2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

I'm at the point where I think the NFL should mandate teams other than Dallas (we'll grandfather them in) have to wear a colored top *unless* it's a home game in September. 

This is getting ridiculous. And it looks even goofier when teams wear white tops with colored pants at home, because the entire purpose of wearing white at home has been, for the most part, to put the other team in a dark top if it's hot. 

The New York Jets in white jerseys and black pants at home is a joke.

• Like 6

Oh gods I didn't know AZ was going all black.  This will be truly awful.  

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I'm at the point where I think the NFL should mandate teams other than Dallas (we'll grandfather them in) have to wear a colored top *unless* it's a home game in September. 

This is getting ridiculous. And it looks even goofier when teams wear white tops with colored pants at home, because the entire purpose of wearing white at home has been, for the most part, to put the other team in a dark top if it's hot. 

The New York Jets in white jerseys and black pants at home is a joke.

Disagree, Dallas shouldn’t be grandfathered in anything.  Wearing the Cowboys WAH 99 percent of the time with the seasick pants is annoying.  But agree with teams stop wearing WAH beginning in October, that includes the Cowboys.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

54 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’d like to reiterate my statement from earlier this season that teams pick the worst games to wear alternates. Prime example is Arizona.

You can’t really blame the home team in these cases. The Eagles should’ve worn green pants once they learned that Arizona was wearing black.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Rams in white over black.

Black what?

• LOL 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

35 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:
Patriots also going with the throwback look for the field on Sunday. 

Though I  wish they used the appropriate wordmark for the endzones.  

New England Patriots Logo Wordmark Logo (1971-1992) - Patriots in blue stripes and stars with red outline and shadow SportsLogos.Net

The endzone font is what they actually use to use at Foxboro Stadium.

• Like 5

bSLCtu2.png

8 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

Really?  I didn't know that. 

My brain just defaulted to the endzone that was used in Super Bowl XX. 

Yeah, as far as I'm aware, a lot of teams didn't use their word marks that way on their own until relatively recently, the Cowboys being a notable exception.  I've seen some old footage of a Patriots game from the late 70s or early 80s where they had PATRIOTS painted on the turf in big red, white and blue letters...outside of the endzones, which were mostly blank.  I remember the Broncos using a few different endzones designs back in the Elway era, only the last one or two pre-97 variants actually using their wordmark.  Even in more recent years, some teams have gone back and forth, notably the Browns, who've used their wordmark, various cursive scripts, stripes, and the wordmark again.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬