2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

1 hour ago, S316 said:

I hope this is not true but I just saw that gridiron uniform database has the Vikings in all white uniforms at home against the Giants this Saturday.

Unfortunately. Vikings have always been Purple at home every single game ever, besides 1964, when they wore White on Purple for all their home games that year. 

I wouldn't be as unhappy as I am about this if they had Purple socks. IMO, unless the Vikings decide to bring back the 1969-2005 Road Uniforms with the shoulder stripes as an alternate, they should never wear White at Home.

On 12/19/2022 at 12:04 PM, simtek34 said:

Vikings confirm White on White for Christmas Eve. 

First time they're wearing White at Home since 1964. They wore WAH the whole 1964 season. 1961-1963/1965-2022, they've never worn anything other than Purple at Home.

da0Lbhs.png

19 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:
We are long overdue for an all-white vs. all-black matchup. Not many teams prefer to wear either of these combinations these days.

I keep go back to this post.

I genuinely cannot tell if you’re being serious or not about being “long overdue” for this

• LOL 1

On 12/19/2022 at 12:04 PM, simtek34 said:

Vikings confirm White on White for Christmas Eve. 

First time they're wearing White at Home since 1964. They wore WAH the whole 1964 season. 1961-1963/1965-2022, they've never worn anything other than Purple at Home.

They should really consider white facemasks for this game...

• Like 1

For the Steelers, I like the block font more, but really, the arguments for each font are valid. Being almost 30, the italic font is what I grew up with, and I always kind of used it as a way to differentiate between the two eras where the Steelers were most dominant.

Block font = Super Steelers of the 70's... IX, X, XIII, XIV... Bradshaw, Swann, Franco (RIP), etc.

Italic font = Steelers of the 2000's... XL, XLIII... Ben, Bettis, Ward, Polamalu, etc.

What they are rumored to be bringing back for this weekend that I am passionate about them making permanent again - gold endzones. I get why the field at Acrisure is painfully boring due to sharing with Pitt, but Pitt does wear the same shade of gold now...

oBIgzrL.png

21 hours ago, simtek34 said:

I wouldn't be as unhappy as I am about this if they had Purple socks. IMO, unless the Vikings decide to bring back the 1969-2005 Road Uniforms with the shoulder stripes as an alternate, they should never wear White at Home.

What bothers me about wearing white at home against the Giants is that it changes the entire dynamic of the color matchup. This is now a primarily Blue vs. White matchup rather than a Purple vs. Red, White, and Blue matchup since the Giants' home uniforms are so different than their road uniforms. It looks more like a Giants home game now, as opposed to this:

odell-beckham-jr.jpg?w=617

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, maz said:

For the Steelers, I like the block font more, but really, the arguments for each font are valid. Being almost 30, the italic font is what I grew up with, and I always kind of used it as a way to differentiate between the two eras where the Steelers were most dominant.

Block font = Super Steelers of the 70's... IX, X, XIII, XIV... Bradshaw, Swann, Franco (RIP), etc.

Italic font = Steelers of the 2000's... XL, XLIII... Ben, Bettis, Ward, Polamalu, etc.

What they are rumored to be bringing back for this weekend that I am passionate about them making permanent again - gold endzones. I get why the field at Acrisure is painfully boring due to sharing with Pitt, but Pitt does wear the same shade of gold now...

That one threw me off for a hot second. 

Don't know that I'll ever get used to that...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, maz said:

Honestly, they could make the //// endzone be a straight yellow, or make the /// black/blue like they do the PITTSBURGH wordmark.

And then repaint when pitt is done.

• Like 3

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

The problem with the Titans is that they don't really have an identity. They have components of the original Titans look, but not in a way that you feel like you can define what they should look like (the Jaguars have this same problem).

Are they a navy team? A teal team? And red/white/navy team? The answer to all of those questions can't be yes, except for the Titans, it is.

That said, I think they look nice when they lean in on red accents:

defense--endzonecelebration.jpg

But still, I'd describe their overall look as collegiate more than anything else, and that's not a compliment at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags