College Football 2022

Kevin W.

1 hour ago, lahaye7 said:

App State fonts look like a nike design guy had a deadline to beat and glanced at his Nike Apple watch and said "that font is sick bro , no one will notice if we reuse it." 

Futura is like one of the top five most used fonts in the world… just ask the Steelers :)

• Like 5

I don’t have a photo, but Florida is playing Kentucky and the grounds crew have a pretty noticeable snafu. If you’re watching on TV, the right side of the field (with “Florida” in the endzone) has a ghosted SEC logo where they started to lay the paint down at the 30 yard line and then realized their mistake and painted it on the 25. It doesn’t look like they tried to fix it by covering the white paint with green so it’s pretty obvious.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

13 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Arizona State’s helmets do in fact have Sparky’s head on both sides. Love the helmet even more 

FcKW8A3agAE181h?format=jpg&name=large

This helmet would be even better with a maroon stripe down the middle. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

13 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Arizona State’s helmets do in fact have Sparky’s head on both sides. Love the helmet even more 

FcKW8A3agAE181h?format=jpg&name=large

That solves one problem. It doesn't fix the oversized logo issue.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I don’t know why the Oregon QB has his jersey like this…

spacer.png

…but this looks awful. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

New yard-line numbers for LSU. First change since at least the late '60s.

spacer.png

Major downgrade in my opinion because the previous font had been there my entire lifetime and also made the every 5-yard numbering feel special.

This was the previous look for the Tiger Stadium field:

spacer.png

15 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

I don’t know why the Oregon QB has his jersey like this…

spacer.png

…but this looks awful. 

I hate their oversized numbers , and this does look awful too 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

On 9/10/2022 at 2:30 PM, SSmith48 said:

Another random observation: Vanderbilt's jerseys still have the old star logo on the collars, despite the rebrand. Very interesting detail.

2725a990-509e-46e7-8012-a665f83891a2-spring_game_023.JPG?crop=2773,1560,x0,y139&width=2773&height=1560&format=pjpg&auto=webp

https%3A%2F%2Ffansided.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2022%2F08%2F1242769270.jpeg

Many college teams get jerseys in cycles and use for a few years.  South Florida just got new home and road looks, but the black with lime alternates this week were the same unis as the past couple years just with a new black helmet.

• Like 1

Can we please shoot this trend in the head?  It's not 2015 anymore.

On a conciliatory note, I've always thought Marching Willie would be a decent helmet logo.  (I'm actually wearing a Marching Willie shirt at this moment.)

• Like 4

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

4 minutes ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Can we please shoot this trend in the head?  It's not 2015 anymore.

On a conciliatory note, I've always thought Marching Willie would be a decent helmet logo.  (I'm actually wearing a Marching Willie shirt at this moment.)

The number on the side looks terrible; the lack of purple is terrible. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.