2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

1 hour ago, dont care said:

They haven’t had white hots since Lebron played there

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Miami hasn’t had a white hot jersey since the adidas days, I don’t think.

Normal white and black jerseys, reds, the ransom notes and the HWCs are all they had this year. 

Thanks.  Only asked because of what Germanshepherd posted on 5/30/23:

On 5/30/2023 at 7:03 PM, Germanshepherd said:

LOCKERVISION REPORT FOR FINALS GAMES 1-4

GAME 1: NUGGETS (Mile High City, because of course) vs HEAT (Red)

GAME 2: NUGGETS (Navy icons, I like it) vs HEAT (White Hot Heat)

GAME 3: HEAT (White Hot Heat) vs NUGGETS (Mile High City AGAIN)

GAME 4: HEAT (White again, nice) vs NUGGETS (Navy icons)

Yeah I see how that’s confusing I just call the standard association jerseys White Hots because that’s been our playoff mantra

23 minutes ago, sayahh said:

Thanks.  Only asked because of what Germanshepherd posted on 5/30/23:

• Like 2

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

On 6/4/2023 at 1:51 AM, Old School Fool said:

It's not ideal but it's back to how it was.

NBA-8-HEAT-at-1-NUGGETS-FULL-GAME-1-HIGH

I really miss the Gold score bug. Having it be no different than a regular season game doesn’t work for me. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Sad 1

The NBA Finals is being treated less like the pinnacle of basketball and more like an ESPN cash-grab. You want ads on the court? Fine. But put them on the sidelines next to the benches like you've been doing. No need for "YouTube TV" to appear in three seperate spots at the same time.

Here's a quick fix at the scoredboard. it's not perfect, but it's something:

Fx0xnIkWYAEdJrf?format=jpg&name=900x900

Hz9OemI.png

• Like 2

If you look closely, the logo wipes on made baskets are gold now, and there are some other elements of the graphics package that have been “gold-ified” for the Finals (and WCF).

Overall, though, I agree. This score bug is missing some of the pizzazz of past Finals. They kinda painted themselves into a corner with it this year by prioritizing having the team abbreviations match the colors of the uniforms they are wearing. That was a much-needed upgrade given how confusing it can be at times with all the different uniforms teams have now. At a minimum, you would think they could put the Finals script logo where “NBA Finals” is now.

• Like 4

On 2023-06-04 at 3:48 PM, kimball said:

How so?

Blue vs. Red is one of the best color vs. color matchups.

I think that's true when it's like a navy blue vs. bright red ... like if it was the Nuggets' core away jerseys vs. the Hawks or something. I really love both of the slightly unusual shades that were on display in game 1 but they don't work against each other, the darker shade of red Miami uses is too close in value and saturation to the mid-blue of the Mile High.

• Like 2

Why do we need logos in the scorebug? That's not useful information. Syncing it to the wacky uniform colors of today is much more helpful so I'm glad they're religious about that now. Otherwise, get the thing out of the way.

• Like 4

The uniform-correlated color sync of the team names serves a function for sure, but I also find it a bit distracting and not as aesthetically pleasant. Game 2’s with Miami in white also gave an impression that they were perpetually highlighted on the scorebug, if that makes sense, which lent to my distraction and bothered me a bit. I think a better solution would be to go soccer-style with it and have a strip of the uniform color next to the name rather than have the whole block filled in. 

Of course the most ideal solution would be to just go back to strict white at home/dark on the road so you don’t have to call out a uniform color on the scorebug, but that’s a whole other discussion. The NBA has created a lot of aesthetic problems that I don’t think they’re even aware of or care about right now.

• Like 2

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

3 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Game 5 is up on LockerVision

Denver in white city edition homes (no clue if the court will match) vs Miami in red.

Surprised Miami went back to red, we typically switch it up after a road loss. 

The fact that the Nuggets' City whites have been worn more than the standard Association whites during the playoffs this year really bothers me. IMO, teams should really only be limited to their "standard" rotation (Icon/Association/Statement) during the playoffs, and especially the Finals. But since the City whites are already "iconic" for the WCF victory, I guess we can't escape it now. At least it seems the Heat got the memo about sticking to their identity.

• Like 2

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

On 6/5/2023 at 1:19 PM, CitizenTino said:

At a minimum, you would think they could put the Finals script logo where “NBA Finals” is now.

Hey cool, they listened to me! 

On 6/6/2023 at 8:27 PM, fanofsports said:

Found this on twitter. This is a lot better 

Oooh, yeah that definitely would have been nice. Hopefully someone in Bristol is taking notes for next year.

• Like 1

Game 3 - and ESPN/ABC has listened!

Points about the floor lacking any physical Finals demarcation are valid. If it were me, I'd put the Finals script and trophy icon on the baseline where the Mich Ultra ad is, then make those digital ads superimposed to the court itself. Optimizes safety and aesthetics and posterity.

• Like 4

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

19 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

The fact that the Nuggets' City whites have been worn more than the standard Association whites during the playoffs this year really bothers me. IMO, teams should really only be limited to their "standard" rotation (Icon/Association/Statement) during the playoffs, and especially the Finals. But since the City whites are already "iconic" for the WCF victory, I guess we can't escape it now. At least it seems the Heat got the memo about sticking to their identity.

The only saving grace is that at least the Nuggets' City jersey just looks like an alternate universe Nuggets brand, albeit a dull one. Some of these wacky, totally off-brand City jerseys could've ended up in the finals and that would've been even worse... though we may never recover from the Cavs' title t-shirts.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Digby said:

The only saving grace is that at least the Nuggets' City jersey just looks like an alternate universe Nuggets brand, albeit a dull one. Some of these wacky, totally off-brand City jerseys could've ended up in the finals and that would've been even worse... though we may never recover from the Cavs' title t-shirts.

Nothing will be worse to me than a closeout game of the Finals where neither team had their city or team name on their jerseys

• Like 4
  • Hurl 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Sad 2

We can officially add the “tiny Denver” to the list of all time meh series-clinching uniforms. Of course nothing will ever top the horror of the Cavs long-sleeves 

• Like 4

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

5 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

We can officially add the “tiny Denver” to the list of all time meh series-clinching uniforms. Of course nothing will ever top the horror of the Cavs long-sleeves 

I agree these uniforms are meh but they are leagues above the Cavs Cs and Raps’ NORTH

They have the team name on them (even Nuggets is in the side stripe!) and are the same colors as the court. Consider the bare minimum checked. 

• Like 4