2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

5 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Whoa, hold up--there's one for the obscure uniform detail files. I never realized the Chargers had solid navy bolts on their helmets that first, for however short-lived that was. 

According to the good 'ol GUD, this game took place during the 1966 season. (As to which game it is, well, it's either preseason Week 3 or reg. season Week 16)

1966_SanDiego.png

15 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

According to the good 'ol GUD, this game took place during the 1966 season. (As to which game it is, well, it's either preseason Week 3 or reg. season Week 16)

1966_SanDiego.png

Looks weird when paired with the lighter unis. Would have looked more approrpiate if they wore them during the Junior Seau and LT era unis when they actually used navy blue heavily.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tBBP said:

Whoa, hold up--there's one for the obscure uniform detail files. I never realized the Chargers had solid navy bolts on their helmets that first, for however short-lived that was. 

Yeah, the sheer amount of tweaks the Chargers made from 1960-73 is always interesting to look at.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 11/18/2022 at 1:52 PM, Pigskin12 said:
Would've been some nice bright colors in the Buffalo snow. I hate when games get moved to neutral sites like this. Brown could end up going 12 years without playing at Buffalo.

Would probably be their record for longest stretch in not hosting an AFC team. Last year was their first time hosting the Falcons since 2005 I'd assume that is their all time longest record in the modern era. They haven't hosted the Seahawks with fans being able to attend since 2008 & probably won't until 2028. The reason for most of those is due to their 5 year stretch giving a game to Toronto

• Like 4

2 hours ago, aaa333bbb said:

Would probably be their record for longest stretch in not hosting an AFC team. Last year was their first time hosting the Falcons since 2005 I'd assume that is their all time longest record in the modern era. They haven't hosted the Seahawks with fans being able to attend since 2008 & probably won't until 2028. The reason for most of those is due to their 5 year stretch giving a game to Toronto

Jaguars have a similar dilemma with all their London games. 49ers visited Jacksonville last year for the first time since 2005 and the Cowboys are doing it this year for the first time since 2006.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Just 'cause they're old doesn't make 'em good. 🚮

FiB0gVFXoAUhGoI?format=jpg&name=small

Yeah, the golds don't match for a variety of reasons. (Saints wasting their alternate helmet on Black instead of the correct shade of gold, it being from the 60s, where matching colors wasn't exactly as good as it was now.) But if the Saints were to make their Throwback and Color Rash uniforms permanent (which they should,) then of course they should fix the mismatching golds, making them all similar to the shade on the jersey numbers, which is a beautiful shade of Gold.

• Like 10
  • Meh 1

da0Lbhs.png