2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

32 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

Don't think I've seen anyone mention it, but does it bother anyone else that the 'L' in the center logo and the 'L' in the baseline logos have a different width to the bottom horizontal stroke? Not sure why they changed it for the baseline logos...

FuW_VaZacAEUAzV?format=jpg&name=large

Of course it does! 😂

To make it even worse, the L in the alternate logo doesn’t match the L in the center court logo or the L in the baseline logo.

• Like 1

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I'm more curious as to why the wordmarks are pushed over to the sides like they are rather thx being centered on the baselines. (I noticed that with Memphis on their home floor as well...then again Memphis' home floor has been quirky for several seasons now.)

Has LAL been doing that for a while or is that something new?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

I'm more curious as to why the wordmarks are pushed over to the sides like they are rather thx being centered on the baselines.

Has LAL been doing that for a while or is that something new?

Unofrtunately it is league wide thing since 2020/2021 and the reason is $$$. On the other side of baseline in regular season there are ads. Covid opened doors for that and no one wants to close them.

• Like 10

4r2eer.png

14 hours ago, truepg said:

Not really correct, the Lakers wore their home uniforms on the road.

The sad reality is that's not even technically considered their "HOME" jersey since the gold jersey is considered their Icon Edition.

Thanks Nike.

16837747257605.jpg

• Facepalm 2

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, GoGreenGoWhite said:

I was commenting on game 4, Lakers in yellow at home and Dubs in blue.

Ah, my bad.

10 minutes ago, kimball said:

The sad reality is that's not even technically considered their "HOME" jersey since the gold jersey is considered their Icon Edition.

Thanks Nike.

16837747257605.jpg

True, and these new uniform designations is what's screwed up.

On 5/10/2023 at 7:46 PM, tscuzzy said:

It's just sad how such a classic look has been abandoned by the Lakers... they have to bring this back soon right? 

1c3bd32e3974391141ec06266b908512.jpg

By classic look you're referring to the short shorts, right?

BTW I prefer these unis even if the jersey and the shorts had mismatched purple (Forum blue) colors.

9 hours ago, sayahh said:

BTW I prefer these unis even if the jersey and the shorts had mismatched purple (Forum blue) colors.

Huh? The shades match in that picture of Magic.

edit: This photo from the 1980s looks  like the team has consistent shades:

276 1987 Nba Basketball Finals Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty  Images

but older photos show two shades

NBA History: Top 10 Los Angeles Lakers Short-Timers Contributing to Title  Teams | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Huh? The shades match in that picture of Magic.

edit: This photo from the 1980s looks  like the team has consistent shades:

276 1987 Nba Basketball Finals Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty  Images

but older photos show two shades

NBA History: Top 10 Los Angeles Lakers Short-Timers Contributing to Title  Teams | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

I knew someone would say something but I just meant that there were many instances where the jersey looked mismatched and bluer than the shorts and other times the shorts looked mismatched and bluer than the jerseys.  I did not mean to imply that Magic had mismatched unis in that particular photo (though I can see how it might come across that way).  Still unsure whether posting UniWatch links is okay or frowned upon, but there was a nice writeup before in 2021 (with links).

https://uni-watch.com/2021/05/17/welcome-to-purp-walk-2021/

Per Locker Vision ...

(Just waiting for the rest of the schedule including the Lakers-Nuggets series.)

Eastern Conference Finals

G1 - MIA (Red) @ BOS (White)

G2 - MIA (Red) @ BOS (White)
G3 - BOS (Black) @ MIA (White)

G4 - BOS (Green) @ MIA (White)

G5

G6

G7

Western Conference Finals

G1

G2
G3

G4

G5

G6

G7

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Celtics haven't done white at home much these playoffs so that's nice to see. Miami's neo-traditionalism must have knocked some sense into them. I guess the Heat reds are technically "Statement" but I've always liked those more than the black ones, more distinctive even among other red teams due to the shade.

• Like 3