College Football 2022

Kevin W.

19 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

You know the skyline trend has jumped the shark when MOBILE friggin ALABAMA has jumped on (also what is with the jester cat?)

Something to do with Mardi Gras I think. Mobile claims to be the home of the first (unofficial) Mardi Gras, so just a nod to the city culture.

• Like 2

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

25 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

You know the skyline trend has jumped the shark when MOBILE friggin ALABAMA has jumped on (also what is with the jester cat?)

True, but the incorporation of the USS Alabama in the logo is a nice nod to Battleship Memorial Park.

Ok, I'm not usually a big fan of over-dramatic/produced/themed reveal videos/photos for a weekly uniform unveiling, but Duke football showcasing Cameron Indoor Stadium is actually kinda cool.

I don't like the plain white helmet though. Really needs the stripe back.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

17 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Ok, I'm not usually a big fan of over-dramatic/produced/themed reveal videos/photos for a weekly uniform unveiling, but Duke football showcasing Cameron Indoor Stadium is actually kinda cool.

I don't like the plain white helmet though. Really needs the stripe back.

This also makes a lot of sense within the context of this season, specifically: Duke is 3-0 and they're playing Kansas today, who is also 3-0. So it's undefeated Duke vs. undefeated Kansas in football. It's a fun tie-in/idea.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Mono gray on the gray for Eastern Michigan!!! I love it.

Doesn't the MAC have a rule about jerseys blending in with the turf? Because gray jerseys on that field is going to be a nightmare for any poor sap watching the game there or on TV (It'll be on CBS Sports Network)

On 9/23/2022 at 9:20 AM, WSU151 said:

Washington State going "all anthracite" as if it's still 2015:

Meanwhile the Vols will forgo the "smoky grey" unis that they wore in their most recent win against the Gators in 2016.

spacer.png

Instead going for their usual orange unis with white helmets and pants.

• Like 1

Morning Slot games 

Mich vs Maryland- C- 

Marylands details get lost at a distance and the Maize accessories for UM look gross

Wake vs Clemson- B

Clemson away always looks solid. I’ve gotten used to Wakes chrome gold helmets, all black wouldn’t have looked that much better. 

Mizzou vs Auburn- B-

Both uniforms look solid on their own, just not a lot of color pop. Could’ve used more orange or yellow somewhere. 

Iowa State vs Baylor- C- (almost a D+)

I’m so bored with both of these uniforms. Lame. 

CMU vs Penn State- C

Wasn’t expecting a lot, didn’t get a lot. Whole lotta white.

BGSU vs Miss State- B+
BGSU looks surprisingly good, LOTS of color and really slick helmets. Cool throwbacks for state. At least interesting details to look at. 

TCU vs SMU- B
I think SMU’s Dallas set is kinda overrated, but contrast nicely with TCUs colors. Restrained on TCUs end, I love the helmets. 

KU vs Duke- D+

Pttttthhhhh. Duke looks awful, I was actually hoping Kansas used red to differentiate from Duke but this ain’t it.

• Like 1