College Football 2022

Kevin W.

13 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Mizzou’s current uniforms are a mess. I did not like the previous set, but at least they had a cohesive identity with well thought out design. They looked like Nike treated them as one of their premier college teams, whereas now it looks like a jumbled teamwear catalog order.

1) super modern font which clashes with classic stripes

2) the ever changing helmets and decals (they can’t decide on the tiger, the block M, the scripts, the diamond stripes, the regular stripes, I could go on)

3) the home jersey without a wordmark compared to the away jersey wordmark visible from space

4) the home jersey with a comically large SEC patch (compared to other SEC teams) while the away jersey has a comically small SEC patch

5) the captain’s patch placement (take a look below, in one instance the SEC patch is quite literally overlapping the captain’s patch, in another instance you can see the captain’s patch fonts are different from the home jersey to the road jersey)

spacer.png

spacer.png

The black helmet with the M is so much better than any other helmet they wear. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 9/17/2022 at 6:24 PM, Bruhammydude said:

Glad to see Wisconsin finally switch things up! I hope they keep wearing the red pants 2-3 times a year, home and road

Yuck. No thanks. It doesn't look as good as red over white, so don't wear it ever again.

UW '87

• LOL 2

It's where I sit.

3 hours ago, nuordr said:

These are my favorite helmets from Missouri with the current uniform template: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I am not a fan of this mizzou look at all. It seems like they are trying to be florida and with the cocks using a similar design. Then you have auburn as well with similar striping.  Time to go back to this look:

spacer.png

• Like 4

On 9/17/2022 at 1:55 PM, _RH_ said:

FSU wore white helmets last time ... first time ever?

What went right, what went wrong on defense for Seminoles vs. Louisville -  Tomahawk Nation

FSU vs. Louisville: Halftime updates, score, stream, news - Tomahawk Nation

Previous road looks:

RIGHT AT HOME

Florida State vs. Miami (Oct. 9, 2010)

So to recap:

-helmet color is clear downgrade over gold

-facemask color is clear downgrade over red

-helmet logo is not improved, IMO a downgrade since it changed a classic

-jersey design (patterns around collar and sleeves) is clear downgrade over previous set

-font is a tossup (both unique enough but not too wild)

-pant color is clear downgrade over either gold or red

-logo on hip is smaller now

If anyone responds in emojis or says something about ice ... I'll smite thee!

If you think an "icy white" ❄️❄️❄️ is a concept without merit for FSU, I can't really argue with you. That said, I think this is a fine uniform when taken as a whole:

• Helmet logos are pretty neglible, especially from a distance. Could've been slightly improved by putting gold in there instead of white.
  • Disagree on the jersey design. The new uniform highlights it's pattern while the old tucks them under the sleeves. Don't know much about the previous design on the collar but I think I prefer the new one, tho it could be a little less busy.
  • Font is clearly improved IMO.
  • Red/gold would look terrible below an otherwise all-white set, but I'm not big on plain pants in most instances anyway.

FSU has looked better but they look good here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Maryland teasing a (presumably throwback) helmet for their Michigan State game in two weeks. My money is on a script helmet

It looks like he’s pointing to the white helmet with numbers on both sides. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, -Akronite- said:

If you think an "icy white" ❄️❄️❄️ is a concept without merit for FSU, I can't really argue with you. That said, I think this is a fine uniform when taken as a whole:

• Helmet logos are pretty neglible, especially from a distance. Could've been slightly improved by putting gold in there instead of white.
  • Disagree on the jersey design. The new uniform highlights it's pattern while the old tucks them under the sleeves. Don't know much about the previous design on the collar but I think I prefer the new one, tho it could be a little less busy.
  • Font is clearly improved IMO.
  • Red/gold would look terrible below an otherwise all-white set, but I'm not big on plain pants in most instances anyway.

FSU has looked better but they look good here.

It's not as ugly as the rams white horn set but the 2 color helmet, 3 color jersey, and 1 color pant look is bush league. fsu only needs one helmet outside of a one-off and the white pants can be used as an alt look but require 2 garnet stripes.

3 minutes ago, guest23 said:

It's not as ugly as the rams white horn set but the 2 color helmet, 3 color jersey, and 1 color pant look is bush league. fsu only needs one helmet outside of a one-off and the white pants can be used as an alt look but require 2 garnet stripes.

The gold quite light and used sparingly, so I think it passes well enough, but I agree with the principle.

3 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

Few days late on this. Normally I'm not a fan of Syracuse going orange/orange/orange, but it contrasted really nicely with the black and gold of Purdue on Saturday. The new lighting system and roof they put in the Dome the past 2 or 3 years helps a lot, too

G7KYW7TWRBHIZJJLUVP3OXGEL4.jpg

Oh wow, this game does not look like it’s indoors at all

Also, there’s another team in this photo? I couldn’t tell from all the orange. I’m gonna disagree with “contrasted really nicely”.

14 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Oh wow, this game does not look like it’s indoors at all

Also, there’s another team in this photo? I couldn’t tell from all the orange. I’m gonna disagree with “contrasted really nicely”.

Well Purdue was playing a team literally name the "Orange".   I think the stripes do enough to bring out some contrast though on Syracuse's unis.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

Mizzou switching from a true gold to yellow is a big downgrade and now I fear its too far gone to switch back.  At least bring back the block M full time and straighten out the numbers and it would already be a massive upgrade.

disagree, I think the black and yellow has really been made theirs in CFB and the gold is used by too many other programs. you can even see it in the picture above your post when they were conference mates with CU. throw in purdue, wake, vandy, UCF, army... there's only so many ways to stand out sharing a color scheme 

• Like 3

At this point it's nauseating how repetitive and lifeless all of these reveal videos are. I hate to say it b/c as a content creator, I respect the hell out of other people's work. 

But with that said, it's all the same. It's like when there's a viral video/challenge/meme etc and every socail/content creator on the planet has to jump in. A most basic example is every single sports team making a silly joke about pies on Pi day, right? 

Uniform reveals just takes this to another level. It's become much more about simply having something new to reveal than it has become about thoughtfully designing an alternate and thoughtfully introducing it. 

Everything in college football is in the TikTok era of short attention spans, and the quality of the actual uniforms we get is the casualty. Because it's not about the quality (see anything unveiled by PJ Fleck).

I'm to the point where I wish we went all the way back to when teams had one helmet, two jerseys, two sets of pants and called it a day.  

• Like 3