College Football 2022

Kevin W.

33 minutes ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Can we please shoot this trend in the head?  It's not 2015 anymore.

On a conciliatory note, I've always thought Marching Willie would be a decent helmet logo.  (I'm actually wearing a Marching Willie shirt at this moment.)

ooooo retro logo, COOOOOOL

*squints closer* oh thats not purple, thats black. what a waste

1 hour ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Can we please shoot this trend in the head?  It's not 2015 anymore.

On a conciliatory note, I've always thought Marching Willie would be a decent helmet logo.  (I'm actually wearing a Marching Willie shirt at this moment.)

Unpopular opinion...

Retro mascot logos like this rarely look good on helmets.

• Like 11

I don’t know if it’s actually happening, but there are heavy rumors that Auburn is bringing out orange jerseys for this weekend against Penn State. They are definitely wearing orange facemasks.

I believe it’s been decades since they’ve done that.

spacer.png

spacer.png

In recent memory, they’ve done orange and white facemasks, gray facemasks with the “AU” on one side and “7” on the other to honor a former Heisman winner, and a fauxback with a logoless helmet and gray facemasks back in 2007.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Auburn doesn’t usually change things up, so this would be a big deal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

I don’t know if it’s actually happening, but there are heavy rumors that Auburn is bringing out orange jerseys for this weekend against Penn State. They are definitely wearing orange facemasks.

spacer.png

spacer.png

In recent memory, they’ve done orange and white facemasks, gray facemasks with the “AU” on one side and “7” on the other to honor a former Heisman winner, and a fauxback with a logoless helmet and gray facemasks back in 2007.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

An orange jersey would be awesome, I hope it happens. The fans are doing an orange-out right?

4 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CifLE8-r1PD/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D

The instagram post has some more photos – including white pants and some ambiguous orange fabric.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WestCoastBias said:

Is that a new Under Armour template?

I don’t know, but IMG has new uniforms using that template as well as some smaller school that I saw the other day use it as well. When I first saw the IMG uniforms, I looked to see if there was any pressers from Under Armor, but couldn’t find anything.

For reference for the other uniforms using this template: 

• Like 1

I'd love an orange alt for Auburn. For classic teams like them a simple color swap alternate is always a nice addition to their wardrobe. I hope they end up going orange facemarks full time, it looks amazing and makes the helmet and orange detailing in the stripes pop. Navy, white, and gray facemarks also look great, but orange has got to be my favorite option for them.

• Like 5

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

so, the story behind the LSU yard marker font change, sounds like some Nike shenanigans:

The only major college with numerals every 5 yards.
New in 2022, the numerals are in the 58 font, which features 58 degree angles at each corner. The font pays homage to the 1958 national championship team.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

19 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Soooo, yea this one's been crazy. The photo of the orange mask with jersey material was only posted on Instagram, so they kinda buried it a bit. Turns out that's just the sleeve stripe on a navy jersey. 

I've confirmed that Auburn doesn't even have orange jerseys. It's not happening. A lot of fans are upset now because of the hype and playing it up from the football team, the staff members changing their profile images to orange, the other Auburn teams sharing how much they love orange jerseys, and so on. It's a risky move, but the hype and engagement were incredible. Even for me and I didn't engage all that much.

And for the humble plug, here's an article I wrote a few years ago about the history of Auburn's orange jerseys when they returned in 1978. There's always a lot of misconceptions around them.

• Like 2

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Notre Dame adding white NOBs to their green jerseys for this weekend’s game against Cal. 

If they’re gonna stick with the navy numbers, they should have made the NOBs gold - that white sticks out like a sore thumb. 

• Like 1

Georgia is teasing dimly lit 3 second video on Instagram with the eyeball emoji, which is pretty much guaranteed to be a uniform alteration. 

If it's for Saturday, it'll be just the third time since the turn of the century  they've worn an alternate uniform on the road -- only other times were black helmets and pants vs Florida in 2009 and the throwback jerseys and red pants vs. Arkansas in 2020. 

I've always wanted to see a road uniform with a white helmet, red center stripe, black facemask, and black pants. Not sure if they'll be introducing a new helmet, but the teaser is taken at the waist, so my guess is we are getting a new set of pants. Should be interesting.

• WOAH 1

13 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Georgia is teasing dimly lit 3 second video on Instagram with the eyeball emoji, which is pretty much guaranteed to be a uniform alteration. 

If it's for Saturday, it'll be just the third time since the turn of the century  they've worn an alternate uniform on the road -- only other times were black helmets and pants vs Florida in 2009 and the throwback jerseys and red pants vs. Arkansas in 2020. 

I've always wanted to see a road uniform with a white helmet, red center stripe, black facemask, and black pants. Not sure if they'll be introducing a new helmet, but the teaser is taken at the waist, so my guess is we are getting a new set of pants. Should be interesting.

This will be interesting because we didn’t show anything new in the spring uniform reveal, aside from the block numbers. Everything else was status quo. I would be shocked if it was a different helmet (I suppose it could be the white helmets seen this summer, though Smart alluded that they didn’t have a full set of white lids for the full roster). I’m expecting red pants. Black would be perfectly fine, too, but red would be viewed as more traditional and Smart is very traditional.

Edit- since it hasn’t been posted:

Edit 2: here’s the apparent evidence that orange jerseys are not happening down on the plains this weekend.

• Like 1

You know, Auburn would be the one who if they were to do some kind of alternate uniform, or even a jersey, that orange would work. There is a historic precedent for it, its a SCHOOL color, it would be such an easy thing to do. Kinda upset that they won't do it, because I think many would prefer to see orange over a non-school color alt.

• Like 2