College Football 2022

Kevin W.

I’ve been curious to see what Georgia would do with its field design. Since 2013, the Bulldog Bold font was used for the yard markers and endzones, which looked like this:

spacer.png

The new design will retain the Bulldog Bold endzones but use the new block numbers for the yard markers. It looks like they may have also corrected the proportions of the G midfield logo. The last few years, the white outline has been disproportionately thicker than it should be.

spacer.png

This design is a bit of an inverse of the days before Bulldog Bold. For a while, Sanford Stadium had block endzone wordmarks and curved yard markers in a traditional style font.

spacer.png

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

If I could even get them back in that standard green from the Belotti era, that deep green shell, and maybe even some loud yellow accents from the neck down, they could try to do a 2022 version of the Joey Harrington era unis. I would eat that up. 

I've long wondered why Oregon football hasn't gotten back to using the same font the rest of their teams do, especially considering the football team is the one that introduced it in the first place. 

56 minutes ago, NH4 said:

Florida State is going all white 

I don't know how I want to feel about this. I mean, they've had these white helmets (or at least a prototype of it) around since Taggart was still there, so I've seen the combo once. That said, aside from the Unconquered black sets (and one or two other one-offs from that Pro Combat phase about a decade back), FSU has done well to stay away from the unnecessary alt stuff. White-on-white is a rare enough combo for the Seminoles that I don't know that I want the white helmet with it. That said, if they win at Louisville, I guarantee it won't be the last we see of the 🧊 ⬜️ Seminoles...and again, I don't know how I want to feel about that yet...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, NH4 said:

All this ICE 🥶❄️🧊 verbiage makes me want to go out and burn all the all-white uniforms I see. It was niche a couple of times, but the constant use of it is annoying and obnoxious.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

44 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I've long wondered why Oregon football hasn't gotten back to using the same font the rest of their teams do, especially considering the football team is the one that introduced it in the first place. 

None of Oregon’s teams use the number font that you’re referring to anymore. As of 2020/21, every single program in the athletic department has converted to the “Mighty Oregon” font that the football team uses. The men’s basketball team was the last holdover, but now all the teams use the same font (with different treatments, though):

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The men’s basketball team has worn an old white alternate uniform the last two years that still has the old font, but that’s really the only exception.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

None of Oregon’s teams use the number font that you’re referring to anymore. As of 2020/21, every single program in the athletic department has converted to the “Mighty Oregon” font that the football team uses. The men’s basketball team was the last holdover, but now all the teams use the same font (with different treatments, though):

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The men’s basketball team has worn an old white alternate uniform the last two years that still has the old font, but that’s really the only exception.

Ah... wasn't aware the rest of the teams switched over. 

Sidebar...that kelly green and yellow looks so sharp there...I promise that's all Oregon needs. Double down on that and ride out...

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 hours ago, NH4 said:

As a Florida State fan, this was an inevitability, but that doesn’t make me hate it any less.

I actually normally really like white-out looks in general, but when you have a helmet as iconic as FSU’s gold one is, this is just unnecessary.

At the very least, they should have made the inner part of the spear gold.

• Like 2

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Missouri looks like they've tweaked their white jerseys this season. Last year they only had the number on the front. This year, it looks like they added "Mizzou". Very weird change, given the home jerseys looks to have stayed the same, and a huge downgrade IMO.

usa_today_17403415.jpg

FcTl1zEXkAI8IFU?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 4

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Wisconsin's wearing the white facemask with the white helmet at home for the (I think) first time  ever

FcUikFrX0AAYDXB?format=jpg&name=large

they're also wearing white socks and accessories which look so much better than black socks like they wear all the time

USATSI_15102632-2.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=

• Like 5