College Football 2022

Kevin W.

2 hours ago, _RH_ said:

FSU wore white helmets last time ... first time ever?

What went right, what went wrong on defense for Seminoles vs. Louisville -  Tomahawk Nation

FSU vs. Louisville: Halftime updates, score, stream, news - Tomahawk Nation

Previous road looks:

RIGHT AT HOME

Florida State vs. Miami (Oct. 9, 2010)

So to recap:

-helmet color is clear downgrade over gold

-facemask color is clear downgrade over red

-helmet logo is not improved, IMO a downgrade since it changed a classic

-jersey design (patterns around collar and sleeves) is clear downgrade over previous set

-font is a tossup (both unique enough but not too wild)

-pant color is clear downgrade over either gold or red

-logo on hip is smaller now

If anyone responds in emojis or says something about ice ... I'll smite thee!

I'm glad you posted this comparison, because...it only underscores how much I wish my Seminoles would get back to the former garnet hue and metallic gold pants. I've never cared for the updates garnet; I know Nike switched it up to get it more in line with their proprietary stock fabric colors (same reason every one of their big-name D1 schools that have "gold" as a color now wear the washed-out khaki shade), but it's always appeared either too dark or too purple for my tastes. As for the number font...granted, Glades Bold only came out either '97 or '98, and yes I do miss it at times, but I can love with the Unconquered font. That said, the pattern on their sleeves needs to go; having it on their collars (and sleeve cuffs, if they ever add them back) is enough to update tradition.

Now, about that spear...the new spear is absolutely an upgrade over the previous one...much cleaner and thicker line work. (That said, like @GFB said, if they must don white helmets, they could have at least colored the white parts gold.)

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

16 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Oregon’s uniforms look dark brown on my TV.  

They’re terrible. 

This has been my lone gripe with the Nightmare green color since it debuted back in 2019. In person it generally looks like it’s supposed to look, like a very dark green, but on TV (especially during a day game), it can and often does have a a brownish tint to it. The Ducks had the same issue back when they used to use forest green (Michigan State used to have the same problem), but it’s more pronounced with this darker shade. I’m a big fan of the Nightmare green color, and have been since it debuted, but they need to tweak the fabric swatch to more reliably look like it’s intended to look regardless of lighting conditions. The helmets are pretty consistent in how the color shows in different lighting, but the fabric needs to be a closer match. They also should try and make sure that these are only worn for night games, because that’s when they look the closest to their actual color.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

41 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

This has been my lone gripe with the Nightmare green color since it debuted back in 2019. In person it generally looks like it’s supposed to look, like a very dark green, but on TV (especially during a day game), it can and often does have a a brownish tint to it. The Ducks had the same issue back when they used to use forest green (Michigan State used to have the same problem), but it’s more pronounced with this darker shade. I’m a big fan of the Nightmare green color, and have been since it debuted, but they need to tweak the fabric swatch to more reliably look like it’s intended to look regardless of lighting conditions. The helmets are pretty consistent in how the color shows in different lighting, but the fabric needs to be a closer match. They also should try and make sure that these are only worn for night games, because that’s when they look the closest to their actual color.

Nike’s dark colored matte fabrics all suffer from this problem. Navy blue schools like sometimes BYU or maroon schools like Minnesota have jerseys that seem one shade darker than they should be. Back when the fabrics had some sheen, these colors looked more rich and saturated. From a physics perspective, it’s like the matte absorb too many adjacent color frequencies.

• Like 2

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

3 hours ago, NH4 said:

Wisconsin going with the all red tomato look for the first time in awhile 

I  remember this look being worn in the 80s, I think, with the block W. Would like to see these worn in a cold overcast weather game with sleeves 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

23 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Georgia debuted their white jersey with block numbers today.

spacer.png

if these contrasting collars get any larger (UGa and Gophers i.e.) we will accidentally have the 1967 Steelers look to unis 

Edited by lahaye7
I'm dumb

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Mizzou’s current uniforms are a mess. I did not like the previous set, but at least they had a cohesive identity with well thought out design. They looked like Nike treated them as one of their premier college teams, whereas now it looks like a jumbled teamwear catalog order.

1) super modern font which clashes with classic stripes

2) the ever changing helmets and decals (they can’t decide on the tiger, the block M, the scripts, the diamond stripes, the regular stripes, I could go on)

3) the home jersey without a wordmark compared to the away jersey wordmark visible from space

4) the home jersey with a comically large SEC patch (compared to other SEC teams) while the away jersey has a comically small SEC patch

5) the captain’s patch placement (take a look below, in one instance the SEC patch is quite literally overlapping the captain’s patch, in another instance you can see the captain’s patch fonts are different from the home jersey to the road jersey)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5