2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

LOCKERVISION REPORT FOR FINALS GAMES 1-4

GAME 1: NUGGETS (Mile High City, because of course) vs HEAT (Red)

GAME 2: NUGGETS (Navy icons, I like it) vs HEAT (White Hot Heat)

GAME 3: HEAT (White Hot Heat) vs NUGGETS (Mile High City AGAIN)

GAME 4: HEAT (White again, nice) vs NUGGETS (Navy icons)

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

12 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

It’s sad that (for now) I want this to be a sweep for either team so that the deciding game is in a correct non-city edition white vs. dark matchup. I shouldn’t want that, but this is what uniform matchups have become I guess.

Here’s to hoping there’s more good matchups in games 5-7. At least Miami has been pretty good about wearing the right colors in the right places for the most part this postseason.

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

2 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

It seems like the Heat keep things fairly traditional with the color choices which I appreciate. I'm sure we would have seen the Heat in red for Game 2 if the Nuggets' navy and Heat red didn't offer much contrast. Let's pray both teams stay away from their City editions for Games 5-7. Woof.

• Like 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

4 hours ago, kimball said:

Let's pray both teams stay away from their City editions for Games 5-7. Woof.

To be fair I wouldn't be mad if Nuggets use their City at home, because it's a nice uniform. Heat? They should stay away from City.

6 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

I like Nuggets alternate more (maybe expect wordmark) than away so I'm fine with that. Nicely that Heat keep white at home.

4r2eer.png

Have the Nuggets always had the sponsored court side logo opposite the baseline script? Seeing Michelob Ultra near the basket makes this NBA Finals game feel somewhat like a locally-televised regular season game when it shouldn't be there for the national TV games

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

14 minutes ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Have the Nuggets always had the sponsored court side logo opposite the baseline script? Seeing Michelob Ultra near the basket makes this NBA Finals game feel somewhat like a locally-televised regular season game when it shouldn't be there for the national TV games

During local games, they are actually one of the few teams that dont have an ad on the basket baseline, and instead had the team script on both side.

8 hours ago, Cujo said:

This cannot be stated enough!

The giant trophy on the court was corny and a safety hazard. Glad they got rid of them. I would like just a finals decal on the court but with those too being a slipping hazard I can deal with the digital logo.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, who do you think said:

No. It was horrible to watch.

How so?

Blue vs. Red is one of the best color vs. color matchups.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

19 hours ago, Cujo said:

This cannot be stated enough!

I couldn’t agree more. On one hand, I get the whole thing with stickers being slick and the fact that uniforms are lacking the same real estate with the swoosh and ads now. On the other hand, the aesthetic of the Finals just doesn’t feel like a spectacle anymore and that’s still a problem for me.

The patch above the NOB looks like an afterthought being tucked away on the back, and while the logo is on the court digitally, you don’t get the same punch on pictures of the event without the court stickers. Case in point - those very pictures on the tweet of Kobe by half court and Drexler vs. Jordan on top of the sticker. I mean, those photos were quite obviously framed with the sticker in mind to capture the spectacle (and they’re incredible shots for doing so); you can’t do that now unless you get the stanchion in there, which depending on the action could be covered up anyway. That you can’t get photo shots like these anymore is a real shame and a big loss, artistically.

I don’t know…I truly do get the “why” of it, but that doesn’t mean I have to like it. The Finals just aren’t as visually exciting as they used to be.

• Like 6

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I don’t know…I truly do get the “why” of it, but that doesn’t mean I have to like it. The Finals just aren’t as visually exciting as they used to be.

Melo era colors would have been really interesting, the possibility of a sky blue team in the finals against black and red team would have been beautiful

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sayahh said:

Miami looked like it wore its regular home jersey and not its white hot jersey (white letters) or am I getting the names confused?

Miami hasn’t had a white hot jersey since the adidas days, I don’t think.

Normal white and black jerseys, reds, the ransom notes and the HWCs are all they had this year. 

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.