2022 International Soccer

MJWalker45

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Beating Mexico thrice in one year is as legit as it gets. Nice to see Weah and Musah have breakout games, and of course Pulisic and McKennie doing what they're supposed to do too. The most flawless game they've played this cycle and what a time to do it.

Not only that, but beating Mexico with both the A and B teams. Really exciting year this year for the USMNT. Probably their best since 2014.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

With 8 matches complete and 6 to go, seems 25 points is the threshold to qualify for the World Cup.

1. Canada, 4W, 4D, 0L | +8 GD | 16 Pts.
  2. USA, 4W, 3D, 1L | +7  GD | 15 Pts.
  3. Mexico, 4W, 2D, 2L | +4 GD | 14 Pts.
  4. Panama, 4W, 2D, 2L | +2 GD | 14 Pts.
  5. Costa Rica, 2W, 3D, 3D | -1 GD | 9 Pts.
  6. Jamaica, 1W, 4D, 3L | -4 GD | 7 Pts.
  7. El Salvador, 1W, 3D, 4L | -6 GD | 6 Pts.
  8. Honduras, 0W, 3D, 5L | -10 GD | 3 Pts.

I assume we'll get more clarity on which countries qualify by the 11th match.

• Like 1

Good lord. Already thought it was a little much to give Ohio two games in the same qualifying cycle and now they want to give Columbus a second, and Minnesota in January crosses the line of "uncomfortable" and into "dangerous" to be playing an outdoor soccer match. Costa Rica at RBA forever living in USSF's heads, I guess.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Digby said:

Good lord. Already thought it was a little much to give Ohio two games in the same qualifying cycle and now they want to give Columbus a second, and Minnesota in January crosses the line of "uncomfortable" and into "dangerous" to be playing an outdoor soccer match. Costa Rica at RBA forever living in USSF's heads, I guess.

I'd expect St. Paul or Columbus to get the game against El Salvador and possibly Nashville or Chicago for Honduras.  I think US Soccer is looking at how miserable Mexico were in Edmonton and trying to do the same for the rest of Concacaf. Also, playing in somewhat similar conditions over that week is better for the players than going from 40-50 degrees, to 0-20 degrees, then up to 60-70 degrees.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.espn.com/soccer/uefa-nations-league/story/4550365/argentinabrazil-set-to-join-expanded-uefa-nations-league-from-2024

Have you ever wondered if Brazil could handle a rainy Tuesday in Stoke? In 2024, you may have your answer! Conmebol and UEFA are doing a joint Nations League to fight off FIFA's biennial World Cup proposal. 

"Boniek indicated that the six top-ranked South American nations -- Argentina, Brazil and most likely Colombia, Chile, Peru and Uruguay -- would be added to League A of the UEFA Nations League. That would set up blockbuster matches against the likes of Spain, Germany, England and France, which South American nations have been unable to play since the Nations League replaced international friendlies.

The other four -- Bolivia, Ecuador, Paraguay and Venezuela -- would join League B."

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59995862

Bad news for Canada ahead of World Cup qualifiers. Alphonso Davies is out.

Worse news for Davies. Heart inflammation? No thank you.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 minute ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Worse news for Davies. Heart inflammation? No thank you.

I wonder what the timeline for this is? Hopefully they can figure it out. That's another problem we have at the moment is understanding how new viruses affect the human body. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...

It’s really awesome to see that the USMNT is no longer just Pulisic and a bunch of average players. He had a bad game tonight, but McKennie, Adams, Robinson, Weah, Dest, and Musah were more than capable to step up. McKennie was the best player tonight. He was outstanding. He just looks supremely confident in himself and his abilities right now. 

Pulisic is just in a bad form right now. He looked slow, unsure and was pressing a bit too much. Hopefully he’ll snap out of it Sunday against Canada. 

And I’m growing increasingly frustrated by Berhalter and the lack of goal scoring chances his teams create in the 1st halves of games. This team is way too talented offensively to be scoring one goal at home against El Salvador (who to their credit played an excellent game). I’m tired of seeing certain MLS scrubs on the national team for competitive matches, getting playing time over far better players. 

Jordan Morris and Zardes should never be on the USMNT roster for WC qualifying matches, let alone see the field. It’s absurd. 

At the end of the day, 3 points is 3 points, but the US will have to play a lot better to earn points against Canada come Sunday. Today wasn’t good enough. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

This sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Maybe I can find a free signup for Paramount+ so I can watch the game. There's no other sports on TV I care about today!

3 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

This sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Maybe I can find a free signup for Paramount+ so I can watch the game. There's no other sports on TV I care about today!

That is as warm as it's going to get this weekend.  I mean they could have just played in Toronto which has a better surface 

I saw, I came, I left.

13 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Just found the game. This little baby field is so stupid.

Especially when they have all that space available to use that's beyond the boards and vertically. They made sure to get it to the minimum, and they did the same for Mexico.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png