2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

23 hours ago, gothedistance said:

This was the only other time where the Packers were in white jerseys and Dolphins in aqua jerseys. The 1971 game.

CTR AP S FBN FL USA NYWWP Orange Bowl 1971

The 2022 meeting that took place was the second time.

And I would argue (perhaps unpopularly) that the 2022 iteration looked better than the 1971 game, at least from a match-up standpoint. And that's all down to the brighter aqua the Dolphins use now.

An aside: If the Dolphins go back to a throwback look, they should keep the current aqua.

• Like 6
  • Dislike 3

5 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Yea, fair enough, I guess that point was meant more specifically for the Panthers. The “red-throated caraca” (🤣) looks pretty black & red though.

Regardless, I like the Falcons’ mono-black look, even though I know that’s unpopular.

• Like 1

Colts get two Monday night home games in four weeks, both against teams in yellow pants (Steelers and Chargers) and they wear an alternate uniform for both games. I hate when teams refuse to wear their regular home uniforms in primetime. The Jets and Seahawks are two other teams that come to mind who do this. It’s corny AF.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

4 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

Colts get two Monday night home games in four weeks, both against teams in yellow pants (Steelers and Chargers) and they wear an alternate uniform for both games. I hate when teams refuse to wear their regular home uniforms in primetime. The Jets and Seahawks are two other teams that come to kind who do this. It’s corny AF.

The Colts look ridiculous in all-blue.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, MrAstrodome said:

Colts in monoblue are not good on the eyes. Especially with the Chargers in yellow pants.

White helmets all but require white jerseys or pants (or both). It's the same reason the Cardinals always look so dopey.

• Like 4

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

9 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

Here is more of the alternate

FajuTEdXwAMUAmy?format=jpg&name=360x360

cv3uqg2zodjl4nphtoqs.jpg

I don't hate it—in fact, it looks pretty good for what it is—but it definitely needs the navy socks to bookend the navy sleeve caps. Who are they wearing this against?

(And...I'll be the one to say it: I also wouldn't mind Dallas basing a new primary set off this. Slightly lighter blue, though.)

• Like 5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

33 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I don't hate it—in fact, it looks pretty good for what it is—but it definitely needs the navy socks to bookend the navy sleeve caps. Who are they wearing this against?

(And...I'll be the one to say it: I also wouldn't mind Dallas basing a new primary set off this. Slightly lighter blue, though.)

It does need navy socks. And this coming Thursday Night against the Tennessee Titans.

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

my main problem with this look is that the stripes on the pants are Navy/Silver/Navy, while the helmet is Navy/White/Navy. Also, Navy socks would look better with it. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, tBBP said:

The white color rush and the navy set and call it a day

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Indigo said:

The fact that this is possible, and it’s been done before, and they still refuse to do this is insane.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

IMO - and I remember it live - this was awful.  Way too bottom heavy, though the white socks helped.

For better or for worse, the "Colts look" is white pants and white pants only.  While I do think that gray could work (just not the way they did it when they tried in the '80s) it's still just change for change's sake.  Sorry, but the Colts are blue over white and white over white.

The one thing I'll agree on is that they looked like absolute booty last night.  :puke:

• Like 8

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."