:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Hurl 2
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 1

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

19 hours ago, Mingjai said:

BYU announced updated blackout uniforms for Shamrock Series game vs Notre Dame. I’m a fan of BYU’s traditional uniforms, so not a fan of the gradient helmet. But at least they’re not using the inverted colored logo (white oval, blue Y) they normally use with their blue helmets.

https://twitter.com/BYUfootball/status/1576934572448567298?s=20&t=Mn8vNFHQXQW7p7nkpmCyiQ

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

That's a shame. This would've been a great looking game if BYU were wearing royal. 

• Like 4

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I love the helmet details. That's about it.

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 10/3/2022 at 1:44 PM, Mingjai said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I was hoping for a royal jersey with black numbers

spacer.png

On 10/3/2022 at 3:06 PM, Mingjai said:

Yeah. Rumor among BYU fans was 1996 throwbacks. But alas…

spacer.png

would have preferred this too, BYU IS WEARING BLACK SO THEY ARE TAKING THIS MATCHUP VERY SERIOUSLY YOU GUYS.  Ok I feel better 

• LOL 1

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

3 minutes ago, RealSimsShadY said:

Right, but no more than what they have on their black jerseys. They need more white on those

White numbers on black is far more contrast (in fact, the most contrast) than black numbers on blue.  The numbers on the black jersey probably aren't blue for a reason. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 minutes ago, RealSimsShadY said:

Agreed. White on black looks better. I don't like the stripes on the black jerseys.

The blue side of this jersey, or something similar. Would have to match the stripes, etc., but the royal with black would look so good with their royal helmet. I'm aware this is not the same shade of royalspacer.png

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, RealSimsShadY said:

The blue side of this jersey, or something similar. Would have to match the stripes, etc., but the royal with black would look so good with their royal helmet. I'm aware this is not the same shade of royalspacer.png

black on royal does not look good and the NCAA would toss this because you can't make it out on TV. Swapping white numbers with black trim makes more sense and is a cleaner looking uniform. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 10/4/2022 at 4:33 PM, TGroce said:

Unique at least, but what is it throwing back to exactly? I haven't seen Yale pictured in anything comparable in my limited research...

I'm assuming it's based off of this (early 1880s), just with added numbers: 

Yale_football_team_1882.jpg

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

14 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Oregon going with their eggshell uniforms against Arizona.

Some people are asking me on Twitter if these are an updated version for 2022 with darker shoulder accents; I can confirm that they’re the exact same as last year. The dark lighting in these pics doesn’t reflect off the silver as much, making the shoulder design appear darker. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1