College Football 2022

Kevin W.

The Ducks are going yellow/yellow/black in their home opener on Saturday:

This combo has never been worn before in the program’s history, and the yellow helmets have also been updated for 2022 to have black wings instead of silver. Black facemasks are used this time around, but yellow could also be used at some point this year. Love it, I’ve often wondered why they’ve not done this combo since they’ve done almost every other combo featuring black and yellow. I’m also a huge fan of the upgraded yellow helmets, definitely prefer how the black wings look with the yellow jerseys over the silver wings. Only bummer is that I doubt the yellow lids will be worn with their apple green or white/apple jerseys, but purely aesthetically the yellow lids are an upgrade in my mind and work great with the yellow jerseys (and would work great w/ the new nightmare jerseys, too). 

-Edit: yellow/yellow/black has actually been worn once before by the Ducks, back in 2008 vs. Boise State. That combo featured the infamous “grellow” helmets.

• Like 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

20 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The Ducks are going yellow/yellow/black in their home opener on Saturday:

This combo has never been worn before in the program’s history, and the yellow helmets have also been updated for 2022 to have black wings instead of silver. Black facemasks are used this time around, but yellow could also be used at some point this year. Love it, I’ve often wondered why they’ve not done this combo since they’ve done almost every other combo featuring black and yellow. I’m also a huge fan of the upgraded yellow helmets, definitely prefer how the black wings look with the yellow jerseys over the silver wings. Only bummer is that I doubt the yellow lids will be worn with their apple green or white/apple jerseys, but purely aesthetically the yellow lids are an upgrade in my mind and work great with the yellow jerseys (and would work great w/ the new nightmare jerseys, too). 

I'm glad they updated the wings in the yellow helmet. The silver was becoming out of place with the current uniform template.

after looking closer.. looks like the wings are a decal. I was under the impression that previous versions were painted.. could be possible to switch out for different combos on each helmet.

oregonsig.png

27 minutes ago, Squeezee12 said:

I'm glad they updated the wings in the yellow helmet. The silver was becoming out of place with the current uniform template.

after looking closer.. looks like the wings are a decal. I was under the impression that previous versions were painted.. could be possible to switch out for different combos on each helmet.

I’m pretty confident the wings are still painted on these. Decals would be a logistical nightmare for the EQ staff with all the different helmet models. I’ll see if I can get more info, though.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I’m pretty confident the wings are still painted on these. Decals would be a logistical nightmare for the EQ staff with all the different helmet models. I’ll see if I can get more info, though.

To be fair, wouldn’t painting be like, twice the nightmare? You have to apply the mask and then paint/clearcoat vs. just applying the decal.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

14 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

To be fair, wouldn’t painting be like, twice the nightmare? You have to apply the mask and then paint/clearcoat vs. just applying the decal.

Since the wing painting is part of the shell painting and/or reconditioning process, it saves the effort of having to apply, remove, and reapply decals every time they’re gonna be worn. Every spring or summer the Ducks send their helmets out to be reconditioned, so in general the wing painting is only done once a year. The EQ staff still has to apply the ‘O’ decals, Pac-12 decals, facemasks, etc., of course, but the wings on each shell are permanent (throughout a given season, that is). Essentially the same as Ohio State painting their stripes on their silver helmets instead of having striping tape. 

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

28 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’m not really a fan of the wing helmets either. I much prefer the skeleton glitter duck helmet from a few seasons ago 

spacer.png

A lot of my fellow Ducks fans hated those glitter helmets haha (at least that’s the impression I’ve gotten). They definitely weren’t my favorite, and for that matter none of the helmets worn from 2015-16 were. I much prefer the wings, but if they were ever to abandon them again I’d only really care to see the ‘O’ on the sides of the helmets or maybe the full-color Duck logo once or twice a season. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

My only dislike of the yellow helmets with black wings is that they don't really go with the apple green uniforms any more.

Or the white/apple jerseys, so that’s my one complaint as well. Aesthetically, I think it’s an upgrade over the silver wings and they work much better with the yellow jerseys. It is a shame, though, that we likely won’t see the yellow lids with apple green or white jerseys this year.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

30 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

spacer.png

I had like four bionacles with parts that were that exact shade of “grellow” growing up. All of those probably came out around 2008 too 😂

• Like 2

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I've not been a fan of Oregon's winged helmets -- the design is a bit too artificial for me (as opposed to more realistic designs, like the Eagles current wings). It was fun the first time we got them, but I much prefer the iconic Nike "O" monogram.

My deal base for the next Oregon suite would be Os back on the helmets, a wing pattern on the sleeves, less weird Nike-fied plastic pieces, and getting away from the muddier green they use when they aren't in that beautiful apple green.

If I could even get them back in that standard green from the Belotti era, that deep green shell, and maybe even some loud yellow accents from the neck down, they could try to do a 2022 version of the Joey Harrington era unis. I would eat that up. 

• Like 1

Arkansas State trades in embarrassingly truncated sleeve stripes, for embarrassingly truncated shoulder stripes with new road jerseys. The home jerseys worn last week were the same as the old ones, with the sleeve stripes and rectangular font that ULM also uses. So not sure if this is going to be one of those weird things where the road and home jerseys are mismatched. Wouldn't be the first time.

Previous

b63JiS6.jpg

20 hours ago, Squeezee12 said:

This are painted, look at the vent holes. You see the over spray and not a cut decal