2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

Range of Color assessment by division:

AFC East - Solid overall, lots of blue/green, maybe a bit too much white

AFC North - Too much black and orange

AFC South - Too much blue

AFC West - Good

NFC East - Good

NFC North - Good

NFC South - Not bad but too much black/metallic colors

NFC West - Decent overall, but lots of blue and red

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

Range of Color assessment by division:

AFC East - Solid overall, lots of blue/green, maybe a bit too much white

AFC North - Too much black and orange

AFC South - Too much blue

AFC West - Good

NFC East - Good

NFC North - Good

NFC South - Not bad but too much black/metallic colors

NFC West - Decent overall, but lots of blue and red

AFC West might be the best. The rest have so much potential but under today's look, all these are pretty accurate. If you do it well, you can never have too much white though. I do know exactly  what you mean though but I think it affects the league entirely.  

So to me, I think white doesn't count as a color. It's the default "easel" or "blank document" everyone uses which is why lots of teams at one point or another have had a full white look. I do know what you mean about the AFCE having "too much white" but I think this becomes an eye-sore due to of the lack of color breaks (socks, belts, non-black accessories--gotta accessorize!) on the uniforms today which affects the league, not only the AFCE.  The lack of color below the torso forms the dreaded leotard look, and in white, it looks so damn incomplete---like they quit from the torso down on a videogame's create-a-player feature. 

If you look at the past, lots of white/whites look great with the color breaks.  The AFCE has historically been really light, with blues, reds and greens and  probably the best, most original (aqua and orange :) ) combo in sports and at one point, they all used those colors tastefully throughout the uniform which made them aesthetically pleasing. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Est1980 said:

In their current digs, maybe. I'd probably place them 2nd and Carolina 1st.   Now if you take their best versions---- super tough rankings. 

I find the Bucs uniforms the best in the NFC South.  The Carolina Panthers uniforms are good but they're overrated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

They better not be wearing white at home against the Giants. The Giants already said they'd be in white for this game, so hopefully that holds up.

That would be interesting. The Vikings have NEVER worn white at home outside of the 1964 season, where they went WAH for every game that year. Otherwise, every Vikings game in MN has had the team wearing Purple jerseys.

Unless they got a secret 1969-2005 White throwback hidden in the closet, I don't wanna see the Vikings ever wearing WAH.

• Like 5

da0Lbhs.png

On 12/4/2022 at 9:48 AM, WSU151 said:

NFL brands are like Oreos…they can offer 12 different flavors but everyone still knows what a true Oreo is. 

If Oreos were only available to buy 17 days out of the year, and for half of those days the only kind on sale were Swedish fish or cherry cola flavour, most people would rightfully be disappointed.

• Like 13

3 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Jets already beat them in blue pants, but I guess this has become an aesthetic preference at this point rather than superstition. Still no throwback or Color Rush with just two home games left.

To me this means they plan on not wearing one of their alts this year. If they do throwbacks for Miami instead of color rush, I wonder if its in preparation for debuting a red helmet w/ the color rush next season. 

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

If Oreos were only available to buy 17 days out of the year, and for half of those days the only kind on sale were Swedish fish or cherry cola flavour, most people would rightfully be disappointed.

These people might be disappointed, but if total Oreo sales were on the up and up and thousands of people are wearing Swedish Fish Oreo T-shirts and Cherry Cola Oreo hats, there's no incentive for Oreo to shift the strategy. 

(Half of the days is a bit of a stretch too). 

So far, only like 20 people on this board are like "eliminate all the alternates" and in all honesty that's not probably not a real needle-mover for the NFL compared to the thousands of fans on Twitter and IG who respond to every new uniform with fire emojis. 

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

16 hours ago, WSU151 said:

These people might be disappointed, but if total Oreo sales were on the up and up and thousands of people are wearing Swedish Fish Oreo T-shirts and Cherry Cola Oreo hats, there's no incentive for Oreo to shift the strategy. 

(Half of the days is a bit of a stretch too). 

I mean the Jets might end up wearing black jerseys and/or black pants 14 times this season. Obviously that isn't as much of a departure from their normal brand as Cherry Cola Oreos are from regular Oreos, but it still dilutes it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

FTFY

usa_today_16937263.0.jpg

I love this look, but the Ravens should be a purple at home team. It's a far more unique color than black and it's especially needed in a division where 2 other teams wear black as their primary home jersey. It's the Ravens' best dark combo, but it should remain as an alternate.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

On 12/6/2022 at 8:34 AM, Sport said:

49ers need to  bring back the enormous pants stripe and striped socks and the uniform is complete. 

eea3e7c2947a85926fcfadb6794d0d7f.jpg

Just because something is  a throwback doesn't mean it looks good. Same goes with the Giants Navy helmet throwbacks.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 1